Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: We may have a new addition to the household....

We may have a new addition to the household....

You heard it.

Possibly a 3rd dog to the Counts' household..

My brother WANTS to rescue this pit bull that the owner is giving away at work, for free- She is a 6 month old red-nosed pit bull. He wants a dog for the house he is moving in at Ohio State for the 2008-2009 academic school year.

Thought I'd let y'all know, what's going on.

Will update when I hear something.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I hope you guys get her, Rachel. I love Pitties. Keep us posted. Can't wait to see those pictures.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by CountryWolf07 View Post

My brother WANTS to rescue this pit bull that the owner is giving away at work, for free -

She is a 6 month old red-nosed pit bull.
    He wants a dog for the house he is moving in at Ohio State ...
    Just remember - Ohio State LAW is very biased against any of the Pit Bull breeds ...
    And MANY municipalities have 'no Pits allowed' laws on their books.

I'd check the local Cleveland area dog laws as well as the laws in the Columbus area
    to see how restrictive they are.

Well that mission failed.

Anna DID NOT like the pup at all. She was just growling the entire time, and she was trying to protect Rosie. The puppy kept chasing after Rosie, trying to play, I don't know, but I was paranoid. I pulled the puppy away every time she got on Rosie. Rosie was just SCARED out of her mind, and kept trying to hide. So... my brother was upset over it, and wanted to keep her safe from any "future" owner that may take advantage of the puppy and turn her into a machine, if you know what I mean.. So, he returned her and everything is all well at this household. Rosie is very happy and Anna is just content. This shows us that we can NEVER have a 3rd dog because of Anna.

Just had to update.

So, we don't have to worry about that ANYMORE. I'm actually happy because I did not want a pit bull in this house or have my brother own her. No offense, but I was nervous the entire time. I just didn't trust her for some reason, even only at 6 months old.

Mike was not happy about it, but he kept his mouth shut and he knew that my brother had no idea what he was doing, but my brother has a huge heart for dogs, and he was only TRYING to keep her away and allow her to have a good life. So.. it was worth a shot.

I did get two pictures of this girl:

dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I'm sorry it didn't work out, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.
    She certainly is a gorgeous little girl and I hope all works out well for her.

She had A LOT of energy... so it was interesting to have a "young baby" around the house for a day.. she is quite definitely hard to handle.. but I am SURE she will find a good home.. I have my fingers crossed.

I don't think it is meant to be to have a 3rd dog here ever.. again. Anna just did not like it at all, but then again, she may have been protecting Rosie from her. She definitely stood her ground every time she got close to Rosie. I felt so bad for her - Rosie ran to me every time, and hid behind me or went straight to my bedroom to stay up there.

She IS cute though, hopefully she'll be easier to find a good home for since she is so incredibly cute.

Niņo & Eliza

Let's hope so!

Aw, she reminds me of the 8 wk old red nosed pit I was caring for when I was attacked by the neighbor's dogs. Tons of energy and strong as an ox. But the cutest, most affectionate little thing.

I love pitbulls too, but I don't have the right personality to own one. It's best your brother opted out. The people I know who have pits, spent a lot of time training them and they're upstanding and outstanding dogs. I truly hope she finds a loving home.

I've been Boooo'd!

She's cute. sorry it didn't work out, just means it wasn't meant to be. I hope she finds the home of her dreams soon, I LOVE her!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

She's a very pretty girl, we'll keep paws crossed she'll find a home that is perfect for her. It really sounds like Anna & Rosie are quite content with just the two of them. I had a 3rd husky "guest" for 3 months, and having 3 is a world of difference from having 2. My little pack is quite happy with 2.

My little "pack" Cassie was happy with just one!!! She still doesn't like Boomer. He is just way, way, way too rambunctious for her!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

Yup.

My mom said that when Rosie jumped on the couch, the puppy jumped on the couch along with her, then ANNA jumped on the couch to get the puppy to get off and Rosie and Anna were left alone on the couch. I was surprised how she could be protective, and yet, she can be annoyed by Rosie.

I'm actually happy because I did not want a pit bull in this house or have my brother own her. No offense, but I was nervous the entire time. I just didn't trust her for some reason, even only at 6 months old.
    Maybe I'm the only one who took effence to this but give me a break..she's a puppy!
    Look how happy she is in the pictures as well, oh ya a real killer.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132 View Post
    Maybe I'm the only one who took effence to this but give me a break..she's a puppy!
    Look how happy she is in the pictures as well, oh ya a real killer.
    Again, this is why I said "no offense".. everyone is allowed to have their own opinion on any breed. Sorry. I say what I want to say. I am blunt.