Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help save Sydney's life!

We haven't forgotten about Sydney or you, Kat, and we pray for you both all the time. We're hopeful that this time off from her next chemo treatment will be pleasant and enjoyable. You're doing such a great job at momming.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Glad to hear that Sydney continues to do well. I'm glad the vet gave her an injection for the iron so she'll have more energy.

Big hugs and gentle pets for Sydney (and big hugs to you too!)

Just sent my donation.

How's our girl doing?

How are YOU?

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

After Sydney's treatment on Monday, she was not doing poorly, although I could tell that she was not doing well. Tuesday and Wednesday where two very hard days for us. I couldn't get her to eat, anything. She had started to refuse to eat the pill pockets, because she has figured out that we put a pill in them. Even when we grind the pill and put it into it, she still refuses. She just laid around all day on Wednesday, she wouldn't even go outside which is her favorite thing in the world to do. I had been given her pain medicine because I felt that she wasn't feeling well and I had to give her an anti-nausea medicine as well. Thursday she thankfully perked up and made me feel a lot better. She was walking around and feeling better - plus she is eating a little bit better as well. I am taking her in on Monday to have her blood checked - hopefully her CBC levels will be back into the normal level. My little princess is holding on in there.

Catty1 I wanted to thank you so much for the generous donation - it is so greatly appreciated. That is truly going to help a whole bunch. I wish I could show just how much I have appreciated your help other than words, you have truly helped a great deal. You are so wonderful and Sydney is so thankful as well. Thank you!
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

There are so many of us here praying for you and Sydney, sending good thoughts and funds when we can.

You DO realize that she is PT's kitty now?

Glad to hear she is perking up!

Poor little thing... I know how chemo can ravage a human body, and we know what is going on. Sydney must feel crappy and confused, but I'm glad she's feeling somewhat better! I hope that the few extra days of rest between chemo treatments will help her rebound so she feels better before the next one.

Big gentle hugs, Sydney dear, and to your meowmy too!

I'm so sorry to hear that she had a few very rough days but I'm glad that now she's doing much better. She continues to remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Last night, the weirdest thing happened with Sydney. I was in the kitchen talking on the phone, when she ran up to me and started yelling at me. This meowing was much louder and much more intense than her usual "feed me" meow. My other cat Charlie came to check out what was going on, and Sydney ran up to him and hit him in the face and then preceded to chase after him around the house. I dropped the phone and my sister and I preceded to chase the two of them yelling at Sydney to stop trying to attack him. I managed to catch up to her and grad her before continuing to attack poor charlie. Charlie is the most unaggressive cat ever - he was rescued from an abusive home and he has never been able to shake his skiddishness. He is afraid of plastic bags and brooms and hides for hours if anyone unknown comes into his territory. I just don't get why Sydney attacked him. The only thing I can think of is, she wasn't feeling well and was overcompensating by attacking so she wasn't pegged as the "weak" link. After all she is the alpha queen. I just wanted to share this strange story with you guys - it was so weird. I am wondering if I should segregate them when I am out, because I don't want her to attack him when I am not at home. She hasn't done anything since the incident, it was just strange. Also, Sydney got her blood tests done today and the vet said that she was amazed that she is doing so well - the vet said that her blood work has consistently improved and that she is doing amazingly. Just thought I would share the good news, since Sydney is a PT kitty!
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

Great news about the blood tests.

About the attack, could it ne the opposite?? that Sydney feels so GOOD that she needed to assert her authority?? Did she ever pick on Charlie before she was sick?

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach View Post
    Great news about the blood tests.

About the attack, could it ne the opposite?? that Sydney feels so GOOD that she needed to assert her authority?? Did she ever pick on Charlie before she was sick?
    That's what I was thinking.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

"MOM, come watch me! I feel so good that I am gonna chase Charlie ALL OVER THE HOUSE!"

Poor Charlie - I know he would be scared - but was she growling, had airplane ears? Were there signs that she really was angry and about to attack?

Great news on the blood work.

Hmmm, I wonder if Charlie may have started it in another room and she came to tell you about it and then she took off after him to let him know she'd had enough? In any case, it sure sounds like a good sign that her energy level is up and that she might be feeling better.
    If there is another spat, I would consider keeping them in different rooms when you are not there as she sure doesn't need anything else on her plate to deal with such as wounds from fighting. And then they could 'be with each other' when you're around? But who knows, maybe it was a one time thing.
    Glad to hear that she is so full of beans!

I can tell you she was definitley not playing. Her ears where back and she was actively trying to attack him (I guess lucky for Charlie she has few teeth and no front claws). Charlie is the most submissive cat ever, I am pretty sure that he has never even tried to pick a fight with Sydney because he knows that she will kick his but. She has attacked him twice before, but it was because I ran after Charlie because he went outside to where my feral cat lives (who would definitley tear him to shreads). After chasing him back into the house, I really feel that Sydney thought he hurt me, because she ran in front of me and preceded to "protect" me. She is so cute when she sees that I have gotten angry, because she will place herself between me and the person I may be raising my voice at and she will precede to scream at us to stop. If you don't stop, she will give you a warning nibble in the calf that she doesnt like fighting. She is the best mediator ever! Back to this incident, I was just talking in normal tone on the phone - no yelling or anything. Maybe you guys are right and she was just letting me know that she is still the queen...
    Sincerely,
    Kat

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

Quote Originally Posted by kittykatharine View Post
    I can tell you she was definitley not playing. Her ears where back and she was actively trying to attack him (I guess lucky for Charlie she has few teeth and no front claws). Charlie is the most submissive cat ever, I am pretty sure that he has never even tried to pick a fight with Sydney because he knows that she will kick his but. She has attacked him twice before, but it was because I ran after Charlie because he went outside to where my feral cat lives (who would definitley tear him to shreads). After chasing him back into the house, I really feel that Sydney thought he hurt me, because she ran in front of me and preceded to "protect" me. She is so cute when she sees that I have gotten angry, because she will place herself between me and the person I may be raising my voice at and she will precede to scream at us to stop. If you don't stop, she will give you a warning nibble in the calf that she doesnt like fighting. She is the best mediator ever! Back to this incident, I was just talking in normal tone on the phone - no yelling or anything. Maybe you guys are right and she was just letting me know that she is still the queen...
    I wonder if Sydney saw any of your other cats having a spat and took it out on Charlie? Your post above made me think about how my cat George will attack ANYONE in the vicinity, including me, if there is a fight going on between other cats. He doesn't seem to care 'who' started it but he feels the need to get involved and beat someone up. Even if he hears a neighbours cat in the middle of the night screeching! If that happens, I have to jump out of bed, race into his room because I know he will be all 'fluffed' up because of the cat sounds he's heard and will ultimately take it out on one of the other cats.
    Do you think some of your other cats could have had a fight in another room while you were on the phone?

Boy -- these cats of yours won't ever let you have a boring day, will they?

On one hand, I feel kind of sorry for Charlie (who looks JUST like my Zorro) -- but on the other hand, it is SO great to know that Sydney is feeling up to running around and attempting to kick some butt!

I think that keeping them apart when you're not around, at least until you've seen that they're back on "regular" terms for a while, is probably a good idea. You will probably never know what started the ruckus to begin with, but it's worth making sure that it was a one-time event and not part of a developing pattern of behavior.

Great news about Sydney's blood work -- she remains in our thoughts and prayers, as you certainly do as well!

Hugs,
    Diana