Thread: Goodbye Gwen

Goodbye Gwen

Unfortunately we lost one of my sister's rescues yesterday, it was another brain damaged cavy that we had decided to take on. She seemed to be doing great and had a wonderful personality but within 24 hours she lost all body mass and had developed pneumonia. We were deciding when it would be the best time to let her go since she was still eating and drinking at that time but before we could even make the final decision, she decided for us. I could hear the breathing getting worse and got her out of the cage to take her down stairs so she wouldn't be alone and she didn't even really fight, which was her thing. I was going downstairs to call my sis at work but at this point I didn't see the need as she was already getting cold. Gwen fought a number of strikes that had mounted against her but this just proved to be too much for her little body. We'll miss her.

Sorry to hear of Gwen's passing.
    I had a rat with a similar neurological problem that passed away quite some time ago. Isn't is crazy how easy special needs animals find a way into our hearts? I miss my little rat each and every day.
    Thanks for helping Gwen as much as you could. I am sure you made her life alot better than what it would have been if she hadn't been in your life.