Thread: Another Itty Bitty Kitty

Another Itty Bitty Kitty

Fellow Pet Talkers this has been a really tough and trying day and this will be a long post. I went to feed my one colony today and found a little kitty, a she I found out, about 4 weeks old convulsing, laying in the sun. I immediately scooped her up and trying cooling her off with some water while placing her in my car with the a/c running. She finally stopped convulsing but was breathing funny and panting. I tried a few drops of water in her mouth and she seem to try and drink. I knew in my heart that she was sick and suffering and I did not want her to so I decided to take her to the emergency vet to let them check her but with the idea that I would have to put her to sleep. She stayed in my lap the whole way with me crying, talking to her and petting her tiny head. The emergency vet said she had feline distemper and her chances of survival were slim but I could try if I wanted. She was already extremely weak and dehydrated. I am trying to spay/neuter a colony of 25 cats at my own expense and knowing the emergency vet treatment would be very expensive I made the decision to put her to sleep. I did spend time with her before they did put her to sleep but it haunts me. I feel so guilty that she was born in the first place, but I lost 4 weeks of trapping while the vet was out having her baby and some weeks you can't get a kitty in the trap. I feel so guilty that I had to choose, because of money, her life versus trapping others to prevent more babies. Stray/Feral colony care and trapping is zappy my emotions. The irresponsibility of people not spaying and neutering causes this. I was already depressed after leaving Pets Mart seeing all the kittens and adults for adoption and how there are more cats, dogs too, than there are people to adopt them. Then driving to the emergency vet I saw a cat that had been run over and one when I left. Man my heart is just hurting so bad and the tears are streaming. Please pray for these lost lives today and ask God to help people stop being so irresponsible with their pets. May you, "another itty bitty kitty" and you two whose lives were lost on the road play happily at the Rainbow Bridge. Even though I didn't know you three personally, I loved you anyway.

RIP to these three souls, and to the countless ones that no one sees.

God bless those who try to help them. Thank you for being one of them.

Sigh. It truly is disheartening at times to see so many cats and kittens that are suffering and that don't stand a chance of finding a home. Absolve yourself of guilt, though, sweetie, because you can't save them all. Cat rescue can be so rewarding but it can also be heartbreaking and this is one of those days that I'm sure you'll not soon forget. You gave this little one comfort, love and the human touch. "I was thirsty and you gave me drink". (Matt. 25:35) That's pure love. Sleep well tonight knowing that the last moment of this sweet one's life was one of peace, knowing that she was loved and touched. Peace to you. RIP, little one.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

{{{{hugs}}} Bless you for the work you do.

Try to think of those to whom you have made a huge difference.

I know this is a memorial thread...but you are hurting so much and are so overwhelmed...I went searching for info and links; I hope they will help you.

TNR IS working wherever it is used...take heart.

Perhaps here you might connect with people who can help you out - and vice versa - to share carrying this load.
    http://www.auburn.edu/prevet/catnap/meet.html

http://www.auburn.edu/prevet/catnap/links.html Links to orgs - one is willing to help people outside their local area.

http://www.alleycat.org/pdf/aca_summer05.pdf See page 5

http://www.alleycat.org/pdf/stgeorge.pdf
    Georgia
    St. George
    Catching Feral Felines

The destruction of the Valley View Mobile Home Park on Middleton Drive has left humans displaced along with at least two dozen unusual cats.

"These cats then breed, producing kittens that receive very little human contact and learn to fear humans," Neal said, adding the cats cannot be reduced by simply taking one or two to a shelter to eventually be euthanized.

Neal said she trapped 24 cats overnight from the demolished remains of the Valley View Mobile Home Park.

The Spectrum - 10/17/06
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

St. Francis is caring for that Itty Bitty Kitty. Know that you are helping others, and one day your reward will be great. Sleep softly, little one....
    Nine is Fine!!

Do have no reason to feel bad, your money will be better spent on spaying and neutering the rest of the colony. You did what was best for itty bitty. You saved her from a life on the streets.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Those Two Little Bitty Kitty Angels Were Adopted By Cat Familys Mia Angel And Porch Angel Orange Blossom.
    They Are Now Mia-mi And Blsomer Angels And Will Live With Mia And Orange Blossom Angels On Thier Lobster Boat Restauarant Boat House And Sail The Seven Seas Serving Great Sea Food.
    And Because You Loved And Cared For Them Julie, There Will Be A Sea Food Banquet In Your Honor At The Rainbow Bridge.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm so sorry to hear about the Itty Bitty Kitty that you found in such rough shape. It is so obvious how much you love animals and how dedicated you are to helping them. You stopped what could have been hours of suffering for that sweet kitten, alone and in the hot sun. And it's possible that if you had tried to save her, she might not have survived in the end and the resources you plan to use to help the other cats that still need you would be gone. I can only imagine the grief you are dealing with right now but you handled this kitten with kindness and the other cats will be so blessed to also benefit from your compassion. Thank you for helping them.