Thread: Could somebody find a picture of this breed for me?

Could somebody find a picture of this breed for me?

I need a picture of a Saint Bernard / Greyhound cross, please. It's urgent.

Here is a picture of a greyhound/ saint cross (supposedly).
    http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...?petid=6962395

But keep in mind looks will vary greatly from mix to mix, since there is no set standard for crosses obviously. Just because this "grey/saint" mix looks like this, doesn't mean every one would.

Certainly not a mix you see everyday, i'm sure there are very few out there. Can I ask why it is so urgent? Just curious...and Welcome to Pet talk btw

Quote Originally Posted by Danegirl2208 View Post
    Here is a picture of a greyhound/ saint cross (supposedly).
    http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...?petid=6962395

But keep in mind looks will vary greatly from mix to mix, since there is no set standard for crosses obviously. Just because this "grey/saint" mix looks like this, doesn't mean every one would.

Certainly not a mix you see everyday, i'm sure there are very few out there. Can I ask why it is so urgent? Just curious...and Welcome to Pet talk btw

I have been searching the internet off and on all day looking for this mixture. This website has tons of mixes, but none of what you're looking for. Check it out: http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/hybriddogs.htm

Peace ~ Out
    Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by walkswithwolves View Post
    I have been searching the internet off and on all day looking for this mixture. This website has tons of mixes, but none of what you're looking for. Check it out: http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/hybriddogs.htm

Peace ~ Out
    Teresa
    Hey, I use that website ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked at Yorkies and I fell in love with them, And that is why I have Tanner!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Why the urgency? Why the strange cross?

I've been on dogbreedinfo before. I found the site very informative until they added that rediculous "hybrid" section. Some of the mixes they have on there are so rediculous. It's almost as if someone got a mixed breed puppy and decided to give it a cute "breed" name just to get their cute puppy pictures on this site. I stopped going to this site as often after they added this page. I have absolutely NO respect for people who push this "hybrid" thing.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Same with me. I actually don't like the site. If I want to find something out about a breed, the first thing I do is go to the breed's national club's site.

Niņo & Eliza

I'll take a wild guess that since it's a new poster and they specified 'urgent' that they had a Saint Bernard that got hooked up with a Greyhound and want to know if they will have pups cute enough to sell.

If I'm wrong then my appologies to the OP.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy View Post
    Same with me. I actually don't like the site. If I want to find something out about a breed, the first thing I do is go to the breed's national club's site.
    Ditto.

The info given about breeds on that site can be submitted by anyone (unless they've changed that policy) which makes me very leary of what is posted there. As far as I know, there is no verification process for the info they recieve.

I dunno, just makes me nervous.

I agree as well. The new "hybrid" dogs are becoming very popular, but not just as petshop pups being bought or on the interent being shipped, but they are being found in pounds a lot. We rescued a goldendoodle and a puggle last year...and that is when those so called "breeds" were somewhat new. It does sound like the dogs acccidently bred and that explains the urgency. Considering the person is new to PT and has not posted a reply yet, it makes sense. I too am sorry if I am wrong, but it just smells funny.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Quote Originally Posted by lute View Post
    I've been on dogbreedinfo before. I found the site very informative until they added that rediculous "hybrid" section. Some of the mixes they have on there are so rediculous. It's almost as if someone got a mixed breed puppy and decided to give it a cute "breed" name just to get their cute puppy pictures on this site. I stopped going to this site as often after they added this page. I have absolutely NO respect for people who push this "hybrid" thing.
    I agree. I haven't been on that site since then either.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien