Thread: Sweet Pookey

Sweet Pookey

What a special cat we have honored today on this Fourth of July 2008! Pookey, you were indeed the best $5 your mom ever spent. I am so sorry to hear that you were sick when your mommy got you-it sounds like that lady whom you were being sold from did not take proper care of you at all. Shame on her. But your mom was an angel in disguise, adopting you and getting you all better, and seeing your potential! A BIG thanks to her! And who could resist you, handsome and sweet boy? You sound like a cat with such a great purrsonality, too. That is so neat how you "go for a ride" on your meowmy's shoulders every day. You are one special boy. Hope your independence day in the spotlight is as special as you are! Congratulations on being featured as Cat of the Day today!
    ~Catloverforever and Her Two Kitties, Nellie & Reggie White~
    And the fosters, too!

P.S. Me and my kitties are from San Diego, too! How neat is that?!

To Sweet Pookey!

I JUST LOVE THE SHORTHAIRS AND HERE IS YET ANOTHER. pOOKEY YOU ARE SOOOHANDSOM AND I JUST CAN'T STOP LOOKING AT THOSE BEAUTIFUL EYES!!!IT IS SO GOOD THAT THESE CATS SURVIVE ILLNESS AND OTHER SITUATIONS AND COME THROUGH WITH FLYING COLORS---AND LOVING HOMES! POOKIE -THAT IS AN ADORABLE [ICTURE AND I BET YOUR EVEN CUTER IN PERSON. HAVE A SAFE FOURTH!......susanswatlin518

Pookey

What a sweet face...you are a lucky kitty; I can tell you are loved! You look
    like my Jesse girl, and it sounds like you have similar personality traits.
    I have had three three white cats, and they have all been very smart & affectionate. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Darling Pookie

Oh darling pookie, you must have been needing some care, when you were sick and ill. You are so lucky that you survived. Your momma must have spent a lot of money on you. Nope! Not at all! You were a great deal for 5.00.

pookey sweetie

You are sweet sweet sweet
    For auction, you would have sold for soo much more than 5$
    Happy COTD!

THATS WHAT I ALWAYS TELL PEOPLE THAT MONEY SPENT ON A PET COMPANION IS ALWAYS REPAID WITH LOVEAND A PET WILL BE THERE LONG AFTER YOU THROW THE CREATIONS OF MAN ARE SET ASIDE.
    A CREATURE OF GOD LIKE PURRFECTPOOKEY WILL BE THERE AND GIVE YOU SUCH A GOOD FEELING THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO GIVE POOKEY A FURREVER HOME OF HIS WON, AND POOKEY WILL MAKE YOU SO GLAD EVERYDAY, THAT YOU HELPED HIM OUT!!!
    THE LUCKY FOUND CATS ALL ARE SAYING HELLO TO POOKY AT THE BIG FOURTH AOF JULY PARTY, AND MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWING FOR OUR SWEETEST AND NEWEST CAT OF THE DAY , POOKY!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Precious Pookey!!!

You are just one sweet fellow!!! Your Mom made an excellent $5.00 investment that has paid EXCELLENT dividends over the years!! HAPPY COTD!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Pookey what a handsome fellow you are!!!

What a wonderful picture with your sweet face peeking out at us!!!
    I'm so glad you are all well and happy now! I agree that you were the best bargain anyone ever got for $5.

Have a fun and treat filled day today.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are SOOOOO cute and quite deserving of COTD on this July 4th holiday. Happy COTD to you and I am happy you found such a GREAT FURREVER home!

Congratulations to you Pookey! What a very heartwarming story. You certainly were a bargain at $5.00 and I know that your person wouldn't take $1,000,000 for you now! Have a wonderful day, handsome boy. My white kitty, Andy, gives you a "paws up" on becoming our Cat of the Day!

Quote Originally Posted by suzee-q View Post
    I have had three three white cats, and they have all been very smart & affectionate. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
    Yes I do! My Andy is also super affectionate and smart. He comes when I call his name and will stay in my lap and purr and drool all day. LOL! I have often joked that I think that there is a special "affectionate gene" residing in white cats. I have heard others speak of their affectionate white kitties too.

Oh, Pookey, you are beautiful! Off to a rough start in life but now you are happy, healthy and in command. Happy Cat of the Day!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

No need for the comb

When I saw the picture, I had this overwhelming urge to sing that song that was so popular back in the late 1950's:

"Pookey, Pookey, lend me your comb!"

But then I figured that any priceless, $5.00 cat did not need to have another trite fool asking for his comb.

I bet dozens of people ask this courageous survivor if they can borrow his comb everyday.

It must get very tiring.

So, Pookey, I will not ask to borrow your comb.

http://nocatsallowed.blogspot.com/

(Part 2 of 4: I come out of surgery and before me see the image of Little Clyde Texaco, dead now for two years, asleep with Mickey Mouse).

Pookey, you sure are a very handsome cat and I'm so glad that your meowmie adopted you and weaned you back to health. I agree that you were the best $5 that she's ever spent. Congrats on being COTD and finding the purrfect loving and caring forever home too.

Hello Handsome! I see a little sparkle in your eyes in this photo, like you are looking for some interesting activity next. He hee, what a great kitty you are! Yes, barn cats don't always have the best start in life. Maybe the woman who had you and the other kitties was doing the best she could in getting all of you out of the barn and into proper homes?

And look at the "proper" home you got yourself to! Someone to give neck snuggles and shoulder rides anytime you demand such! Isn't that what all good humans are for, after all?

Dear one, I am very happy to congratulate you as our Cat of the Day! MWAH!

Happy Cat of the Day to you handsome, precious Pookey! When I first glanced your thumbnail, I thought that was a sunhat you were wearing But I see now it's just adorable you, snuggling in your blankie! I'm sorry to hear of your tough start in life, sweetheart! But thanks to your mom, those trying times are but a distant memory; nothing but happy times and lots of unconditional love to fill your days and heart!

The best 5.00 your mom ever spent, for sure...talk about getting a bang for your buck! The love and happiness you bring to her life, each and every day, is worth a million; no make that priceless!

Hope you and your proud mom are enjoying a very happy holiday, celebrating your much deserved Cat of the Day kudos, and a fun and festive 4th! Lots of love and cuddles to you, precious Pookey!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~