Thread: I need help!

Exclamation I need help!

I have a 9 1/2 year old rottweiler (Gypsy) and we used to be bestfriends when she was younger, but in the past year she has gotten to where she wants almost nothing to do with me. She'll growl at me when I sit by her, pet her, or if she comes to sit by me herself! She's perfectly fine with the rest of the family, except me. I don't think i've did anything to make her not like me anymore.

I don't get it at all.

I know she's getting old, but why is it me that she's angry with?

I don't want to have bad memories of her when she's gone, but I just get so frustrated with her sometimes that I don't care that much.

She's still super protective of me, but i'm kind of worried that might be fading, too.

Help?

How old is she?
    Does she have any history of medical problems?
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Gypsy is nine in a half years.

We think her back has been bothering her when she tries to climb on the couch, but other than that she's fine.

Her eyes may be getting cloudy, do you come up on her suddenly and maybe are startling her? I would continue to treat her normally, don't shy away or act nervous, but talk to her as you approach, in case her vision is declining.

Are there any new animals that you are interacting with that she might be jealous of or any other changes in the household?
    I've Been Frosted

Sudden aggression

We are just this moment discussing aggression in the 'deafblind'. The long short is that a dog losing sight might benefit from eliminating sight altogether (with doggles covered with tape) and creating ensuring environs.

I also think that any time a dog presents aggressin to the 'owner' the two legger, that correction needs to come now and sharply.

I am dealing with so many issues with deafblindPossum including full-blown aggression, and the way I 'speak' to her is wtih touch. A grab on scruff of neck as mama does teaches her tout-de-suite who the boss is.

Get a medical work up first and then let's explore the possible causations of her discomfort.

She may be challenging you, but whatever the cause, her outcome is not acceptable. Never.

You can grab scruff and tell her NO! If you lose your alpha , you will never get it back.

I will also tell you, pain will FLAT cause angriness (aggression, biting & etc) to the point where a dog on the side of the road, after being hit by a 3,000# vehicle will show aggression because of pain.

Get a workup and in the meantime, flex all legs, full body massage , see if you can find a pain trigger....