Thread: This Little Chihuahua Needs a Home!

This Little Chihuahua Needs a Home!

Meet Remington. He was basically dumped at my boarding kennel.

He is a SWEET dog - housetrained, current on vaccinations, neutered, and I just got his teeth cleaned. He is an older dog, I'd guess at least six or seven.

I feel so bad for him, he's so lonely.

If anyone knows someone looking for a chihuahua - he would be a great pet for an older person or couple - please let me know. I would pay to transport him to a great home.

Thanks!

(Sorry about the terrible picture quality. My sister took the pics with her digital camera, and emailed them me. I'm not sure why they turned out so blurrry.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	remington1.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	39607   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	remington2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	39608  
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I hope he gets a good home. Well, at least he was left somewhere where he will be cared for. If you had posted this 24 hours earlier I may have been able to help. I will think positive thoughts for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom View Post
    If you had posted this 24 hours earlier I may have been able to help.
    Ah, come on ... it's just the leap from one dog to two that's scary. After that ... three, four, five dogs ... it's all gravy.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

LOL, that is what my friend with four dogs keeps telling me, too. I think I will wait a while (a looong while) until I give that a try.

Oh my gosh, he is scrumptious. We are in the middle of selling our home and will be moving to a new one at which point we are planning on finding a little dog to rescue to join our two larger dogs. Our older dog Muddy is almost 12 and he is beginning to show his age, losing his hearing and sight a bit. Our other dog Finnigan is so attached to him and has never been without him for more than 10 seconds since we brought him home from the SPCA over 4 years ago. We're afraid that when Muddy goes to the RB he will be so depressed. We think that bringing in another dog now that Finnigan can get to know will help him when Muddy's time comes. If it were up to me, I would adopt another dog now but my husband has said that he does not want to make this decision until we are settled somewhere and I know he is not going to change his mind about this.
    If little Remington is still in need of a home in a few months, he might be a good match for our family. But, he may not want such a big family full of cats and larger dogs. It might be overwhelming for a small guy that is used to a quieter environment.
    And, I'm sure he will probably be scooped up soon anyway because he is simply adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldgreen View Post
    But, he may not want such a big family full of cats and larger dogs. It might be overwhelming for a small guy that is used to a quieter environment.
    And, I'm sure he will probably be scooped up soon anyway because he is simply adorable.
    Actually, he is not at ALL used to a quiet environment! The people that had him had a rottweiler, a lab, a doberman mix, another little dog, a cat and a LOT of big birds. They also had seven adult/teenage kids and a LOT of grandkids.

PM me when you get your house, and I'll let you know if I still have him. The way it's looking now, he just might still be here. Seems like everyone in my little middle-0f-nowhere town is either buying "designer dog" puppies, or looking for a lab.

Poor little guy. You would think Chihuahuas would get adopted faster(seeing that they are little and cute), but there seems to be plenty on Petfinder in my area.

I'll keep him in my thoughts. Sending good vibes!
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Awww! He is just adorable! Thank you for caring for this little guy! I hope he finds his forever home soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog View Post
    Actually, he is not at ALL used to a quiet environment! The people that had him had a rottweiler, a lab, a doberman mix, another little dog, a cat and a LOT of big birds. They also had seven adult/teenage kids and a LOT of grandkids.

PM me when you get your house, and I'll let you know if I still have him. The way it's looking now, he just might still be here. Seems like everyone in my little middle-0f-nowhere town is either buying "designer dog" puppies, or looking for a lab.
    Sounds like Remington is used to lots of animals which is great. It will increase his chances of being adopted and would certainly work well for us.
    I would be surprised if that little fellow is still available in a few months but I will definitely PM you when we get relocated and have our dog area built and secured.

Do you know why they dumped him? Do they still have all the other animals? I don't know how they could have left him like that. It's heartbreaking to think that he is lonely. Please give him extra snuggles for now.
    Thank you for taking care of him.
    p.s. if you are able to post anymore pics of him, I'm sure everyone would love to see them. He is very handsome.

I have cross posted him on two chi forums...of course they want pictures.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

How on earth could anyone dump him???
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Poor little guy! Who dumps an older pet?? That's just so wrong.

I'm glad he's with you and being loved. Hope he can find a permanent home soon as well!

I MAY HAVE FOUND HIM A HOME!!!! I am going to PM you.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldgreen View Post
    Do you know why they dumped him? Do they still have all the other animals?
    Well, I can tell you the story they gave me ... they had to take custody of their three grandchildren. Apparently the kids are a bit on the unruly side and not used to dogs. So they try to pick the two little dogs by their tails, ears, put them in the garbage can, etc. And ... surprise! ... the dogs snapped at them. So, they brought the dogs to me and left them. I told her, in my opinion, she needed to teach the kids to leave the dogs alone. One has to teach children to leave a hot stove or an electrical outlet alone ... why not a dog? My son seemed to get the concept rather quickly, say, by the time he was walking.

They also got rid of their lab, I know. I'm not sure about the other two dogs.

Wow, I really hope that he finds a home! If I was more finacially Secure I would take him in a heartbeat! I been wanting a small dog for some time now!