Thread: Wyatt and Lola

Wyatt and Lola

Wyatt, my prairie dog, died Thursday night. Justin, my husband, always puts the animals to bed at night. Thursday night when he went to put them to bed he found Wyatt sleeping in the little hole he digs, the same way he always sleeps. Normally when we open his cage Wyatt lifts his head and gives us a look like he's trying to say "why are you bothering me, don't you know I'm trying to sleep", then he gets up and comes over to greet us. Last night he didn't lift his head and when Justin went to check him he found that Wyatt was gone. I didn't see him, I didn't want to, but Justin said it was obvious that Wyatt died in sleep. Justin said he looked comfortable and he thinks Wyatt went peacefully. I'm not having the easiest time with losing him, but it does help knowing that he died in his sleep.

It's time I told you all about Lola too. My little chinchilla, Lola, died back in November. I still haven't quite accepted her death and Wyatt's death has trudged everything up again. For those of you that don't remember, I got my 3 chins in spring 2004. They were rescues, a mama and 2 babies. Lola was one of the babies and in really bad shape with a very badly injured and infected leg. It took months before she was well, but she recovered quite nicely. Her growth however had been stunted by her injury. She was a tiny little girl, at her largest she weighed less than half of what a normal sized chinchilla weighs. Because of her small size he developed several problems, including dental problems. Her molars were giving her a lot of trouble and she needed surgery. After the surgery she was on a lot of medicine and a special diet which she loved! She was recovering nicely, but then took a turn for the worse. She died in my arms before we could even get to the vet. Her death still hurts and I haven't been able to write about it until now, even now it's hard.

Here are a couple of my favorite pictures-

Wyatt-

Lola
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

RIP sweet babies. I am so sorry for your losses. They were beautiful!
    I love prairie dogs, they're so cute. The photo of Wyatt is precious. I love the one of Lola peeking out, too.

They will be waiting for you at the bridge.

Sending hugs your way.
    Crystal

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I am terribly sorry to see that Wyatt and Lola have passed.
    I had a rat who was basically in the same boat as Lola was. He passed away a while back due to complications that came with his stunted growth.
    Both Wyatt and Lola were gorgeous animals, and will definitely be missed, but they had a splendid life with you. They really did luck out when they entered your family.

((Hugs)) and good vibes headed your way.

Rest easy, Wyatt & Lola.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

What nice pictures to capture their personalities. I'm very sorry for your losses.

Awww, rest in peace, babies. Tell Miss Hoppy I love her, and ask her to show you around, Wyatt, okay?
    I've Been Frosted

I'm very sorry for your loss of Wyatt and Lola.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for your peace and comfort.