Thread: Good thoughts for Beatle please...

Good thoughts for Beatle please...

So last night I walked into the cat's room and noticed bright red blood in the litter box. Scooped the box and also saw some pee clumps with kind of a pinkish tinge. Neither cat is acting out of the ordinary.
    I saw Flea using the litter box and ran over, but he had covered it... but I didn't think I saw any blood.
    My boyfriend got home early and noticed Beatle seemed to really be straining to pee. He called the vet and they didn't have any appointments until Sunday. They suggested just coming in as a walk in (our vet is 24 hour) and told us after 8 would be the best time to try.
    So I took her in at 8 and we got in right away. The vet said her bladder felt small and took her into the back to try and get a sample. She came back and said Beatle didn't have enough in her to get a sample. She said that the bladder wall was very thick though and it should be thin, so there is definitely irritated.
    She gave me 3 options. I could leave her there for a couple hours and they would try again. They could send me home with some special litter for the box and see if I could get a sample for them. Or she could stay over night and they would try in the morning. I opted to leave her there for a couple hours and if that didn't work I would pick her up and take some of the special litter home. This of course means seperating her and Flea, but we'll deal with that if it comes to it.
    I could really use some good thoughts for Beatle. And for my boyfriend. Beatle is the first animal he owned all on his own. He adopted her right after he moved out when he was 18 and she means the world to him.
    Thanks. I'll update when I know more.

*Thanks Ashley*

Prayers for Beatle!

Oscar had a bladder infection once...even after a month on antibiotics, there was still blood in his urine...it did look scary.

Hopefully, some antibiotics and maybe a change in food will fix Beatle up just fine.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Poor Beatle. I'm so glad that you were able to take her to the vet so soon. Hopefully it's just a simple UTI that can be easily treated with antibiotics. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

My Puddy had a bladder infection a couple of months ago and an antibiotic fixed her right up plus a pain killer helps, too, to take the anxiety away. Good thoughts going out to Beatle and you and your boyfriend. Looking forward to a good report.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Picked her up at 11:00pm last night. They were able to get a small urine sample. They said it was full of blood. She has a basic UTI which suprised the vet as she said they're not really as common as an inflammation of the bladder, which is basically the same thing, but not caused by bacteria. They gave her a shot of long acting anti-biotics. Said it lasts 14 days in her system. They also gave her a dose of Metacam as an anti-inflamatory, and sent us home with 4 days worth of that. It is a liquid and they put it in individual dose syringes for us. I don't mind pilling cats, and she is a good kitty so I wasn't worried about that.
    Beatle thanks you for the good thoughts.

*Thanks Ashley*

How is Beatle today?
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Glad to hear it wasn't a blockage. Will send good thoughts Beatle's way ( Beatle is my Bean's nickname ).