Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sassy

Sassy

I can't hide this anymore. Sassy's time is running out. I couldn't wait to start a memorial thread because I need to get this out. Sassy is going to the RB this week or next week, hopefully this week. There is nothing more that can be done. We've tried acupuncture, we have tried various medications for arthritis and nothing is working. Acupuncture worked for awhile but it's stopped. She can't get out of her cage anymore, it takes her about ten minutes. It was my choice to decide this and I decided to go with it. My parents made the appointment for yesterday but they couldn't go through with it. I don't care what anyone else thinks, and I don't care if I'm judged for this. This is the best thing for her, We've tried everything else. I don't care if people think I'm looking for attention or anything else. I have to get this out somewhere. Thank you.

I most certainly will not judge you. Only you are able to see the quality of life that Sassy has right now. Only you can make that decision.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

I know this is so difficult for you and your family. Prayers and good thoughts to help you.

LES here. I do not know how you are feeling right now, but the fact that someday I will have to go through this with my own has crossed my mind more than once.

Like Grace, I will not judge you in the slightest. You are the only one on PT who sees her on a daily basis and has to go through the motions of seeing Sassy getting by. I know it is tough, but I believe that if you think it is time, then it is.

It would take a morbid person to make a thread like this just for attention, and I know you are far, far from morbid. :] You are a very kind person who loves Sassy with all your heart. I am behind you 100%.

Major (((hugs))) and good vibes headed that way for Sassy and your whole family. You will all be in my thoughts.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

As has been said many times here in the past - YOU are the only one who can make this decision. In situations like this it is you and only you which makes it an easy decision and a hard decision all at the same time.

I'm in the same boat with my Carly. I have her one day at a time and when the pain becomes too much for her to bear, I'll make that decision. Then it the pain will become too much for me to bear, but I do it because I love her. As you love your Sassy.

You are in my thoughts and prayers in this difficult time.

Robin

Alyssa, I will deffinetly not judge you, I believe you are making the BEST possible decision for miss Sassy girl. Sassy loves you so incredibly much, and I know you love her just the same. I will support you in your decision. I am so so sad to hear this, but I KNOW it is the best possible decision you could have made for her.

We love and care about you, Alyssa, and I want you to remember this.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I remember reading threads about how you were looking for anything to help Sassy. So I don't think anyone would judge you or think you are just giving up on Sassy. If anything, you are doing the best thing for her. While it's the most difficult thing for YOU, you know it is necessary. Many of us have been there, or will be someday.
    It took my mom months to finally make this decision with her Min Pin, Kodi. But now she is at peace with it and knows it was the best thing for him.

HUGS to you and your family.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh Alyssa, I'm so sorry. No judging from me, I doubt anyone will judge you. Only you know how Sassy is doing. Only you know when it's time. You will be doing what is sometimes the kindest thing we can do for our beloved furkids. You, Sassy and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.{{{hugs}}}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Hugs and prayers to Alyssa and Sassy
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm so very sorry, Alyssa. how devastated you must be. no one should judge you; you're doing what's best for sweet Sassy. ((((HUGS)))) you both will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I'm so sorry Alyssa. I know how much you love Sassy, and I believe you know what is best for her.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

OMG! Nobody with any sensitivity would judge you. I remember asking my vet (about Cody) "How will I know when it's time?" And his answer was "You'll know". It's the hardest decision you will ever make, but you love Sassy too much to see her suffer anymore. I'm so sorry. Know that the precious pumpkin is much loved by all. You and your family will be in my thoughts. Gentle kisses and hugs to sweet Sassy.

I've been Boooo'd!

I'm so sorry, Alyssa. How sad for everybody. I have grown to love the adorable little girl so much and I know we all will miss her. This is one of the most difficult things you'll face in your entire life. Sadly, it sounds like it's the right time. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}
    Please give that little girl some gentle kisses from me.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Sassy will live forever, both in your heart and in the hearts of everyone on Pet Talk. Don't you worry, and give her a kiss from me before she goes, okay?
    I've Been Frosted

You will receive no judgment from us. Most of us have gone through this at some time in our lives, and if we haven't unfortunately we will. It is a heart wrenching time. I know it is breaking your heart to see her as she is now. Please feel all of our (((hugs))) and give her some extra cuddles from all of us.

No judgements here. I've been in your shoes and I know how hard it is.

Could we please see one more picture?