Thread: Happy 1st birthday, Jersey!

Happy 1st birthday, Jersey!

Jersey isn't a year until the 9th, but I finished her video this afternoon and couldn't wait to post it. It took me 5 days to make it... and let me tell you... Movie Maker wasn't making it easy! I had to keep restarting the program.

Anywho... unlike many others, I can't believe Jersey is ONLY a year. It seems like I've had her forever! She is everything I ever wanted in a dog... completely willing to please and learn, OCD, a water dog, doing well in her flyball training... her only vice is submissive urination!

For anyone who doesn't know her story, Jersey and her siblings were rescued from Kentucky by Hull's Haven Border Collie Rescue. I fostered her from September until December, when my uncle adopted her. Her first night with him she got loose and ran away... 3/4 of the way back to my house from a place she's never been before! I was quite impressed. We all knew she definitely belonged here afterwards!

She went from this:

To this:

And without further ado, here is the video.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ji_kFEF3UsA

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Happy first birthday, Jersey!! You are a very sweet girl!!! I loved your video...You sort of remind me of my Boomer, with your markings and freckles. Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!!

PS...You make a cute little chicken!!!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

From a wee adorable fuzzy pup to a big adorable fuzzy girl now! How time flies is right! Happy, Happy #1 gorgeous sweetie! I love your amazing "home where I belong" story! I hope you enjoy a gazillion more years of health and happiness!

I've been Boooo'd!

Oh I remember that when she left your uncle's! Oh my yes, she knew where she wanted to live, didn't she? The music really suits, as she picked YOU.

What a wonderful job you did on the video, I was smiling through the entire thing! I especially loved the shot where the other 2 dogs are playing with the tug and she wants IN he hee. And the puppy hiccups, aw, those aren't easy to capture on vid! I remember seeing the flyball segment as well, I guess I didn't connect that lovely flying lady with the wee pupper.

Sweet Jersey, you are so special and you surely picked a terrific place as your furever home. Happy 1st birthday!

Happy 1st Birthday Jersey . What a great video, i loved the puppy hiccups LOL & Jersey dressed up as the chicken too funny. The things we do to these poor pups .

I hope you both had a great day.

Happy Birthday, Jersey!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JERSEY! ; D

You have grown up to be an unbelievably gorgeous girl!

It seems like you've had Jersey way longer to me, too. She fits in with the M's so perfectly. I LOVE the video! Especially the chicken costume part, LMAO! Yesterday was Gonzo's birthday... I wish Jersey could come to his party tomorrow.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Happy 1st Birthday, Jersey

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by bckrazy View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JERSEY! ; D

You have grown up to be an unbelievably gorgeous girl!

It seems like you've had Jersey way longer to me, too. She fits in with the M's so perfectly. I LOVE the video! Especially the chicken costume part, LMAO! Yesterday was Gonzo's birthday... I wish Jersey could come to his party tomorrow.
    LOL They tolerate her! She likes to torture them. Too bad you live on the other side of the continent!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

How in the world did I miss this?

Happy 1st Birthday, Jersey!

I loved the video! Little miss Jersey is just too cute for words.

Happy first birthday, Jersey!

OMG the pause for "puppy hiccups" was just most hilarious, adorable thing EVER. Had me laughing out loud. Very nice video and very, very nice touch with the puppy hiccup pause