Thread: Rest in Peace My Bonnie Girl

Rest in Peace My Bonnie Girl

One of the hardest things about colony care is the wild critters and stray dogs that exist in the woods with them. Today I found out that two dogs killed my Bonnie. I am so heartbroken and very very discouraged. Unfortunately she leaves behind 4 kittens of her own and one she adopted from another mother, that I now believe was a victim of these dogs also. I feel so guilty about Bonnie and her babies. It has been slow going spaying and neutering this colony. I had a tough couple of years with not only being my parents caretaker and then the terminal illness of my father, then my mother-in-law and my mother (both whom were terminally ill at the same time). This colony I started caring for after my Dad died as I already had two fixed colonies I was caring for. After my mom died, life was tough, loosing 3 family members within 18 months and my brother two years earlier, well feeding the cats was the only thing I could do cause putting one foot in front of the other was hard enough. When I was ready to get back in the swing of things and started trapping, my husband developed heart problems and was in and out of the hospital several times before a pacemaker was put in. While he was recovering, I was ready to trap again and the vet with the organization I was using was out having her baby. During that time is when Bonnie and two others had their babies. All the babies are weaned and eating on their own, but I am worried sick about them. I know there are foxes there in addition to the bobcat I have seen and was told a coyote has been seen. This week, after a 3 week absence of the vet again, trapping is starting again and Bonnie and two others were top on the list. I can only trap on Thursdays and sometimes only one, I pay for them myself and can most times only afford one a week. Please pray for my Bonnie. I know she is safe at the Rainbow Bridge. Please please pray also for the safety of the others. I am sorry that this post is so long and I am venting, but God I feel so guilty about the babies out there and worried what will happen to them. Also, if you don't mind a few prayers for my success at trapping. TNR does work and colonies do become stable. Thanks Pet Talkers for listening.

Big PT Prayers for you, and for dear Bonnie.

TNR produces wonderful, amazing results. You are doing amazing work, under EXTREMELY heartbreaking conditions.

I hope the kittens can be found easily.

Bless Bonnie - dear kitty, let the lady who loves you so know you are ok.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

RIP Bonnie

Please know you are doing such a wonderful thing. But unfortunately sometimes there is too much to be done and you alone can not accomplish all of it. Every little thing you do does make a big difference.

Hugs to you!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I could tell by the things that you were saying that you feel guilty but you truly have nothing to feel guilty about. You've had a full plate for quite some time now and the fact that you still managed to help feral colonies is a testament to your love and dedication to them. It's truly sad about Bonnie but she knows that you love her and that you tried your best. Years ago, when I was actively involved in cat rescue and it seemed as though I was losing more cats than I was saving, someone once told me "Sometimes we can only save them for a day". And that's one day that they had food, love, and the comfort and warmth of the human touch. Prayers are going up for Bonnie that she'll live a comfortable life at the RB and that you will find sweet peace.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Bonnie knows that you did the best you could for her and her Kittens, and not to feel sad or guilty, as nauture can be cruel sometimes.
    Shes in the Craibbean tonight and will find a place where you can alll be together. You are doing an amzing job, and will be rewarded with love when you and Bonnie meet again.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

All cats need love--even those who cannot approach a human. She knew you loved her and that made her life worth living. She's resting peacefully now.

RIP Bonnie.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

I'm so sorry to hear you are going through such hard times with death and sickness. And it's sad that Bonnie was killed.

You are doing everything you can to help these kitties, so you should be proud of yourself - not feeling guilty!

I hope the rest of kitties can be saved, and I hope things will start going better for you too!

Lots of hugs!

Rest in peace, dear Bonnie!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Julie, I am so sorry to read about your dear Bonnie. This is life in a feral colony, and you have made what time they have on this Earth a MUCH better time than it may have been otherwise.

We do TNRM so the colony won't expand, but we still must realize that the colony IS a feral colony, coping with Nature. VERY difficult to come to terms with at times like this.

Dear Bonnie, enjoy your time at the Bridge dear one. Your kittens are growing, and will do well in their colony; you know already dear lady that they have a better chance with Julie on the job.