Thread: Help Needed

Help Needed

: Hi,
    My neighbor has a male cat, around a year old or so.And he has a problem using the litter pan. He uses it for awhile, then he'll have a accident, it's not a every day thing.And it's mainly wih bathroom # 2 doings. She got him from a shelter & found out later that was why he was given up at the age of 6 months. It's not because of a dirty pan she changes it every day.And she really loves him & he gets along with her other cat.And she really doesn't want to have to take him back.
    He is such a sweet loving thing & her family just loves him to death.He'll have to be indoors only cause his former owners had him declawed. She doesn't have a computer, so I told her I"d see if anyone had any helpful suggestionson the problem. We both thank you for any help you can give her.

How many cats are in the household (two?) and how many litterpans are they using?

The rule of thumb that I've been told is one litterpan per cat PLUS one extra and try placing them all in different locations (mainly rooms where accidents frequently happen). Maybe he doesn't like sharing a box? Even if that isn't the "rule of thumb" most cat owners use (some have luck with two or three cats sharing one box; others refuse to share), buying an extra litter pan or two certainly can't hurt!

Has he been to the vet to clear up any medical reasons?

facebook

OT - how is Maverick?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    How many cats are in the household (two?) and how many litterpans are they using?

The rule of thumb that I've been told is one litterpan per cat PLUS one extra and try placing them all in different locations (mainly rooms where accidents frequently happen). Maybe he doesn't like sharing a box? Even if that isn't the "rule of thumb" most cat owners use (some have luck with two or three cats sharing one box; others refuse to share), buying an extra litter pan or two certainly can't hurt!

Has he been to the vet to clear up any medical reasons?
    There's two cats & 2 ltterpans. He doesn't do it everyday she said.And she has seen him use the litterpan.. I don't think he's been to the vet's. I"ll mention it to her.And I will tell her what you said.Thanks we both appreciate your elp with the problem.

Catty1 Maverick didn't care for the pill pockets. He ate 1 & that was it. I"ve been mixing the ground up pill in tuna fish. I'm taking him this week for a checkup. My 13 year old wasn't impressed with the pill pockets either.I checked the one pet store by me & they do carry the pll pocket. Which is good to know,Thanks for asking about Maverick,