Thread: Any suggestions

Any suggestions

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me. How do you keep the liners from the cat's litter box from slipping off the edges of the box. The ones I have are a little big.Even though the litter box is big. They just had the one size & itkeeps slipping off when they do their "thing".Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I love Petofthe day.People are so very nice,I'm glad I found it!! Thanks for any help.

Well hey first of all == Welcome to Pet Talk & enjoy all the talks & pics..

Second of all I dont know.. Have you tried Wide Taping the bag edges to the litter pan/box?? I dont use the bags..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I have used the ones with ties, then I flip it over an tie a small knot. I keep a pair of scissors near. Lately I have been using kitchen garbage bags. I slip the litter box in and put the litter in, and tape the open side. Costs a lot less and is strong enough for my cat (although he is front declawed from previous owner).
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.
    http://cocoakitty.net

Welcome to here. I have 7 cats and I don't use them but I would suggest tape it as well.

Melissa

Hi everyone!! Thanks for all the suggestions on how to keep the liners on the litter box. Hopfully i'll be using regular litter soon & won't have to use the liners. A friend adopted 2 cats & had them decawed just 2 weeks ago. And you have to use shredded paper for ltter for awhile. To make a long story short she is unable to keep them after going through all of this.So I adopted them from her.Which worked out just fine, cause I was looking to adopt myself. Hadn't planned on 2 since I have one already. But I love the 2 new ones.Thanks again & I will try using the tape. You all are so great!!

Welcome to PT! I have a Fur Posse of 7 and I don't use liners. Be sure to give your kitties lots of belly rubs from me, especially after being declawed. It's a shame that your friend had them declawed, then decided she didn't want them. Very common, though, unfortunately. Well, you'll get lots of help and encouragement here. What are your kitties' names and what kind are they?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Hi, wow you have a fur posse of 7. Are they all indoor cats? My 3 are all indoor. It's not that myfriend didn't want them after getting them adopted & declawed. Her mother had a stroke & she had to go to be with her.Her mom lives in N>C. And she has no idea how long she'll be gone. I think she may adopt a couple when she comes back,
    My 3 are Cheyenne 13 years old,female gray/blavk/white tabby. Levi 9 month old male tabby cream/white.Then Maverick 13 months male,tabby orange & white. What kind do you have? Mine are also short hair.When I was looking, I was thinkung about a Russian Blue they are so beatiful My shelter had one, but he was a older male.And I had found nother one but he wasn't what you called friendly.
    I am now in the process of introducing the little ones to the "Queen". Cheyenne has been the only cat for 11 years. Where in Ohio are you located?.

I don't use liners either; my Inka always digs ahole all the way to China , so the bottom of the liners are always full of holes
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by CheyennePrincess View Post
    Hi, wow you have a fur posse of 7. Are they all indoor cats? My 3 are all indoor. It's not that myfriend didn't want them after getting them adopted & declawed. Her mother had a stroke & she had to go to be with her.Her mom lives in N>C. And she has no idea how long she'll be gone. I think she may adopt a couple when she comes back,
    My 3 are Cheyenne 13 years old,female gray/blavk/white tabby. Levi 9 month old male tabby cream/white.Then Maverick 13 months male,tabby orange & white. What kind do you have? Mine are also short hair.When I was looking, I was thinkung about a Russian Blue they are so beatiful My shelter had one, but he was a older male.And I had found nother one but he wasn't what you called friendly.
    I am now in the process of introducing the little ones to the "Queen". Cheyenne has been the only cat for 11 years. Where in Ohio are you located?.
    Yep, 7 alright and they're all indoor. Perfect world: I'd let them roam but too many bad things happen to cats and several of mine are special needs. I have one in advanced chronic renal failure, one in early renal failure, one that is deaf, partially blind and has cerebellar hypoplasia and another one w/a slight case of it and one who has had challenges w/an ear polyp that ran amuck. I had 8 when I first joined PT but my tuxie Peeka went to the Rainbow Bridge 3 years ago. There are several here on PT who have more cats than I do, so 7 is no big deal to them. Boo is my blackie, Coco Puff is a seal point Siamese, Puddy is a calico, Creamsicle is an orangie, Pigeon is a Maine Coone/tortie mix and so is Specs and Yodie is a tortie as well. Three of my cats, Boo, Pidge and Puddy are seniors ranging in age from 14 to 18 1/2. The rest are younguns.

I'm glad to hear that your friend didn't just discard the cats. She has to take care of her mom, that's for sure. Good thing that you were there to give them a good, permanent home. We'd love to see some pix when you're able.

I'm located equidistant to Akron and Canton. Where are you?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Yep, 7 alright and they're all indoor. Perfect world: I'd let them roam but too many bad things happen to cats and several of mine are special needs. I have one in advanced chronic renal failure, one in early renal failure, one that is deaf, partially blind and has cerebellar hypoplasia and another one w/a slight case of it and one who has had challenges w/an ear polyp that ran amuck. I had 8 when I first joined PT but my tuxie Peeka went to the Rainbow Bridge 3 years ago. There are several here on PT who have more cats than I do, so 7 is no big deal to them. Boo is my blackie, Coco Puff is a seal point Siamese, Puddy is a calico, Creamsicle is an orangie, Pigeon is a Maine Coone/tortie mix and so is Specs and Yodie is a tortie as well. Three of my cats, Boo, Pidge and Puddy are seniors ranging in age from 14 to 18 1/2. The rest are younguns.

I'm glad to hear that your friend didn't just discard the cats. She has to take care of her mom, that's for sure. Good thing that you were there to give them a good, permanent home. We'd love to see some pix when you're able.

I'm located equidistant to Akron and
    Canton. Where are you?
    WOW That's quite the posse you have there.They all sound adorable!! Their names are sooo cute!! That is great you haven't given up on your special need kitties.So many people today don't want to be bothered with animals with special needs. My Cheyenne is on 3 pills a day for her thyroid. I'm about 2-2 & half hours from Akron/Canton. I am about 10 miles from Wheeling,WV. My cousin & I go up to Akron/Canto to see several bands that we know.We was in Green last w/e & will be back up there in Green this Saturday.The one lady at the shelter has 14 cats.And another lady had 17. I live right by the road that's why I keep mine indoors>Like you said so many bad things can happen.

Re

I hav eused just the kitchen bags too and tie a knot. But I usually don't use liners because my cats scratch or tear the plastic.

i use large lawn bags. put the litter box inside and then fill with litter. then when you change it, turn the bag inside out and - tah dah! all done. clean hands, clean litter box. and the garbage bags are a ton cheaper than the litter box liners.

~Aki
    "The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~~ Helen Keller
    ------------------------------------------------
    Chuck (rb) meowmie misses you!

------------------------------------------------

thanks kittycats_delights for the sig!