Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Happy but scared :) (New pictures addded Post #54)

Things truly are getting better every day. One of the things that really bothered me, made me feel sad/guilty, was that Ginger wasn't getting any cuddle time. Everytime I tried to touch her, pet her, make a fuss over her, Taz would get between us and jump in my face. He now has seemed to learn that Ginger gets cuddle time, too, and sits nearby and watches. As soon as I am done he jumps in, which is fine. It is such a relief.

I was worried about bringing in a new dog and Ginger losing her cuddle time. Thanks Denise and Pawsitive Thinking. I contacted Denise in a panic a few weeks ago when I thought I had found a dog and asked her to do a reading on Ginger to make sure that she was ready to give up her cuddle time and possibly her hidden treats. Denise did in fact do a reading and said that Ginger had a very generous nature that was ready to welcome and accept a new friend. Without your help Denise I am not sure I would have had the courage to go through with this. You were right, she is fine.

Have you noticed how many hits this thread is getting? I think that is a testament to how well loved Ginger is around here and how excited so many of us are about the idea of an addition to your little family.

Just remember you are the Top Dog of your pack. Seems like everybody is willing to accept that and get the idea that you decide what goes.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    Have you noticed how many hits this thread is getting? I think that is a testament to how well loved Ginger is around here and how excited so many of us are about the idea of an addition to your little family.

Just remember you are the Top Dog of your pack. Seems like everybody is willing to accept that and get the idea that you decide what goes.
    Rachel hit the nail on the head with that statement. We are all so happy to read the updates on your little extended family. Initially Ripley also tried to wedge his way into my cuddle sessions with Bella but he learned and it sounds like Taz is learning too. It is just like teaching young children to share, no matter what the object!

Without your help Denise I am not sure I would have had the courage to go through with this. You were right, she is fine
    My pleasure
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

After reading over some of the posts again, Joyce, I think it is great that you did your "homework" before you brought another dog home. That you tried to get an idea of what type of dog Ginger seemed to be most comfortable with, that you had the reading done by Denise and you spent time looking around for that special dog. I think that is what is going to make this work. Good job!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather