Thread: Stroll down Memory Lane - Flossie attempts some Tia classics!

Stroll down Memory Lane - Flossie attempts some Tia classics!

It has been a very, very long while since you got your Flossie fix, Pet Talkers! I can assure you I am now back for good so there will no longer be huge gaps between my visits.

Last weekend the weather was fine (couldn't be more different this weekend) so I had my camera out and thought it would be fun to take some pictures of Flossie in some of the poses I got Tia to do in the past. I thought it was a brilliant idea.

I gave up very quickly.

Flossie really is a menace at sitting still because she's just into everything. She gets distracted by shadows and butterflies. These pics are mainly for comic effect, to show how I used to have a very well-behaved, sweet rattie and somehow I've progressed to cheeky, ants-in-her-pants rattie!

Starting with my favourite picture of Tia. She looks so placid and beautiful and regal in this pose. This has to be a poster-perfect pic.

Flossie:

"No, I'm sitting HERE. Not in the middle. And you can put me there a thousand times and I'll still move and sit HERE."

Number 2: Tia in the sink. Look at that beautiful inquisitive face...See how she's so devoted and loving that she poses so wonderfully just to please her owner...

Flossie:

"Mum you need to change this soap it's getting really low..."

Number 3: Lovely, calm Tia, looking as if butter wouldn't melt, sitting beautifully and looking directly at the camera.

Flossie:

"Right, OK, own up. I cannot breathe with that stink!"

One more...

Zimbabwe 07/13

I remember taking this photograph when I'd had a bit of a bad day and Tia just completely cheered me up. I thought if she ever felt like she was being put down by people, then this is what she would have said. She was a loving girl but I'm sure had she been a human she'd have been very defiant and strong-minded and always would have fought on no matter what life threw at her, just as she did in her last few months with me.

I miss my girl a lot. She was the bravest being I know.
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    And Flossie?
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Yes, a human Flossie would be pretty and ditsy.

Hope that brightened up your day!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Gorgeous photos.

Dont worry flossie I think the blondness is a dumbo thing

Atleast we know both of your girls have one thing in common: both are gorgeous!

The first picture you posted is my favorite, too, of Tia. Like you said, it certainly is a poster-perfect pic. Then again, with a face as pretty as hers, most every picture of her is perfect.

Flossie has matured into a very pretty young lady and with time, I am sure she will master posing like a pro. Atleast, that is what I keep telling myself each time I try to take picture of any of my own rats. Haha.

Its nice to have you back, Zara!

Quote Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
    , I am sure she will master posing like a pro. Atleast, that is what I keep telling myself each time I try to take picture of any of my own rats. Haha.
    I'll keep believing if you will!

Thanks both of you!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Zara,

Beautiful pictures. I miss Tia too. So does Mr. Winkie. But Flossie will learn the tricks of the trade. Give her some time.

Glad you're back, Zara. I've missed you!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Your rats are utterly adorable!

I'm very fond of the 2 first photos, BEAUTIFUL!

I love rats, they are sooo cute.

That last one just cracked me up.

Niņo & Eliza

Thank you everyone!

Zimbabwe 07/13

well done for asking Flossie to pose - you must have a real patience.
    I don't think I can ask my hamster to pose even for a nice treat but a rat is probably a more cooperative rodent. I know she took slightly different poses in the end but hey just as great

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

Very cute thread Zara! Flossie, you are the cutest blonde around that's for sure? Love the soap is running low picture ;]