Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1304

Thread: New ICHC Thread (Warning - may contain LOLspeak!)

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

https://www.facebook.com/iambublog

I feel kind of bad...I thought the photo below was of a real cat caught in a funny expression. In fact, it is a female cat named Lil Bub!

Here is her biography from FB:
    Biography
    BUB has many unique characteristics that make her a very special one of a kind critter. Please understand that she was NOT bred to be this way. BUB was the runt of an otherwise healthy litter from a stray outdoor mother, and was born with several genetic mutations that make her special. She is just one of nature's happy accidents. Her foster family had a hard time finding her a home, but she now lives happily with a dude that feeds her only the best food and treats her like a queen.

BUB is a "perma-kitten", which means she will stay kitten sized and maintain kitten-like features her entire life. She is also a dwarf, which means her limbs are disproportionately small relative to the rest of her body. She has very short, stubby legs and a weird, long, serpent-like body. Her lower jaw is very short compared to her upper jaw, and her teeth never grew in (yes, that's right, she's toothless!), which is why her tongue is usually hanging out. Don't worry, BUB has a very healthy appetite and eats dry and wet food with no problems. Additionally, BUB is a polydactyl cat, meaning she has extra toes, and in her case, one extra toe on all of her four paws. Her front paws each have two opposable thumbs. And then of course there are her big, bulging, wonder-filled green eyes. Some think she can see into the future with those things.

BUB squonks, squeaks, gurgles, snorts, hiccups, purrs and sometimes even growls. She also occasionally meows, but even those sound kinda funny.

Despite her weird looks and numerous "deformities", BUB is a healthy, happy cat. She may not be able to jump on and off stuff, but she manages by climbing using her 22 claws. She also can't quite run or walk very well... but she is a fantastic waddler. Even though she has no teeth, she has a fierce appetite, and can take down half of a bowl of dry food without any problems (the other half winds up scattered on the floor). Just like other cats, she poops and pees in the litter box, likes to chase bugs and is always cleaning her luxurious coat and sometimes even her dude's beard.
    Bub and a friend.

Bub and her "dude". He loves her!

I've shown everyone at work Lil Bub's profile on FB and now we are all Bub fans!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Awwwwww, what a sweetie! And what a nice Dad she has!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I didn't know either, so don't feel bad. I ran across this late last night. I think it was face book. Thanks for posting the corrected information. And for the LOL URL.

I've developed an affinity for special needs cats lately. I haven't seen that pic before of Bub and her Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/iambublog

I feel kind of bad...I thought the photo below was of a real cat caught in a funny expression. In fact, it is a female cat named Lil Bub!

Bub and her "dude". He loves her!

Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    I've shown everyone at work Lil Bub's profile on FB and now we are all Bub fans!
    That is just fantastic! So many of her expressions are the same, but still it is nice to see her being active.
    Anne

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I did come across her picture on FB. At first I thought that she was just a stuffed animal because she just didn't look real to me. Thanks for letting us know more about her.

Candace, I don't think that's her Dude. I think it is one of the guys that won a photo shoot contest with her. More cat guys!
    Anne

Anne, yes I realized that afterwards. I think "her Dude" is in a couple of photos, but he never really identifies himself. There is the one pic with a man and two women, and he is saying something about a garage sale to fundraise for Bub - I suspect that might be "Dude" but he keeps pretty quiet about it. Still, he is in more than one pic with her!

If you go to Smoosh blog and scroll down, you will see where Smoosh met Bub. I think Dude is the guy with the tats.
    Anne

I have seen the cat on the right mentioned somewhere in Lil Bub's pics; other people submit them. She is two years old.

Link to world's smallest cats - there are two mentioned. They seem healthy - they just never "growed": http://lovemeow.com/2009/09/worlds-smallest-cats/

Love the face: