Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Happy but scared :) (New pictures addded Post #54)

Quote Originally Posted by K9karen View Post
    Does this make me the #1 single dog owner now?
    Wow! Congratulations Joyce! I have to admit, I was shocked because you feel a lot like I do. I'm SO happy for you! Taz is an adorable, handsome boy! It's OK, Ginger, mommy will always love you to pieces!
    nope!
    there's always me!
    And I'm sure I'll stay that way - Keegan doesn't like to share mommy, and other factors come in as well but we are happy.
    but I'm THRILLLEDDDD for Ginger, Mom and Taz - whoo hoo- what a cutie and I'm sure you made the right decision. Kudos and HUGS to you!
    looking forward to hearing more about Taz and Ginger.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I'm just seeing this, Joyce!!! I'm so excited for all of you!! Taz is adorable. Welcome to PT, Taz!! I love you!!! Congratulations!!! My girls are ecstatic too. Please give that gorgeous Ginger and that adorable Taz some kisses from us.

After reading the whole thread, I decided to comment more. Joyce, you always sound so much like me anyway but your emotions are right on with this. I know how you feel and what you're going through every day. I think Ginger will come around and grow to love her brother. You are such a great person for taking little Taz. I love this story. It is so much like mine and Delilah's.
    I hate to sound stupid and forgive me if this has been covered but......Taz is a Chihuahua , right? How much does he weigh? He looks like Delilah's size.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Congratulations, Taz is ADORABLE!!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

I'm just now seeing this, Congratulations!!!! Taz is a cutie. I've never had to introduce two dogs but I've had my share of cat/cat and cat/dog intros over the past 6 years and I know it can be a bit stressful but it sounds like things are going well. Ginger is a great dog so I'm sure she and Taz will end up great friends.

I'm so happy for you!!

From Decker with Love

Thank you so much for all of the good wishes. And I really enjoy hearing the experiences of others who have added dogs to their household, it certainly helps to hear others stories.

Like D & D said, *I love this story!* and I've had to come back several times to look at those precious pictures and see if there are any updates (hint, hint).
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Congrats Joyce, he is super cute. It looks like he is fitting in nicely and will make a great addition. I was scared adding more pups after Sadie but I love them all and they are well adjusted. They each have their quirks but they are special that way.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Cassie is not wild about Boomer at all....We are just taking it very slowly because in our case, she is an old lady at 14 and he is an unruly, obnoxious puppy! We are afraid they will hurt each other so we are just taking it day by day. Actually, yesterday, Boomer was on his leash but Cassie actually stood by him and tolerated him sniffing her and such. She even relaxed enough to sit down next to him...just baby steps!!! It may take some time but everyone will adapt! I have faith!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    Like D & D said, *I love this story!* and I've had to come back several times to look at those precious pictures and see if there are any updates (hint, hint).
    Okay, an update. Things are going well. Ginger really doesn't seem to be mad at me at all any more, and is back to acting pretty much normally. YAY!!! Ginger and Taz are co-existing just fine. Not really much interaction between the two, but nothing negative either; no fights/anger/defensiveness.

Ginger is a burier. If I give her a chew-chew she doesn't want she will "bury" it in a couch cushion or corner. I told her when we were looking for a companion that the new dog may find and eat her treatsies. Last night I handed out chew-chews and Taz "buried" his behind his bed. A few minutes later Ginger wandered over there. Taz immediately jumped off my lap, I didn't know if he would go after her or what. He didn't. He just stuck his little head under her's grabbed his chewie and went into the other room. They are really both so non-aggressive, laid back dogs, I can't imagine any real problems.

I have also learned that Taz does know how to play. I pulled out a loofah dog, and he loves it. He is so cute playing with it. Any way I also have a few more pictures to add. Here he is with his Bobo.

And my attempt to get Taz and Ginger together...LOL.

Don't they look happy? I know their couch is very dirty. I will clean and throw a new throw on it tonight.
    A few more in the next post.

Also, I have some pictures from the party this weekend. Taz was a very good boy. He was around about 30 people and four dogs he didn't know, and he was a star. We actually put him in the pool for a quick dip because it was so hot. So he is a bit wet in this pictures.

Trying to dry off. lol

Hoping that if he smiles nicely he will get some hamburger

One of the little girls asked if she could give Taz a carrot. He loved it.

Taz says thanks for all of the welcomes and good wishes.

Told you everything would be okay
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I am rushing this morning and really shouldn't even be on Pet Talk, but I had to check this thread. Thank you so much for the updates and pictures. What a cutie patootie Taz is!! He is blending in with Ginger even better than could be expected at this point. I loved the little story about the chewie. That was a very good "test" to see how well they will "share" and they both passed with flying colors! Ripley has done exactly the same thing with Bella. Bella is very laid back, and from what you say about Ginger she is too. It sounds like a perfect match. Congratulations to you for choosing just the perfect "little man." I continue to be amazed that someone gave him up! Had he been at the shelter very long? I am thinking you must have snatched him up pretty quickly and he couldn't have found a better home!!

That is wonderful!!! Everyone knew everything would be okay!! Sometimes it just isn't immediate. Taz and Ginger look like they are very happy together! I love the pics of Taz and his "bobo". Boomer has a blue one, and I saw in her signature that MoonandBeam's Sunny has a pink one!! Must be a happenin' toy!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

Yippeeee!!
    The pictures of him at the party say it all!
    HE BELONGS!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

It certainly looks like things are going to be a-okay! Taz is a little cutie and Ginger sounds so sweet that I think things will continue to get better and better between them.

I also thank you for adopting Taz because a lot of people would have overlooked him because of his age. It is nice to know that someone was caring enough to adopt an older dog.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather