Thread: Rhodesian Ridgeback/Pitbull puppies

Rhodesian Ridgeback/Pitbull puppies

I'm a little hesitant to post anything about these puppies, b/c so many people are so quick to jump down the throats of anyone whose dog got pregnant. Here's the story. My younger brother has a full bred blue pit. His roommate has a full blooded rhodesian ridgeback, and they mated. Both my mom and I did not agree with her not being fixed, however, it has been done and now we are looking for homes. So please do not jump down my throat, it was not my doing! My mom took daisy the week before she gave birth and has had the puppie since they were born.

Daisy had 12 puppies, all of which are doing extremely well. Our dogs are treated like royalty at my parents' house. We have taken very good care of them (and some are even getting a little spoiled) They are 8 weeks tomorrow (6/10/08) They had their first vet visit, received their first series of shots and were de-wormed. Each of them has their own fun and unique personality. They are very sweet, and absolutely adorable. They love to play in the baby pool and with all their toys. I have TONS of pics, but I'm not sure how to post them on here.

If you are interested in one of them please let me know. My email address is [email protected]

Please get the parents and the pups fixed especially the pups before they go to their new homes. I bet they are adorable.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

You didn't mention where you are from, which would help! Also, to post pictures, see Phred's tutorial here!
    I've Been Frosted

You may also want to check with the Ridgeback folks for help finding good homes. They won't be happy with the situation, but will appreciate the fact that you are making an effort to find the pups good homes.
    http://www.rrus.org and http://www.ridgebackrescue.org

They also have a great forum for RR owners, you might also try posting there.
    When I first adopted Rusty our RR/Lab mix, they where a great help. Rusty was a bit of a problem child in the early years and they were always there to help.

I'm sure the Pitt folks also have some strong support groups you may wish to check into.

I'm sure you know that you have two breeds there that aren't for the average dog owner. You NEED to screen any possible adopters to make sure they understand what will be required to raise and own one of these pups. Other wise they could easily end up at the local animal shelter's euthanasia table with in the next year or so.

Please post the location (at least which state) the pups are located.

Good luck

No one is going to jump you. Most of the time some of us react when people breed simply to breed. This was an accident. Accidents happen. Right now you have the difficult task of finding loving forever homes for this many puppies!

Both the Ridgeback and Pitty are on BSL lists. They both have a stubborn streak in them. A lot of people will jump at this unique mix. Please take the time to place the pups in proper homes who will get them spayed/neutered. If you feel you cannot place all of these puppies in proper homes contact a rescue. They will be able to place them into homes. Being spayed/neutered before going to their new homes.

By the way, I'm sure we'd love to see some pics! Having a ridgeback mix myself, I'd love to see em!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I'm so happy to say that the puppies are 10 weeks and we only have 2 left. We screened the homes to the best of our ability, and I am very confidant that each of the puppies was placed in a very loving home. I even email back and forth with some of their new mom's. Here are some pictures like many of you asked. They were such amazing puppies, so playful and loving and soooo smart! The hardest part was watching them leave.

Are either the parents or the puppies fixed, yet? Did you make the puppy parents sign a contract or at least verbally agree to alter their dogs?

They are cute, but I really hope there's no more procreation!

Quote Originally Posted by Giselle View Post
    Are either the parents or the puppies fixed, yet? Did you make the puppy parents sign a contract or at least verbally agree to alter their dogs?

They are cute, but I really hope there's no more procreation!

YES- did you?

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

OH MY GOSHY!!! Are those ridges I see on the puppies in the first picture? They are adorable!

Congrats on finding them homes. I just really hope the new owners get them spayed/neutered when it's time.

The puppies are precious. : ) They're very lucky that you took them in.

I totally agree with Giselle... please, please make sure ALL of them are spayed and neutered by 6 months old! E-mail each of the owners asking that they pay the Vet in advance, and have a date set, and show you proof of that. And please get their parents altered, as well.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

So how are the puppies doing at their new homes?? Are you keeping the other two, or are you going to find homes for them, as well?

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Honestly, I didn't know I could require the new owners to get their puppy fixed. Who am I to tell them what to do once it's theirs? So, I may have messed up there. like I said before, this has never happened to us before. I do know that 5 of them are getting fixed for sure. I'm not saying the others aren't, I just don't know either way. Plus, we are getting the mother fixed. I don't know about the father, he's not ours.
    We did tell people that if for any reason they realized they could not keep the puppy they could return it to us and we would take the responsibilty of finding a new home.
    The puppies are doing very well at their new homes, from what I hear most of them are in charge of the house now. I've gotten some pictures and one of them is even on vacation in the mountains right now.
    My parents are keeping one, and I didn't count her when I said there were two left. We are still looking for homes for those two. But we will end up keeping them in the family before they go to a home we're not comfortable with.

The puppies came from YOUR dog! You have every say in the world about the new owners getting them spayed/neutered! It's not rude or mean of you to tell them they must have it done. I just hope the new homes are responsible enough to have this done.

my dog[pitbull] just had 3 out of 7 ridgebacks.can a female have pups by 2 dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Skippyjr2 View Post
    I'm a little hesitant to post anything about these puppies, b/c so many people are so quick to jump down the throats of anyone whose dog got pregnant. Here's the story. My younger brother has a full bred blue pit. His roommate has a full blooded rhodesian ridgeback, and they mated. Both my mom and I did not agree with her not being fixed, however, it has been done and now we are looking for homes. So please do not jump down my throat, it was not my doing! My mom took daisy the week before she gave birth and has had the puppie since they were born.

Daisy had 12 puppies, all of which are doing extremely well. Our dogs are treated like royalty at my parents' house. We have taken very good care of them (and some are even getting a little spoiled) They are 8 weeks tomorrow (6/10/08) They had their first vet visit, received their first series of shots and were de-wormed. Each of them has their own fun and unique personality. They are very sweet, and absolutely adorable. They love to play in the baby pool and with all their toys. I have TONS of pics, but I'm not sure how to post them on here.

If you are interested in one of them please let me know. My email address is [email protected]
    they look so nice. i like them.