Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any idea what type of kitty this is?

Any idea what type of kitty this is?

she's about 2 months old, i don't know what type of cats her parents were. she's a creamy white, gray tail, ears, and feet. She has some light brown banding, I don't know if it's going to get darker when she gets older.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y43...t=100_0856.jpg

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y43...t=100_0802.jpg

Thanks for the help!

She sure is a cutie pie and she looks like a Lynx Point Siamese mix to me which is what my Pearl is. Lynx Point means that she has tabby markings on her face, legs, and tail and she'll most likely get darker and the tabby stripes will start showing more.

Here's what my Pearl looked like as a kitten:

This is what she looks like today:

I immediately thought of your lynx-point girl! It will certainly be interesting, ranita, to see how your kitten's markings change as she grows!
    I've Been Frosted

thanks!!! i think you may be right. her name is ziggy
    you have a beautiful pet there!

Quote Originally Posted by ranita View Post
    thanks!!! i think you may be right. her name is ziggy
    you have a beautiful pet there!
    I have a Ziggy too. Her full name is Ziggy Stardust because she has two different colored eyes.

I forgot to say "Welcome to PT!!!". I'm sure you'll love it here.

I am in LOVE with Pearl!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Welcome to Pet Talk & enjoy all the talks & pics..

Also your baby is so Adorable.. Her markings will get darker with age..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    I am in LOVE with Pearl!!!
    Awwww!!! Thanks Donna. She quite a handful though.

Oh my goodness, what a darling little girl Ziggy is. Welcome to Pet Talk and we love photos so I hope you will show us more as she grows up.

Tracey - Pearl is absolutely beautiful!!

Nellie

Ziggy and Pearl are truly stunning! I have always thought my kitty, Nellie (Cat of the Day May 1st, 2008) was a Lynx Point Siamese. Isn't she, even though her coloring seems to be a bit darker than most Lynx Point Siamese I have seen? She has a few light brown spots throughout her coat and on her chest, too-do Lynx Points have this? Thanks for all of your help!
    Catloverforever and Her Two Kitties; Nellie and Reggie White
    P.S. How do you include pictures in your message? Just wondering! Thanks for all of your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1478.JPG 
Views:	296 
Size:	876.8 KB 
ID:	39474   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1465.JPG 
Views:	281 
Size:	617.5 KB 
ID:	39475   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4448.JPG 
Views:	305 
Size:	736.5 KB 
ID:	39476  
    Last edited by catloverforever; 06-10-2008 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catloverforever View Post
    Ziggy and Pearl are truly stunning! I have always thought my kitty, Nellie (Cat of the Day May 1st, 2008) was a Lynx Point Siamese. Isn't she, even though her coloring seems to be a bit darker than most Lynx Point Siamese I have seen? She has a few light brown spots throughout her coat and on her chest, too-do Lynx Points have this? Thanks for all of your help!
    Catloverforever and Her Two Kitties; Nellie and Reggie White
    P.S. How do you include pictures in your message? Just wondering! Thanks for all of your help.
    Thank you. Yes, your Nellie is definitely a Lynx Point Siamese. It doesn't matter how dark she is but that her points are tabby points which is what lynx point means. She sure is a gorgeous girl. Is she a talker? My Pearl sure is and can chat up a storm. She even says mama.

To post pictures in your message, you first have to upload your pictures to another website like http://photobucket.com/ and then copy and paste the IMG Code in your post. You first need to set up an account with them which is free. Good luck.

Thank You, krazyaboutkatz

Thank you, krazyaboutkatz, for confirming Nellie's breed as Lynx Point Siamese! I just wondered, since she has so many spots, if she is not a snow bengal, or a seal lynx point bengal. She isn't, though, is she? She is a Lynx Point Siamese as was decided, correct? You are very welcome for the comment about Pearl. That is very cute that she can say, "Mama." Nellie does not talk that much, however, she does talk ALOT when she wants something, as all kitties do. For example, when she wants to play fetch with her ball she will meow LOUD meows, when she wants to go outside, LOUD meows, and when she is on her way to the vet, LOUD meows. Although I don't think she meows as much as a typical Siamese, she meows persistently and LOUDLY when she wants something. Very LOUDLY. She has a Siamese meow, it seems. Well, thanks for all of your help! Wishing you and Pearl and your other lovely kitties a purrfect day!
    Thank You,
    Catloverforever and My Two Kitties: Nellie and Reggie White
    P.S. Thanks for explaining to me how to put pictures into my messages-I'll definitely try doing that sometime soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1478.JPG 
Views:	187 
Size:	876.8 KB 
ID:	39486   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1480.JPG 
Views:	170 
Size:	653.1 KB 
ID:	39487  

Whatever type it is it is surely beautiful and such a sweet face.

The funny thing about kittens and cats you must remember is that cats are so mingled that people often mistake markings as a "breed". Not to say she doesn't look IDENTICAL to the cats posted in this thread, my hunch says she may be similar. But at such a young age in any animal, especially one suspected to be mixed, it's just sooo hard to tell until they get older and mature physically because features present now may not be present as they get older, and vice-versa.

In any case, she is BEAUTIFUL!!!

facebook

HEY! I know the breed, cute and lovable.
    GILL & Crew;