Thread: Shadow

Shadow

Shadow - what a wonderful name for a wonderful girl! You certainly landed on your paws in your new home and I am glad that you found the way to your owner's heart!

There are many homeless and abandoned kitties who have read Paul Gallico's "The Silent Miaow" and I am sure you were one of them. You have followed the instructions in that book to a T. And now you have a lovely home with Sandy and Willie and Sadie.

Congrats on being our special COTD, sweet Shadow!

Angel, Puddy and Tinkerbell

Being an inside cat is the way to go, Shadow, and you seem to have adapted very well. So nice to know that you're safe and sound and w/a family that clearly loves you so much. Enjoy your day as COTD.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Shadow

Thank goodness Sandy has made you an indoor kitty; you'll be much safer, healthier and happier that way. Again, some nasty, cruel "person" (they don't even deserve to be called that) threw a defenseless kitten out into the world to fend for themselves. Good thing Sandy has some curious grandkids, and good thing Shadow wasn't a feral kitten, or things could have turned out so much worse. Shadow, enjoy your special day today.

glad you found your forever home

To Shadow,
    Congrats on a relationship that will only grow richer through the years. I recently became the new caregiver (with a cat, it's never an owner) of my nephew's two cats-Runt and Charles. My nephew is going through a rough patch and is joining the Army, so needed a home for his babies. I will love them just as much as my current charge, Taz, who was herself a shelter kitty.
    So, good luck and good health in all your nine lives,
    Anna in IL

Just look at the cutie in the paper bag! Shadow, you have a wonderful story about finding your forever home, and it sounds like everyone is happy!

Congratulations on COTD! Enjoyl ots of extra treats and luvvins today!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Shadow how lovely you are!!!

My black cat, Chester is very happy you are the COTD today!!! He loves it when an ebony cousin is honored!!!

We hope you are being spoiled rotten today!!! You deserve it!!!

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shadow

In 1996, when I was newly separated and living alone, I was visited by a stray cat, about 6 months old, all-black except for a tiny white ring around her neck. She came to my door, called to be let in, and then proceeded to investigate every corner of my little apartment, talking to me all the time; then, apparently satisfied with her inspection, she climbed in my lap, curled up and went to sleep. I had been adopted. Just like that. I named her Shadow- partly due to her color, partly because she WAS my shadow, she stayed with me and talked to me all the time. She saw me through the roughest part of my life and was an INCREDIBLE friend, companion and support system for me. If I was feeling down, she'd come and wash my elbow or whirr at me or bring a toy to play with or something, to get me to pay attention to her and cheer up. She literally saved my life.

Sadly, Shadow passed away from a massive lymphoma at only age 5- I still miss her. She had a good life, but one that was WAY too short. But it's wonderful to see another Shadow, finding herself a forever home and loving her human parent in the same way.

CONGRATS to Shadow as COTD! Keep saving humans, it's a wonderful thing for black Shadow-cats to do!

Greetings precious Shadow, and a very happy Cat of the Day to you!!! Awww...look what Mom Sandy picked up at the market! hehe What an adorable photo I so enjoyed reading your heartwarming and most entertaining autobiography, Shadow! I cringe at the thought of you being abandoned so cruelly, but blessedly you found your way "home!" And you most certainly have great taste in your selection of humans And you even have to canine pup pals to complete the pack! How neat is that! Sometimes life truly does surprise us and poof, out of "nowhere," in walks love! That would be you, sweet Shadow...pure love! Congratulations to you on your much deserved day celebre, Shadow!!! I hope you and mom Sandy, and entire furry crew, are all enjoying an extra special, fun and love filled day! Hugs and smoochies to you and the pups, too!------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To Bowlkat, my heartfelt sympathies on the loss of your beloved best friend, your soul mate, your heart healer, your life saver No doubt it was more than mere serendipity that brought her to your doorstep that fateful day. Hang on to the cherished memories of your beautiful best friend until your happy day of reunion. (((HUGS)))

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

AND MY TUBSTER PANTHERS SMILING BECAUSE THERES ANOTHER VERY LUCKY BLACK CAT , SHADOW OUT THERE , AND ONE THAT HAS FOUND HER PLACE IN THE SUN TOO.
    AND AS THE OTHER PET TALKERS HAVE SIAD YOU ARE SUCH A LUCKY CAT TO FIND SUCH A GOOD HOME, AND LOVING GUARDIANS, SOMETHING THATS NOT ALL THAT EASY IN A WORLD WITH SO MANY PETS LOOKING FOR SANCTUARY.
    THE LUCKY FOUND CATS ALL SEND THREE CHEERS TO SUPER SHADOW AND AN EBONY MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW FOR OUR SLEEKEST AND NEWEST CAT OF THE DAY
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Please keep your cats indoors

I jumped a little when I saw the Cat of the Day - beautiful Shadow. She looked like my "gone but never forgotten" male furry friend Shadow, who passed at 16 years old. Thank goodness Shadow found a loving home and is now safe and sound. I agree with the other catlovers who have said it is better to keep cats indoors. WE domesticated them (and many are now declawed, therefore have no defense). We don't let our dogs out without being on a leash, not just because it is the law, but also to protect them from harm. The numbers of cats who are killed each year, whether by cars, poison from non-catloving people, abusers, animal predators, and other unacceptable acts of cruelty - it is no longer an act of love to let them out to fend for themselves. It's just not safe anymore. It doesn't take long for a cat to get used to being indoors, and as long as they have windows to look outside, or a balcony with no danger of falling from it - they will live a longer, healthier life, that's a fact.

FYI - did you know that in most places if an animal is seen running loose, including cats and dogs, they are considered to be strays AND there are NO LAWS protecting them. People can harm them at will and will not pay any price whatsoever (see law S-203). And it happens, often. PLEASE get involved to change this - write to your local politicians and demand justice for our beloved furry friends who do not have the voice to stand up for themselves and are counting on us. If you love animals as much as I do, you are sick and tired of hearing the horrific acts perpetrated on these defenseless creatures by sick "inhuman" beings who we unfortunately share the Earth with. Our taxes pay their salaries (the politicians) so we have a right to INSIST that they represent US.

Thanks.
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Shadow what a sweetie you are! Sounds like you are what everyone wants in a kitty!! I love your sweet face and piercing yellow eyes!
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka