Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do You Have A Middle Name

Candace Arlene

NO idea where it came from.

My mom and her family of origin had no middle names...apparently that is usual in some cultures - her parents came from central Ukraine in 1925.

My mom took her maiden name as middle - to the extent of paying for it to be her legal middle name. Helen Cherak (the latter is her middle name).
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I do have a middle name.

Rachel Marie.

Marie is a family name.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

My middle name is simply Anne, and i feel blessed, because the scottish tend to give their children a middle name which is actually a surname in the family, for instance my sister is margaret Ferris,which is my grandmother's maiden surname,i would hate that, so i am glad to have been given Anne.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Yes. My folks used their first names as my and my brother's middle names. My brother uses his all the time, it's Jack, great name. Sadly (hangs had in shame) I always thought mine was too old fashioned. I don't even use the initial unless I have to for legal purposes. It was always fun making people guess my middle name and nobody ever did. An ex coworker found out and to this day, he calls me by my first and middle name, on envelopes, when he calls, always, just to rattle me. I'll never tell. Sorry mom.

I was going to be named Caryn Leigh..never happened.

I've been Boooo'd!

I am Cynthia Ann. I go by Cindy and hate it when people say Cindy Ann (sounds like Ragedy Ann to me). Well, that is what Bruce calls me. At first I got irritated, but now he is the only person I can tolerate it from.
    My mom chose my middle name just because she liked it. It wasn't until later she discovered it was my dad's mom's name. Oh well, too late to change it. I sign my name Cynthia A. (last name).
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I have three middle names. Two from my christening, one from my confirmation. Frances Alberta Angela.

I always use an "F." when I sign ANYTHING.

Mine name is Crystal Sheri.

I use Crystal S. when I sign anything too! It's in my auto-signature at work, too.
    I never used my middle initial until I was getting divorced in 1998. I guess it was a way to make me more ME.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

My Middle Name is Anne. No real special meaning, except it is my mothers middle name. My first name Margaret was my Grandmothers name, who passed before I was born at the age of 42 from Cancer.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

My first and middle names are Shanna Rae.

My grandfather's middle name was Raymond, so a LOT of my boy cousins got the middle name Ray or Raymond. Guess my mom improvised with me.

I don't mind it, I don't know what else would go with my first name, and I think they sound pretty good together.

I don't use my middle name as an adult. But I clearly remember the first day of kindegarten, my teacher was calling roll and said, "Shanna?". I didn't answer at first ... I thought she must be talking to some other Shanna, because NEVER in my life had I been called anything but Shanna Rae. It's a southern thing, I guess.

My son's name is Dylan Ray, so I suppose I carried on the tradition.

My paternal grandmother's middle name was Cornelia. I always loved that name when I was kid. My mom's middle name is Irene. She hates it, but I love it. My dad's middle name was Carl, so they combined Irene + Carl, and my sister's middle name is Carlene. I was always so jealous that she got that middle name. LOL
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

My middle name is Lynn and as far as I know there's no special meaning behind it.

My middle name is Alison (my mums first name). I always use the initial when I sign my name. Its quite funny though because I shorten Eleanor to Ellie and Alison to Allie so that makes me Ellie Allie and then my surename also has a double L in it too.... (though I am not posting my surename online)... so my name is like a tongue twister
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

I have three middle names too; I'm Linda Mary Lilith Cherry Surname.
    I hate filling in official forms
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

I was adopted when I was 6 years old...was Wanda Marie (hate it!) and since then I've been Melissa Michelle. I got to pick my name and I use it like everyone else, to sign documents but I only hear my mom use it when I say or do something that shocks her or I get in trouble, nobody else uses it. I don't even get called by my first name...I go by Misty (there's a story behind that, too).

Pretty funny since I'm 39 years old, lol. I guess nothing really ever changes...

I have a middle name, but I actually go by a nickname, so I only use my first and middle names on legal documents.

My middle name is Grace. I never really liked it, but it was my great-grandmother's first name. It does sound Okay with my name though:

Alyssa Grace.

My initials are AGG.

I have one too and over the years have decided it isn't so bad. I think I decided it was ok after my grandmother passed on as it was her middle name so it kinda made me feel I would always have a piece of her. I would have preferred her first name instead but oh well.

My middle name is Harriett.

David I will give your last name a go. Phonically I would say 'Pitz E Ka'. And I would also venture a guess and say your family comes from southern Italy maybe Sicily or Calabria?

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica