Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I called him Garfield.

Unhappy I called him Garfield.

(He may have been a she but it doesn't matter now)

He lost his life sometime between last evening and this morning, how we do not know.

I hadn't know him long. A stray cat, he was fed and watered by a lady in the opposite end of the four bungalow row to me for a few years, and before she died she asked Racheal, who lived next door to her, to continue doing so, which she has. They called him Puss Puss.

He never wanted inside, was happy to be out and about and was wary of all but Racheal. When I took over feeding duties for a couple of days, while Racheal was away, he would run off into the bushes and stay there until he was sure I was gone before venturing out to eat.

Rest in peace beautiful puss, I will miss seeing your sweet face.

Unhappy

That is so great that there were several people who were so dedicated to taking care of this fellow. Sleep softly, dear Garfield...Look for our ORANGEMAN, Ralph Syracuse at the Bridge...
    Nine is Fine!!

It sounds like you helped him to have a great life while he was here. Run free at RB beautiful cat...find Rocky and play with him. He was a free spirit too...

RIP Garfield. You were apparently a lucky cat to have had so many caring people in your travels to care for you.

Poor little man, he was such a cutie. ChrisH, you and your neighbours made his life so much brighter I'm sure. RIP little one.

Zimbabwe 07/13

One of the lucky ones, to have so many humans caring about him and for him. RIP sweet kitty.

THE PORCH ANGELS HAVE GATHERED UP GARFIELD AND HAVE MADE HIM A PRAT OF THE PORCH ANGEL STRIP MALL FAMILY WHERE THERES A BEDDING SHOP, AND SIX RESTAURANTS, INCLUDIUNG TWO BUFFETS, THE MANDARIN AND MEXICALI ROSAS.
    HES A WONDERFUL ORANGE CAT, AND THATS NICE THAT HE HAD FRIENDS TO WATCH OVER HIM.
    FRIENDS WITH WHOM HE WILL SHARE A MEAL WITH LOVE AND AFFECTION AND GRATITUDE.
    ONE FINE DAY.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Sweet Orangie, you were loved from a distance, but, loved nonetheless. RIP.

What a beautiful boy he was. I'm so glad so many people cared enough that they took care of his needs for so long!

Rest well sweet orange boy, you've had a hard life on the street on your own.

What a beautiful baby!! May you rest in peace sweet baby, never to have fear of anything again. You left humans that loved you behind and will always remember you.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Rest in peace sweet kitty and bless the people who took care of you.

Thanks everyone.

As I wrote, I hadn't known him long, just the seven months I've lived here, and kind of only seen him from afar, except on the odd occasion I could spy him in my part of the garden through the window. Given that it seems I am overly upset at his passing.Thinking of him, my eyes filled and overflowed a number of times last evening, as they are now, and I woke up during the night, so sad, with lingering traces of a dream of him.

Taking Bob outside this morning I found myself kind of expecting to see him sitting on Racheal's back step.

I always intended to get a good photo (the one above was taken with the zoom function) perhaps by him trusting me more and letting me get closer but, sadly, it wasn't to be.

Miss you puss.

Such a handsome boy Garfield was. He lived the life of his choosing and how many of us wish we could say that. You helped to make his life even better and, though you'll miss him, he lived life on his terms. RIP, Garfield and peace to you.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    RIP Garfield/Puss Puss. You sound like my orange baby O.C. who just went to the Bridge this past April. He was my "resident stray that came to stay" - but not for as long as I would have liked - only 4 short years. I'm sure you'll meet up with him and you'll probably have a lot to talk about since you seem to have a lot in common. Have lots of fun together. Pictured is O.C. on the right.
    Last edited by pomtzu; 07-31-2008 at 03:57 PM.

What a beautiful boy he was. 98% of orange cats are male.

RIP beautiful orangie. You were very much loved.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!