Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sassy

I know people understand but you still kind of feel isolated from the rest of the world, like no one can understand what pain you're going through. Honestly, before this I never understood the feeling of death when my friends talked about it. I always felt bad and stuff but whenever someone died in my family I was either too young to really understand or I didn't know them that well. Sunny was my first death and it was hard but not nearly as hard as Sas was. Sassy was probably the best thing that ever happened to me and now she's gone. I miss her so much.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    I know people understand but you still kind of feel isolated from the rest of the world, Sassy was probably the best thing that ever happened to me and now she's gone. I miss her so much.
    Of course you feel isolated, and of course you miss her - that's only natural. Everyone has to deal with loss in their own way - there is no instruction manual on this subject! In my 40+ years of adulthood (yes - I'm OLD enough to be your grandmother) I have lost numerous very precious dogs and cats - some lived a very long life and others not long enough. Every time was different but none the less heartbreaking and I found that I dealt with each loss differently. To this day, I still occassionally get misty-eyed when I think of them and the time we had together. Unfortunately - that time is never long enough! You will feel better even tho you don't think so right now. Just take your time and don't try to rush thru this process. And just remember that Sassy will ALWAYS be with you - she has her pawprint on your heart!
    Sparky and Myndi are sending you big doggie kisses
    Last edited by pomtzu; 01-23-2009 at 09:24 AM.

That Name Sassy

Well, I'm crying right now...hard to type. I know you wrote that a couple of months ago...but it is new for me. You expressed my feelings exactly when I lost my Missy. SO hard to let her go, but it was time. Now, I hope you are feeling somewhat better. I had to show you my new precious...named.......Sassy! I'm brand new on Pet Talk and had never read this before so this is purely coincidence: My Sassy is a baby bichon! Makes you wonder about reincarnation! Here she is:

Sassy is very cute, and I hope she has brought you happiness after your loss.

I feel better, and have been moving on. I will never completely move on but I'm healing..

My beautiful Jake died about the same time as your Sassy. It has been very difficult. I finally decided that since it didn't seem that I had made much progress in "grieving" (ie, I still sobbed when I look at his pictures and video, think about him every day, etc), I might as well just get another puppy and enjoy the happiness of that.

I don't think you ever "get over" the ones who have your heart, its a bit easier to get through the day, but you still think of them, love them, miss them with all your heart and soul. All you can do is find the ones you can love, and do the best for them that you can.

Jake's mom

Tommorow will be 3 months since you died. I still love you, wuppy. I hope you're having a great time at the RB baby, I can't wait to see you again.

Oh gosh, Alyssa, I had no idea Sassy had passed on. I am so sorry. I understand what you are going through with grieving. My childhood dog was absolutely my best friend growing up and his death was the most difficult thing I'd dealt with at the time, even though I'd lost family members before him. I hope it's getting easier for you, but if not now, someday, you'll be able to look back without being sad. I know now when I think of Buttons, I don't cry anymore, but it took me a while to get there. It's been almost four years now since he died and it's funny how some things still seem like just yesterday.

Tommorow will be SIX months exactly since you died. WOW, where did time go? It's hard to believe I writing this exact thread nearly 6 months ago, announcing your death. It's just...strange.

Sas, I don't want to say it, but I'm moving on now. I, of course, still miss you. I watch your memorial video every day. It's the least I can do for you since you gave me so much more. Moving on seemed so hard, but remembering the happy times, I never cry anymore. I haven't cried for you in nearly 2 months and I don't feel guilty about it anymore. I know I did the right thing for you, it took a story in a book to teach me that, but it's true. You're still the best wuppy in the entire world, everyone misses you and STILL loves you! We're going to volunteer at the SPCA to give our love to more animals. They will never replace you, ever. But, it'll help us a little more. As for you pup, you better be attacking all those Mr. Bears at the Rainbow Bridge for me I hope you are enjoying your NEW back legs and running and sitting on all the boogie boards in the pool. I especially hope you're getting all the goodies you ever wanted, just keep the weight off silly girl LOL.

Your loving mommy,
    Alyssa

I really didn't want to re-surface this but I can't help it. The pain just came back briefly. I was just reading through the thread announcing your death like 5 mins ago and I felt really bad because you had no clue, pup. Sometimes I can be anywhere and just think about that day, and the look you gave me in the car. It hurt so so much This isn't really the thing I wanted to post, I wanted to say your birthday is coming up, in exactly 10 days. You would have been 11. That's all, 11? It wasn't fair that this happened to you, you died WAY to young. I don't know why I'm getting all this out now, but I also wanted to thank the piece of Crap vet for NOTHING. First off, he didn't even say "I'm sorry" or anythign along those lines. He gave me a weird look when I left the room to go to the car. I can't believe how rude he was to you. All he had to say was "Her skin and teeth are terrible" and some other s*** I didn't even listen to. SO she had a few skin problems, she had allergies to alot of thngs. You don't say stuff like that to someone who's about to put their dog to sleep, ahole. I was really contemplating on sending him an e-mail after that day but decided not to. I don't know what prevented me from doing this, I'm usually so aggressive with rude A-holes.

Whatever, I didn't mean to bring venom like that into this thread, I just keep thinking about it all the time now that her birthday is getting closer. Maybe I'm still in denial..I don't know. I just feel I don't have anyone to talk to about it in my family because we all get upset over it when it's brought up. I'll make you one last birthday thread, I promise

Enjoy the holidays up there, Sas, even though you should still be down here.

Alyssa, it hurts for a long, long time. This first Christmas will be hard for you. I miss seeing your Sassy. Cherish your sweet memories of her. {hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Hey, Sassy. Today was Christmas, and to be honest I didn't think of you too much, but tommorrow well..it will be your 11th birthday or should I say would have been. You're missed more then you'll ever know wuppy! I think I'm gonna make you a birthday thread, one last time tonight.

Love
    mommy

It's been a whole year today since my little puppy was put to sleep. I don't even have words, Sassy. All I can say is I love you and I know now that you're having fun at the bridge with all your new friends and all the treats you could EVER want. Rest in peace, and I cannot believe it's been a year. You're still missed.

*hugs* Alyssa. Rest easy Sassy, you will be forever loved by your humans.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

(((((HUGS))))) To you Alyssa!!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

My heartfelt condolences, Sassy was one of the first dogs we "met" on PT. She'll always be with you.