Thread: Welcome "Home" to Pet Talk, Wayne!

Welcome "Home" to Pet Talk, Wayne!

Hi Wayne,

As you've probably noticed by some of the posts, we've missed you while you were moving. It was a relief to see you posting again today. Hope to see some photos of your lovely brood. Did they all make the move with you to Kansas?

Welcome back/home. You were missed!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Amberlee, thank so much for your thoughts. I have written a short moving experience in the "cat health" forum. It is good to be back on line again. Although I had to leave some of my outdoor furkids in Calif, at the request of some people there, I did manage to bring 12 of them with me. They are lots of comany, and every morning there is something to clean up.(epsecially kitty poops). I am thinking of purchasing larger litter boxes because there are 2 or 3 of them that will not use the box after it has been already used by some of the older cats. At any rate, they certainly fill a need for some companionship. There is one kitten a Russian Blue, that is becoming very loyal and affectionate. I am calling him "Kitty Love" because this is his most significant trait. He sleeps with me on the bed and cuddles up to me at night. What is more affectionate is that whenever I call him , he usually comes running. Yet, there are a few of the same litter that he was part of, that are not nearly as friendly. It is good to be back on line again, so, I will have to stop here and take care of my furkids further this morning. Thanks again for your thoughts.

............wayne

WELCOME BACK Wayne !!!
    Hope the move wasn't to hard for your furkids !!! None of them tried to run away ???
    Good luck in your new home !!!

ps. guess you do not know about my dearest Sydney ??? He passed away in July !! since , i have a new kitten , called Maya !
    You can read all about both on cat health and cat general !

Welcome back Wayne, we have missed you and hearing about your kitties! An even dozen....Wow! Never a dull moment!

Wayne, so sorry to hear about Snow Cat. I know he was one of your favorites. I too got chills and goose bumps as I was reading about the apparition. I hope you don't mind but I've taken the liberty of copying your post here so everyone doesn't have to go searching for it.

Again, welcome back!
    Thanks for your thoughts of me. Yes, they made the trip OK after the initial protests about being shut up in back of my little truck. However I lost Snow Cat in the journey. Apparently he got in some kind of situation where he was in danger of being covered with small but heavy boxes. I heard a lot of meowing in the back of my truck but thought it was Otis, my orange tabby kitten, fussing. At any rate, by the time I had entered Mohave, Calif, Snow cat was dead. But I did not realize it until I got to Ashfork, Ariz, that following morning and got out to check on the alternator on my truck, that is when I found him dead. Needless to say I was quite upset. When I crossed the bridge connecting Needles, Calif. with Arizona, at about 2 AM, I saw a figure crossing the bridge covered with gray wool blankets, pushing what appeared to be a baby stroller. What was most unusual was that at this time of the morning in the Lower Colorado River Valley, it was still 90 deg F. However, I did not see any part of her body. I thought to myself that perhaps it was one of the local Indian tribes crossing with her children. But in Ashfork Ariz, after finding Snow Cat dead then it dawned on me that the figure was an apparition, telling me that I was carting a dead "baby". I still get the hair raising up on me whenever I think of this. This also acconts for not seeing any part of her body, because there wasn't any. I have heard of apparitions presenting themselves in such a manner but it was thought that I would never see such a thing. Otherwise, my remaining 12 made the journey OK and without fussing. In fact when I arrived at my new (older) home in southeast Kansas, some of them did not want to leave the truck, especially the kittens. But after getting all of them in the house, they began to explore and within about 45 minutes, they were chasing each other around the large vacant rooms. I have been off line because everything I looked at in the house needed some attention, especially the electrical sockets as there was still the old style 2-slot types beig used. I have been replacing them with the code 3-slot types. Fortunately, the large basement allows access to all the plumbing so, it was only necessary to find a solid earth ground in order to connect the newer types. So, I have been purchasing various furniture, painting and repairing things before I could get back on line.

...............wayne
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I did not realize that you had lost Snow Cat and I am so sorry. I know that he meant a lot to you.

Yes, about Snow cat, he had a propensity of getting himself in to some very impossible situations. I had no way of knowing that he would get himself caught in some boxes, otherwise I would have not "packed" things as I did. Now that his brother Jumper is also gone, I still have one left of that litter, namely, Fawn. All three of them showed some altered animal behavior, like being "autistic". I still have problems with Fawn, even though he has been neutered. Problems with being a single minded cat, that is when he sets his mind on doing something, he doesn't change it. Snow Cat also presented a problem of peeing on everything, except in his litter box. But peeing or no peeing, I am still upset whenever I think of him. He was so pretty. I am thinking of adopting another flame point Siamese to "replace" him. Being in this little city it will probably be necessary to go to a larger metro area and visit some animal shelters, perhaps Wichita or Tulsa, Okla. But for now 12 kids is enough to keep me busy,

Lut, the thing that I feared the most didn't present a problem, namely that was fearing that when I would open up the truck that they would run out, but this didn't happen. They all stayed in the truck even before I got home, even after opening up the rear window gate, they all stayed inside.

I had to leave Princess in Calif because when I opened up the house she darted outside and I did not have time to chase her down again. However, I did bring Silver prince with me, and he is still getting bigger. Although I do not have any accurate scales, he is probably up to 7 or 8 lbs now, and you should see his giant paws! They remind me of those of a puppy.

........wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 08-29-2002 at 01:16 PM.

Wayne,
    I'm so glad you are back, when I saw your name as "last responder" on the cat threads I got excited. We sure have missed you and your stories of the kitties.

I am so, so sorry about your loss of Snow Cat. I do know how fond you were of him.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Welcome back Wayne!!
    "Happiness Is Owning A Human!"

Visit Dutchess & Yum Yum's Website Pleassee:

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Hi Wayne,Wellcome back!
    I'm glad to hear about you and your kitties!
    This week I was thinking that maybe you had already settled in your new home,and here you are!
    Sorry for your loss of Snow Cat, and you had to leave Princess.

The best luck in your new life,

Koxka

Welcome back Wayne, we've misssed you!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Originally posted by wayne0214
    I had to leave Princess in Calif because when I opened up the house she darted outside and I did not have time to chase her down again. ........wayne
    Wayne, I remember you saying that Princess and Noel resembled each other....you can borrow Noel if you want. Or I can just post some pictures if that would help. I really enjoyed reading about her. Do they still look alike?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

back Wayne. I'm so glad that your trip went well. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of Snow Cat. I'm also sorry that you had to leave Princess behind. I've really missed hearing about your cats crazy antics. Do you know how to use your digital camera yet? I'd love to see some pics of your cats. Good luck in your new home.