Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Learning to get along-1 Picture

Learning to get along-1 Picture

They are even learning to share the couch for short periods of time. Really, for only being together for six days I think they are both doing very well.

I was just going to write and ask for pictures. Thank you for this! Joyce this picture says it all!!!! Oh please do give Ginger kisses and hugs from me. She has welcomed her new little brother into her home with such grace. Taz is sure kissable too. What a lovely picture. I think a new siggy is in order. This is a Keeper picture for sure!

OH HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!! They both look SOOOO cute and Ginger looks like she's glowing. I truly believe they are both SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!

They look very happy!! Taz looks like he fits right in, and Ginger seems fine with him! I wish my two could just sit together...Cassie just turns her back whenever she sees Boomer. She tolerates him, but doesn't want him near her.
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

Hehehe, thanks guys. It's easy to get Ginger to look happy, just hold a piece of dried liver in your left hand and say "say treatsie." Boomersooner, Ginger is actually the same way, as Cassie is. Fortunately Taz is a real laid back kind of guy, and doesn't push the issue, so Ginger has gradually lessened the amount of personal space she needs between them to feel comfortable.

Only two minor problems have cropped up this past week. He has been a little pushy with two of her doggie friends, but both dogs and owners have been very understanding and say they are willing to go slow with him. We have such good friends. The second problem is that on our second visit to the dog park, Taz learned that he can fit under the fence in the back of the pen and run into the wooded area to chase squirrels. Once he learned that he had no interest in staying in the play area at all. Not sure what I am going to do about that. There is another park we can go to further away, I think it is better cared for and he may not be able to get under the fence. Or when we take Taz we will just stick to the trails and not take go in the play area, so he will not be off lead. Maybe by next summer I will feel comfortable enough that he won't take off on me that it won't be an issue.

I just read through your intro thread of Taz and wanted to wish you and Ginger warmest congratulations on the adoption of this sweet boy. Wow that picture sure brings a smile. He is a total cutie and it really sounds like things are going pretty smooth with the transition. I bet before long seeing them that way will be a common occurrence .
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

What a happy picture! They're going to be best buddies soon. It sounds like you do indeed have great friends Joyce.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

What a lovely photo Joyce . Goodluck with the dog park escapee issue, i hope Taz learns that the dog park is more interesting than Squirell chasing soon.

Thanks for sharing.

He heee, I am sure that pose made mom get a HUGE SMILE!! Capturing it in a photo, even better. Well, done, Ginger, letting a brother in your home and your life!

Wonderful! It, without a doubt, looks like they are getting along splendidly.
    They make such a great duo. Both are as cute as they come!

What a great picture!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom
    The second problem is that on our second visit to the dog park, Taz learned that he can fit under the fence in the back of the pen and run into the wooded area to chase squirrels. Once he learned that he had no interest in staying in the play area at all.
    Why Taz, you Sneaky Pete, do I detect a bit of NAWTEE DAWG underneath that sweet soul of yours? And Ginger, thanks for the obligatory picture with your new brother. I must admit it is a most beautiful one of you. Feel free to complain about your little bro. Hannah did that when we first got Tucker and once she got it out of her system, she couldn't think of a bad thing to say.
    Last edited by Rachel; 07-06-2008 at 06:15 AM.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom
    On our second visit to the dog park, Taz learned that he can fit under the fence in the back of the pen and run into the wooded area to chase squirrels. Once he learned that he had no interest in staying in the play area at all.
    Taz, sweety. Please stick with your mom and Ginger at the dog park, please pretty please. I would not want anything to happen to you.

Look at the two of you on the sofa! Great job! HUG for Taz (are you sure you're not just a teensy weensy bit corgi? Your ears make me wonder)! HUG for Ginger!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Aw! What an awesome picture! Pam's right! It's a keeper!
    Joyce, I think great progress has been made in a short time! That sure says a whole lot for you and Ginger! You done good, girl!

I thought of you today. I passed a huge street sign in one of the next local communities, and they're having a pet rescue/adoption on Saturday at 10a. John said "oh, oh". Hey, ya never know.

I've been Boooo'd!

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom View Post
    The second problem is that on our second visit to the dog park, Taz learned that he can fit under the fence in the back of the pen and run into the wooded area to chase squirrels. Once he learned that he had no interest in staying in the play area at all. Not sure what I am going to do about that.
    Have you called whoever is in charge of the dogpark and told them? (Is it your local Park District?) You can be sure he isn't the only one that can sqweeze under. Back in Findlay they were pretty good about coming out & filling in potential escape routes if you called. Otherwise, they may not realize there's a problem.

That is so great that they are getting along! Cute picture of them toghether on the couch.