Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: disabled Tortie, Chicago

1. Mila, the disabled kitty from Chicago-UPDATE

I DID e-mail Pat, once before I talked to Beka about Mila staying here, and once after. Its not my fault if the e-maila are out there floating around cyber space.

And to respond to the private message in my mailbox, BEKA AND I decided Mila would stay here WAY before any offers for free vet care came along. That wasnt a condition of her staying vs. not staying. The vet was just being generous when he offered the vet care. He also offered it for a blind kitty I have. He is just very compassionate, and has been my vet for over 12 years.

So, just to put everybodys minds at ease, please know I am not keeping her simply because her vet care is donated. She is well adjusted here and another move may actually harm her.

I'm so glad Mila has a furrever home - and that your CH kitty has a friend at last! That will do both of them so much good!

I hope when she gets settled you might post a pic or two and an update in Cat General?

Give both kitties a hug for me.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Let the rescue railroads proceed unimpeded and unafraid of their contacts

I run a rescue and railroad.
    We had a person adopt a transport outside of our own perview. She then EUTHD A DOG WHO did not get along with the handicapped newcomer.

To not deliver to the next person in the train is tantamount to theft.

I have fallen in love w/so many I foster and transport. My most memorable was a foster whose adoptive family told me the dress I put her in was almost a deal-braker. Told them I got a ton of dresses! And she was to come to me if their situation didn't work out.

WE ARE GIVING FOSTER AND RESCUE A HUGE BLACK EYE IF WE ARE UNRELIABLE.

If someone took an animal I rescued and was sending to furrever, you can bet I would be on your doorstep with a subpeona.

Rescue animals are in the amount of THOUSANDS daily. We cannot possibly check and divert. There are too many others who will die because of our inattention.

Jane, what you do saves lives every single day.
    This however is not your decision to make.
    Oh, but I would remove your name from my email list and caution the railroads.

DNR is an ugly thing and if I live to be one hundred, I pray I am NEVER a DNR.

Thank you for all that you do and leave furrevers to the rescuers.

The passion in this endeavor getting an animal to their SCHEDULED rescue trumps even the next breath you take. You must not realize this. It is EVERYTHING.

If I want to 'keep a dog' on the railroads, I will undergo every single criteria required, and I am here to tell you, there are HVs, refs, vet checks and the like. NILF.

Dont be a statistic, don't be a case study in how things can go wrong. Do the right thing.
    Last edited by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily; 07-01-2008 at 07:43 PM. Reason: caution in transport

Quote Originally Posted by janesfosterkitties View Post
    I DID e-mail Pat, once before I talked to Beka about Mila staying here, and once after. Its not my fault if the e-maila are out there floating around cyber space.
    Jane, I never got either of those e-mails. I got one just before you went to get her and then a couple more right after she arrived telling me how sweet she is and how she was doing after the long trip. Then there were a couple of others about the vet care matter. None of these said anything about you talking with Beka about Mila staying with you.

Well, I dont believe I ever said I couldnt afford the vet bills. I just resented that somebody had told Pat I was going to take her to the vet before turning her over. I NEVER said I couldnt afford it-read the thread again.
    Nobody told me you were going to take her to the vet. I just remembered seeing something about a vet consult for her, and I thought perhaps you OR WHOEVER ELSE lived around Lansing might be involved in arranging that since it's so close to MSU. That was why I asked you about it. I did NOT intend to imply that I expected you to take care of it and pay for it, which I've told you in messages in this forum thread and in PMs and e-mails after I realized my misunderstanding.

Mila is happy and thats ALL that matters.
    That is ALL that matters as far as I am concerned also. More than anything else, I want WHAT IS BEST FOR MILA to be done.

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Jane, I never got either of those e-mails. I got one just before you went to get her and then a couple more right after she arrived telling me how sweet she is and how she was doing after the long trip. Then there were a couple of others about the vet care matter. None of these said anything about you talking with Beka about Mila staying with you.

Nobody told me you were going to take her to the vet. I just remembered seeing something about a vet consult for her, and I thought perhaps you OR WHOEVER ELSE lived around Lansing might be involved in arranging that since it's so close to MSU. That was why I asked you about it. I did NOT intend to imply that I expected you to take care of it and pay for it, which I've told you in messages in this forum thread and in PMs and e-mails after I realized my misunderstanding.

That is ALL that matters as far as I am concerned also. More than anything else, I want WHAT IS BEST FOR MILA to be done.

