Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: baby needs eye drops, AZ

MooShoo had a herpes virus in his eyes and that's why he's blind in one eye and has limited vision in his left. I looked to see if I have any extra drops or cream but I don't. I hope this poor baby gets the help he needs.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    MooShoo had a herpes virus in his eyes and that's why he's blind in one eye and has limited vision in his left. I looked to see if I have any extra drops or cream but I don't. I hope this poor baby gets the help he needs.
    Spunky had it too, but she's reversed--blind L and low vision R.

Now URGENT

She now has one week.

Critters,

If you give the name of the vet that prescribes the Interferon drops, I'll send a debit card payment tomrrow for 2 months worth. I'm sure the foster mom can handle $8 for sterile drops.

Anyone else here on PT that can help out????

I'm totally maxed out in my cat population. 6 of my own cats and two 6 weeks old babies in my bathroom of my 2 room apartment.

Let me know.

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

OK, I've posted your post and the link to here. Thanks!

Yes, I'm maxed out as well, having 7 cats, several of them special needs. I do hope that this sweetie is able to get the care she needs. Lots of prayers going out......
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

This breaks my heart, maybe we should cross post this to general to get more responses??

Good idea! You don't need my permission. I'm on the way to do it now.

I am sorry that I'm maxed out at 12 with a CH kitty. But I would be glad to send some to cover the drops. I just need too know where and how.
    She has such a sweet face.
    GILL & Crew;

I haven't heard anything yet, but I'll be sure to post if I do. Thanks!

AND THAT DEAR LITTLE ONES NAME IS ROCCA. MY DEAR ALMOND ROCCA BATO ANGELS IN FRONT, THE TAN ORIENTAL SHORTHAIR ANGEL IS WITH ROCCA KITTEN NOW, AND WE ARE ALL PRAYING THAT SHE WILL FIND HER PLACE IN THE SUN, AND NOT LOSE HER VISION.

WE WISH WE COULD TAKE HER IN BUT ARIZONA IS SO FAR AWAY.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Financial info & phone # now posted at HP. Rocca has a slideshow now too, apparently! http://handicappedpet.net/helppets/v...p?f=16&t=11514

Rocca Tucson, AZ a Home for her?

Hi! You all have really touched me, as I've been reading many of the message boards, past posting etc... I know I will enjoy being a part of this wonderful group of committed crazy cat ladies (and men).

I'm the foster mom of Rocca and adore her! Rocca has not had any outbreaks since the first "stress" related after spaying. She was then put on her Interferon Alfa mixed with over the counter sterile eye drops early February and I was so happy to become her new foster mom to get her back in the Pink of health!

The ONLY reason I can not keep her, is because we travel beginning June 14and don't return until early December.

The stress of traveling would cause harm to Rocca and that isn't what rescue is about - and it wouldn't help this sweet girl stay healthy.

That's why it is getting so urgent she find her special new home!

I adore her (as you can see by the slide show I made for her), but I sure don't want her to suffer trying to travel with us.

Her med's aren't a problem to me - she let's me put them in so nicely :-)

The safety in keeping her ulcer free with the drops (refrigerated) and praying she won't have any more outbreaks so she can keep her sight is my big worry during any stress of traveling. She jsut can't do this with us and maintain her sight and health.

She produces plenty of tears the Vet says. I've called her Vet to see if I can up the strength of the drops in hopes that, if someone ONLY had to put them in a FEW times a day, Rocca could find her special new home faster...

The rescue group I foster for, unfortunately left no room at any other fosters and everyone is full due to kitten and puppy season grrrr

I've been posting any and everywhere trying to find that special person that could put a few drops in her eyes! I can not think of letting her die by being put into a Kennel where they will NOT keep up with the simple needs of her drops - She sees WELL and has not given this to any of my 4 cats, nor the other 2 I also foster.

I am willing to drive or help find transport. I just can't give up on this sweetie who is already spayed, UTD on all her shots, and microchipped!

Please crosspost, and let me know ASAP. I can transport her almost anywhere in Arizona!

If her new special people are out there, she MAY have a tiny reoccurance or outbreak due to the stress of placing her anywhere else, though I pray she will get through this just fine!

Debbie

Last Weekend for Rocca adoption in Tucson, AZ

Rocca, oh so sweet, playful and loving Rocca will be at the PetSmart off Orange Grove & Thorneydale (in Tucson, AZ) Saturday (11-4) and Sunday (noon -4) WAITING for her new folks to come adopt her!

This is her last weekend to be shown for adoption so Please call anyone you know in Arizona (or nearby)!

I'm a stubborn foster mom and will NOT give up on Rocca, or let her DIE simply because she needs some drops put in her eyes 4-6 times a day to keep from getting ulcers, and stay the happy, playful sweet girl she is.

***Paws Crossed for her new special people to come forward NOW****

Debbie (Rocca's foster mommy)