Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help save Sydney's life!

kittykatharine,

You did NOT fail. You have done everything for that precious furbaby. I'd speak up and demand that the vet eat the cost of the other 7 weeks. It was THEIR mistake, not yours.

You and Syndney will be in my thoughts and prayers. You are a true angel and have earned your wings. Congratulations.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Kitty Katherine,

Hang in there and keep the faith. I am so sorry that you and Sydney are having such a rough time. God is there listening to all of us Pet Talkers praying to him and he is hearing us.

I will try and send some more in two weeks when I get paid. It may not be much, but it all adds up.

Prayers and blessing to you both.

Kittykatherine, failure is a word that definitely does not apply here. You've tried everything you can think of to help Sydney, so don't be so hard on yourself. Remember that "love never fails". People often think that scripture means "love always wins" but another way to look at it is that "love never gives up". (When we say that someone died of heart failure, it means that the heart failed, or "gave up".) You have not given up; you're still trying and you will continue to try for Sydney to make his life as comfortable as possible. You're doing a wonderful thing and Sydney knows it, too.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I just thought I would share some pics of my baby Sydney after all the testing procedures:

My beautiful baby is holding on, despite all the poking, shaving, etc. She thanks everyone for being so kind!

Awww! Those are so sweet. Thanks for sharing them! Please give her hugs and rubs from me!

Oh my, look at that beautiful, special girl. Hang on Sydney!

Oh what a jewel she is!
    Blessings,
    Mary

Such a sweet face, after all the testing and stuff!

I hope the prednisone kicks in soon, and major PT Prayers going out to you and her for the first chemo treatment tomorrow.

HUGS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh Sydney is so beautiful. Head bumps, purrs and scritches from the Dunn gang. We will keep the prayers going up.

Newest problem to develop. I was supposed to take Sydney to the vet this morning for her first chemo treatment. I called before hand to see if she could be fed and given her medication(Prednisone). The tech was not sure, so she said she would call the vet and ask and call me right back. Five minutes later, she calls back and says, "i have some good news and some bad news". "The good news is that they can still do the chemo (i was thinking was there ever an issue that you couldnt do the chemo?), the bad news is, the pharmacy sent over the wrong dosage of drugs, so we cant start the chemo untill Friday". I was again very upset by this. The tech then had the nerve to say, "a few days wont make much of a difference". I had to stop her and say, "she has had a tumor growing on her face for THREE WEEKS!". The cancer probably spread to her kidneys while we were being thrown through rings of fires with testing and mistakes and traveling back and forth and waiting for results. I have spent $2000, just to be told how to treat her, and once again I have no treatment!!!!! I asked if I could pick it up and bring it over, and they said because of the type of drug it cant be delivered like that. Meanwhile, Sydney is getting worse - I had to give her another pain injection because I could tell me little baby wasnt feeling well. The tumor is making her teeth and mouth sore, so eating has become difficult as well. I just want my baby girl to be comfortable, it is so hard being her mommy and watching her suffer like she is. She comes to me for comfort and I cant help her because of these incompetent, heartless people. Has anyone ever put their cat to sleep before? Do they know what is happening? Do they just go to sleep? This may be my only option soon and I need to know more about it. Thank you.

You must be so frustrated!!!
    I hope that all will get back on track on Friday and that the chemo will make a difference.
    If you find that you do have to put her to sleep, I can tell you how it has been for my cats. I've had to put down quite a few over the last 15-20 years, as I'm sure many of the PT'rs here have. Most of my cats were very old at the time. I've been fortunate to have the vet come to my home on some occasions and it sounds like this would be available to you as well? This is much more peaceful I think for both the owner and the pet.
    I have always asked that a sedative be given (by injection) prior to them being put down. Within 5-10 minutes they become very drowsy and during this time I cuddle with them. When they are almost asleep, the doctor shaves their arm and gives them the final injection. It takes only seconds.
    It is still very hard, very emotional and it takes awhile to get over it.
    Please know that if you decide to do this, we're here for you.

On a brighter note... I pray that the chemo does it's job and that Sydney has an amazing future with you! Don't give up hope.

I am so sorry to hear of the pain and trouble that you are going through. We have lost babies out of respect to their pain and problems. It is never easy. Ginger had arthritis so bad that she could not use her hind legs. After watching her suffer we had no choice but to let her go. Four months later Missy through a clot that destroyed her rear nerves. 2 months later Patches realized that her sister Ginger was gone and just stopped eating. When a 6 lb. cat goes to 4 lbs. in two weeks there is no choice. Yes I’m crying as I write this even though they have been gone for over 6 years. But sometimes you have to love enough too let go. As I said it is never easy and as long as you have a memory they are always with you.
    Our vet uses a sedative that lets them go to sleep, then the final injection is given. We have been with each of ours at passing.
    GILL & Crew;

Should the time come when you have to help Sydney to the Bridge, please know that it's painless and quick and you can be right there w/her, holding her, soothing her and giving her the love that she has given you. It's the last act of kindness that we can do for our beloved pets. Unfortunately, I've had to do it several times through the years w/both dogs and cats and it isn't easy but then, it isn't about us, it's about helping our fur friend out of pain and suffering. God bless you for all that you're doing and have done for Sydney but never give up hope. I know that it's frustrating w/all that you're experiencing but things just may turn around. Know that we're all here for you, no matter what course you decide to take. (((HUGS)))
    Blessings,
    Mary

KK - How frustrating and painful and maddening for you! And poor Sydney.

Please call back and see if Sydney at least can get a pain injection or patch; maybe a shot of pred as well...

Tell the vet how uncomfy she is.

Also...you might try syringe feeding - mixing A/D food with warm water and gently syringing it in...the vet would have a syringe.

It's darkest before the dawn, hon....PT Prayers flying to you.

{{{hugs}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Has anyone ever put their cat to sleep before? Do they know what is happening? Do they just go to sleep? This may be my only option soon and I need to know more about it. Thank you.

We have had to do this several times over the years. It is never easy, but I truly feel it is worse for the ones left behind. We were always with ours; as others have said, the pet is sedated and then put to sleep.