Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collie pups now 4 wks old **LOTS and LOTS of New Pics**

Collie pups now 4 wks old **LOTS and LOTS of New Pics**

Just wanted to share new pictures of the puppies -- now 4 wks old... and really showing their personalities...

First.... we have...

ROUGH TRI MALE

next we have...

SMOOTH BLUE BOY #1

now we have....

SMOOTH TRI-COLOR BOY

Continued.....
    If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!

Then SMOOTH BLUE BOY #2

And finally... the SMOOTH TRI GIRL

beating up her brother....

Being the only girl in a litter of 5.. she's gotta keep those boys in line!! LOL

Continued....
    If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!

Lunch!!

Ok.. thats all for now....lol

I've Been BOO'd!!

Oh, goodness, are they ever wonderful. Mama is just a beauty!
    Thanks for sharing these pictures.......it was one ooooh and awww after another for me.

Wow!!! They sure are getting big and getting even more adorable every time I see them. Their mother is gorgeous too. Is she a rough tri collie?

Thanks! Yes! they are really growing and getting big! Its fun to compare pictures I took last week to the new pics.. to see how much they really have changed....

Yep.. the mom is a rough tri-color. Sire of the litter is a smooth blue merle champion.

I've Been BOO'd!!

they are all so adoreable but love the little girl she looks like she has some spuink in her

momma is beauitful too..

I want that one, that one, that one, that one and that one
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Okay, that is just almost too much cuteness for 6:45 in the morning.....oh my gosh.....I almost couldn't stand it....they are sooooooo precious!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

OMGoshy!!! They are adorabibble! I just wanna squeeze em! Which are you keeping?
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

My goodness! They have gotten so big, and even cuter! Mum looks so exhausted.. with good reason.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Spiritwind, could you please give them a pat for me, to Kelsey as well. They are beautiful! Same wish as before - long, happy and healthy life to you, pups!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thanks everyone! Yes.. mom is getting pretty tired..lol well mainly of their teeth LOL She goes in to nurse or check on them every once in a while but then has to get out because those sharp puppy teeth! LOL She is in with them all night though... out for several hours in the morning where they have their soaked puppy food... I put her in with them in the afternoon for a while (maybe 10-15 minutes) so they can nurse then she is out, and they have more puppy food in with them, until bed time and she goes back in with them.... so she gets a break for a while LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lute View Post
    OMGoshy!!! They are adorabibble! I just wanna squeeze em! Which are you keeping?
    Thanks Lute! More than likely I'll be keeping the smooth tri male. He has been my favorite since birth and over the weeks, especially this past week where their heads have been lengthing so much, he has changed the least. Pending eye checks of course, which will be done July 21st.. but I expect great eye checks.

All their profiles are off this week though... mainly their stops, because of the heads/muzzles are pulling out and lengthening... but looking at them head on they are still beatufiul!

The smooth blue #1 SHOULD be going to a show home in Indiana, so you might get to see him out at shows on occasion. Smooth Tri Girl is going to a show/performance home on co-ownership here in North Carolina. I have a home in Maryland looking for a smooth pet puppy, so the other blue boy may be going to a pet home..... if everything works out.

I've Been BOO'd!!

Cute, cute! I love the blue ones!

Going to show my complete ignorance of collies here, obviously ... I would have assumed before seeing this post that rough coats were bred to rough coats to get rough coated puppies ... and that smooths were bred to smooths to get smooth coated puppies. Not true, obviously. It would seem, too, that a rough bred to a smooth might throw pups with a coat type in between the two - much like a smooth JRT and a rough JRT can throw a "broken coat" pup. Obviously not the case, again. Ya learn something new every day.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

LOL nope... roughs and smooths are bred together pretty often.. always have been...

You breed a rough coat..... in this case the dam is a rough:

Kelsey - Spiritwind Ain't No Angel

to a smooth coat... the sire is a smooth..

CH Apple Valley Shades Of Blue, CGC

and you get either roughs or smooths... no coat length in between..
    Rough is actually recessive.. and smooth is dominat, so when you breed rough to smooth in order to get rough puppies, the smooth parent must be rough facotred (carry 1 dominat smooth gene and 1 recessive rough gene)..

Since smooth is dominat you only need one parent to pass on the smooth gene to the puppy in order for the puppy to be a smooth. Rough being recessive means in order to be a rough you have to get 1 rough gene from each parent.

If you breed rough to rough you will ONLY get roughs though...

Smooth to Smooth you can get rough and smooth puppies.. if both parents are rough factored... if one or both parents are "pure for smooth" (they carry 2 smooth genes - so no rough genes) then all puppies will be smooths..

Obviously Ben, the sire of the litter is a rough factored smooth...

LOL its after 1am... I sure hope that makes sense LOL

I've Been BOO'd!!