Pat
    Mila's happiness and wellbeing is the most important thing but it isn't all that matters. When it comes to rescue and transport, several people are involved and need to be kept in the loop and informed at all times as to what is happening and if there is a change in the plans, everyone needs to know and a confirmation needs to be made before the next step is taken so that there are no misunderstandings. This is precisely why I stopped w/transport because just such misunderstandings would occur and then hurt feelings were the result. Pat, you made a most generous offer and, if you weren't properly informed and aware at all times as to what was happening, then you should be held blameless in all this. To say that all that matters is Mila's happiness is again generous on your part but arrogant and inconsiderate if anyone else should say so, IMO.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Mila's happiness and wellbeing is the most important thing but it isn't all that matters. When it comes to rescue and transport, several people are involved and need to be kept in the loop and informed at all times as to what is happening and if there is a change in the plans, everyone needs to know and a confirmation needs to be made before the next step is taken so that there are no misunderstandings. This is precisely why I stopped w/transport because just such misunderstandings would occur and then hurt feelings were the result. Pat, you made a most generous offer and, if you weren't properly informed and aware at all times as to what was happening, then you should be held blameless in all this. To say that all that matters is Mila's happiness is again generous on your part but arrogant and inconsiderate if anyone else should say so, IMO.
    Thank You Mary && you took the words right out of my mouth.. This is not the first one that has been botch & feelings hurt thru this other web-site.. Pat I am so so sorry that it did not work out.. Hey I am still going to send you all a Big Cheer Up Smile Box of Goodies from Taccoa to Elmer & the gang.. Now Lets All Smile & Be Ready For the Holiday..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Helene, I do want to let you know that it looks like Bob, the CH kitty, will be moving soon from Grand Rapids to Ann Arbor!

Now Elmer will have someone to exchange notes with!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Well, this is a cautionary 'tail' to say the least..

I belong to most national railroads, I belong to special needs cats & dogs railroads, and my own personal cause is the lethal white australian shepherd. Those needs are peculiar to the genetic defects, and I can tell you, our screening is very strict.

To say you will be a part of a rescue and then keep an animal going to furrever is beyond belief.

Those of us who are so specific in our defect adoptions would never tolerate unreliableness.

I am being asked at this moment what do do and how to caution on a transport.

My reply:

We are now all unreliable. Thousands upon thousands of drivers have suddently become not just unreliable, but potential 'enemies'. The repercussions are huge and I am just sick about this turn of events.

The rescue railroads were borne of the internet. Hitherto, thousands upon thousands of now rescuable critters were destroyed because the railroads cannot exist by snail mail. My mailbox is full daily of special needs rescues and transports.

If ANYone questions my reliability because of this, you can better bet I will be naming names, issues, corridors and the like.

I have been asked to cross the newest 'adopter' to the DNR and DNA lists. Won't do it, not my issues, I have no standing. But folks MUST realize the repurcussions. Huge and will cost lives.

I'm sorry for my genuine ignorance...but is it because of what happened with this one cat that thousands and thousands of drivers are "unreliable and potential enemies"?

What does "keep an animal going to furrever" mean?

I am not involved in rescue - please don't think I am being an idiot. I am genuinely uneducated in these matters.

Maybe a separate educational thread would be a good idea for those of us who might unwittingly do something harmful if faced with even a one-time rescue.

Thanks.

I am still ready to welcome Mila here.
    Death thought about it.

I have received a little more info.

If I read this right, Jane - by keeping one cat instead of forwarding it to the proper person - has jeopardized the rescue and safety of many many others.

If so, NICE going, Jane (NOT).

Perhaps, Jane, in your defense, you could forward those previous emails to Pat - they would still have the date on them. They'd be in your sent folder, right?

Oh, of course, you DELETE your sent folder every day (yes, I am being sarcastic).

End of rant.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I am still ready to welcome Mila here.
    I know you are Pat.. Your so so Sweet && always with Open Arms & have a Heart of Gold.. But like others have said Jane & another member of the other web site have pretty much ruined the trust we could have ever had for rescues.. Its called by nicley saying "Selective Hearing".. Bigg Huggss Pat..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

And a link to this thread has been plastered in about 4 - 5 places on that website.

I LOVE the website, but am angry at the two rotten apples, and feel people there should know what had transpired.

Pat was treated most unfairly. I'm just sorry I didn't understand this situation sooner.