Thread: Senator Obama's new dog...

Senator Obama's new dog...

Hi all

Been a while since I posted but I was just reading the LA Times animal newsfeed today and thought I would provide a link to the story - which also has a link to the Best Friends Network's online petition to encourage the Obamas to adopt a dog from a shelter rather than purchasing one from a breeder or heaven forbid, a pet shop. I encourage everyone to sign the BFN petition.
    Click on the following link for details

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unle...-get-some.html
    Watch out over the coming months for my brand new website: www.vetnurse.co.nz - currently being constructed (nothing there ATM!) - will update when I can

Heavenly Pet Care

Don't make someone else pick up your litter - have your cats/dogs/rabbits desexed!!!

Yay! I've been boo'd!

Just signed it! Thank you for posting this!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Idiots. Goldendoodles aren't hypoallergenic or even guaranteed to be low-dander. I think if they want low-dander, big, furry, golden, and endlessly bouncy, they should get the wheaton. Or a bouvier. They should definately test run a breed before getting one since they have allergy issues. They have an opportunity here to set an example in from of millions, the question is will it be good or bad?
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I think if Oprah sticks by her word to educate and adopt from now on, Barach Obama will adopt a rescue dog, even if it is a purebred animal. Oprah is obviously very close to him, very supportive, and I imagine that given the chance, she will express her feelings.

I do think that this is a very private decision and if Mr. Obama and his family want to buy a purebred puppy, that is their choice. Two out of 3 of my dogs are ones I chose as puppies and I certainly don't regret either of them.

Best wishes and intentions.
    Logan

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452 View Post
    They have an opportunity here to set an example in from of millions, the question is will it be good or bad?
    I differ with your opinion, and I really find the idea of circulating a petition is ridculous. This is going to be a member of their family. They have every right to pick the dog they want, and it's really nobody else's business. There are great dogs in shelters & from breeders.

Oh I have no problem with a good breeder. I have a problem with buying a goldendoodle from a byb or a pet store or a puppy mill. There are no good breeders of goldendoodles.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton