Thread: Aquarium Worries

Aquarium Worries

I don't post about my fish. I keep 12 to 16 tetras in there, enjoy watching them lazily swim about and the cats find it extremely entertaining. I ALWAYS have "helpers" when I am cleaning the tank.

I have a Tropiquarium 68, by Hagen. Had it for at least 14 years, LOVE it.
    http://www.lifeforceonline.co.uk/aqu...roduct440.html

Well, Hagen has stopped making the filters for it! Actually, they have stopped the aquarium 66 entirely. I searched the internet and bought up as many filters as I could locate (some from Europe!) so I am OK for a few months anyway. I contacted Hagen directly, as they have a distribution set up close by; but they were already sold out of all the filter media.

But now I need to figure out what to do. I am NOT happy about this. The system I have is easy, self contained, just so well suited for me. ONE plug for the entire tank: filter, heater, clock / timer, lights. It is really a fantastic setup!!

Sorry I haven't seen this until now.

Man, that bites about them halting the production of the filters. Each of my tanks require 3 plugins (light, heater, a filter or two) and it would be so nice to have only one. I can definitely see why you are not happy.

Are you looking for an alternative filter? I guess that might be the only direction to go if you are no longer able to find a replacement like those you have been using.

Good luck! If you need help deciding on a new filter, just send a PM. I would be happy to help.

Can you modify some other media to fit? How often are you cleaning the filter and changing everything?
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

There are 2 filter parts which get changed. One is a piece of foam, and Hagen makes a Fluval item which will suit.

The other is the charcoal insert. I can't find a thing which would work instead.

It is the Biolife Stage 3, this site has a photo:
    http://www.maidenheadaquatics.co.uk/...roducts_id=437

What about cutting Phospure to fit?

Wow, I didn't know about that! Just may work. Thanks!