Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Floors!

New Floors!

Well we finally took the plunge and took out our carpet & linoleum and got laminate floors. It looks great and smells even better...LOL

Of course I got pictures!

Before, with the carpet....yuck, look how dirty

And after...much better!
    And the kitchen/dining room before
    And after!

I have to say that now I want to paint both rooms. I don't like the color of the floor with the color of the walls...lol!

Now the down side...the dogs don't really like it, especially Bon
    This is what he thinks of the whole thing...

He NEVER laid in his crate before. He occasionally lays on the floor but most of the time now he'll go in the bedroom on the carpet
    Kind of defeats the purpose of getting the floor...lol.

For those of you that have laminate/hardwood/tile....do your dogs like it?

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Beautiful! Don't you just love laminate?
    We bought a house a few months ago with hardwood floors. I absolutely hate them! We've put so many dings and scratches in them just moving in.

We call them softwood floors. If it were up to me, I'd go back to laminate in a heartbeat.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I can't answer the question about the dogs and flooring but I'm sure they will get use to it before long. Hopefully!

I just wanted to say that the floors look great! I can't wait to see it all in person.

The floors look Great Anna!
    Bon will like it when it's hot outside and he can lay on the cool floor!
    Just ask Buddy!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

The floors look really good!

We have original hardwood flooring in our house. The house was built in 1964, I think. It's all Zoee has known since she's lived with us. The thing I don't like about it is when we play with Zoee in the house I'm always afraid she's going to hurt herself when she slips and slides on the floor.
    She loves to lay in the hallway right up against the wall. In the summer that is her favorite place because it's cool. In the winter she stays in the bedroom on the carpet or the bed.
    The thing I do like about hardwood floors is sweeping feels cleaner to me. I can SEE what is on the floors, unlike carpets. And you never really know if you get everything up from the carpet with the vacuum. Especially if you do not have a very powerful one.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

The new floors look great.

I am sure the doggies will get used to it in time - we put laminate flooring in Katie's room and Tobey has just got the hang of walking on it. At first he did look a bit like Bambi on the ice
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

WOW!! The floors look fabulous, Anna!!! I had laminate floors put in most of the house a few years ago. The dogs never have seemed to mind it. Sometimes I think Delilah will throw her shoulder out as fast as she moves when she has to run to the window. All in all, it's worked out great. I loved seeing that carpet leave the house. With the new floors, you get to hear their claws clicking and it's a wonderful little sound. I think you'll really enjoy it. Bon will eventually come around.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

The floors look great!!!

When we first took carpet out fo the kitchen (yes, kitchen!) and dining room, the dogs were no so sure. They have adjusted, seem to like it fine, and Cincy even "surfs" on the floor mat in front of the sink as she goes racing for her tennis ball.

Congratulations Anna! The new floors look great! You will NOT be sorry. When we had ours put in we had considerable slipping and sliding on the part of the dogs for a couple of days. My two have adjusted very well. You can literally see them put on their brakes at times. Occasionally when my granddog, Harlee, visits she has a "splat" moment which is funny because Robyn has laminate flooring in her kitchen and Harlee needs to deal with that to get to the back door. I guess "the bigger the dog the harder they fall" (just like Bon!) Nevertheless, you will NEVER be sorry! Lookin' good!

The dogs will get use to it. Bon is just being a drama king. In the summer they will like the cooler floors.

I have laminate floors in my kitchen and bathroom. The only dog of mine that has a problem with it is Chloe. Which doesn't make sense to me because the home she was raised in had ALL laminate and hardwood floors.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

The floors look wonderful!

We recently redid all of the main rooms in our house with wood look-a-like tile. It is quite convincing and I am in love with it. :]

As for the boys, they are not all that thrilled. Frisk & Ethan adjusted almost instantly, but Skylar absolutely refused to walk on it for the first three days. It did not help that mum decided to clean them with Pledge.
    We put a rug under the kitchen table, and that is always where you find Frisk sitting.
    I think the cats enjoy it the most. At night when they are all chasing eachother and "thundering" through the house they are sometimes able to slide from one end of the room to another. =D
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy'sMom View Post
    The floors look great!!!

When we first took carpet out of the kitchen (yes, kitchen!)...
    AHHH someone else who had carpet in their kitchen! Gross! Ours left a couple months after we moved in. Put in Maple colored laminate. Dogs love it on hot days... or after a walkd... they come in here a stretch out to cool their bellies, especially Bunny.

Your floors look great!! Much improved.

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

Awsome!! I love it!! Duke actually loves the laminate floor we have, he loves to just lay on it, cause it is cooler.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

You should get a couple good rugs. Your dogs will love them. I have the whole downstairs of my house in hardwood floors and the dogs always lay on the rugs unless they are hot then they will lay on the floor. They look nice!

Zoe and Oliver you will always be missed wait for me at the bridge babies.

Also owned by 2 cats named Olive and Sophie
    1 bunny named Houdini
    1 syrian hamster named Oreo
    A 17 year old cockatiel named Baby
    7 zebra finches named Beeper, Zeb, Sprout, Buzz, Scout, Jack and Pearl
    7 bettas
    and several tropical fish

Visit Lucy, Maggie, and Gracie's Doggyspace

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    With the new floors, you get to hear their claws clicking and it's a wonderful little sound.
    LOL! Little? Not so little here I don't know, the bigger the dog the bigger the sound?! But I am getting used to it.

Thanks for the nice replies everyone. I think the three of them are adjusting well, it's just Bon (yes, very much so a drama king ) He gets spooked by so many things, guess this is just one of them he's going to have to get over!

I am going to be obsessed with cleaning them though! I was coming in from the garage and a Huney furball came floating right at me
    Oh well at least like you say, I can see what's there where with the carpet it was all hiding (which wasn't always a bad thing)

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets