Thread: music festivals/live music

music festivals/live music

i'm going back for part 2 of the creeksidebluesandjazz.com festival in a few minutes. i really enjoy listening to live music when i can. anyone else planning to go to a music festival this summer? i'm lucky in that columbus and area has a fair number of summer musical events to enjoy. i'll probably buy some more music for the very electic ipod collection i've got too
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

i'm the only one who is going to live music festivals? this weekends' columbus festivals are comfest-aka the old hippies and gay pride-the GLBT community(jennifer holiday for only $ 7) will be having more outdoor music as will the usual sunday music sites. happy listening all.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Not going to any festivals but after recent rendezvous with Mr Essex and Mr Springsteen am totally hooked on live gigs - have a great time
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

hearing the same songs done live, under summer skies then on my ipod/CD in winter in the house is so fun. last week sean carney did "keep on blessing me" in the fresh air, and the vibe was so different compared to seeing him and teeny tucker in a concert hall 2 decembers ago. to quote a shirt i saw..."live music, it won't kill ya!"

Sorry, I didn't see this post earlier.

I went to VirginFest last weekend. It was awesome!!! Got to see Stone Temple Pilots back together again.

Here's the link to it.

http://www.virginfestival.ca/calgary/

*Thanks Ashley*

we are haveing a itsyourfestival that has live music
    Hi all cat lovers have a nice day. chack out my meassge Board at
    http://orangeangelcat.proboards22.com/index.cgi

Glastonbury is about to kick off over here (cue torrential downpour). We've also got the Nelson Mandela birthday party tonight - poor old soul would probably rather be indoors with a mug of cocoa
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Are you traveling to Bethlehem in August for their 10 day feature called MUSIKFEST?? You can learn more about it, and what it had been in it's heyday (we lament those days still and wish they were here..).All kinds of music from all over the world, and all kinds of public drinking. That sums up Bethlehem pretty well... We also host Oktoberfest as well. Get some great Irish and Celtic bands in as well.

Links for Musikfest:
    http://www.musikfest.org/

It'sshaping up to be a really good one this year!! And there are lots of free concerts and plenty fo great food!

thanks for the link jenn, i'll check it out

Every Saturday night from 7 to 10 the city of Columbia provides a free, live concert in the big park downtown. They hire local bands of different styles for each week between Memorial Day and Labor Day. There are several food and drink vendors set up on the perimeter. I've always enjoyed the park. It has a huge waterfall and meandering "river" that flows into a large pond.

We take a picnic and some folding chairs for a free night of live entertainment.

I'll see lots of live music this summer - been to 4 events in the last week alone - but none of it will be outside. The weather tends to be too unpredictable to make an outdoor event an attractive prospect. Fabulous when the weather is good, of course, but ....

I love jazz music too. There's a Jazz Fest in Martin Park at the end of July. They also have music in the gazebo in the park behind my apartment bulding. Every Thursday night from 6-9 pm. I just open my windows, it's great.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

My town has live bands at a small park every Friday.
    I'm planning on attending a few!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

not a winning night....

first night of the columbus jazz and rib fest, i was not impressed with the musicians, there were problems with the sound and the ribs i bought were just average/mediocre. and yet we're going back tonight for another shot. anyone else going for a night out?