Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Dogs!

Big Dogs!

I have a yellow lab named Allie who I really love! She is really smart, patient, and well behaved (unless she has a partner in crime to run away with.) I'm mostly a big dog person, but i also like my jack russell terrier. what do you think?

i think you are the best person because any dogs purebred or mix small or big but i like mostly is rough dogs because they need exercise and so do i because i am in the womans olympic running team.

I vote for big dogs too. We have 4. Sox is an Aussie/German Shepard mix, Tigger is a Husky/Pitbull mix, Shawna is a full breed Aussie, and Jazzy is a full breed Great Dane. I think that qualifies me for a big dog lover.

My vote is for big dogs. I really have no reason other than I've always liked the bigger dogs opposed to the small ones. We have a Siberian Husky, Nikko. He is 2 1/2 years old and is such a lover. We don't know what we'd do without him.

Yep, even though I miss the days when I could hold Cody, I love the fact that he's a big, 95 lb muscular mix of GR/YL that I can
    cuddle or wrestle with (either of us ever
    grew up). I'm so thankful that the "him walking me" days are over. I'm passionate about ALL dogs I just like them big and powerful as a matter of preference

I love big dogs too! I have a bernese mountain dog, and she is the love of my life, I don't know why, but I've never liked yappy little dogs.

Mostly I've been abig dog fan-and right now I've got a GSD and a 140 lb royy/bloodhound mix. Also 2 bassets, which are big dogs with short legs. But my newest rescue is a mini doxy. There can be said something good for a dog that can curl up on your lap without crushing you.

Big dogs are grea. when i was a little kid, i had a dog named Fritz who was half golden retreiever, half saint bernard and he was HUGE!! he was the best dog i've ever had.

I vote for big dogs. I have raised both big and toy. By far I would rather have a big dog. At the current time I only have a redbone hound Jed that I have had or should I say he has owned for 9 years. lol..... A harlequin Great Dane Mitsy that is 9 months old and is my life.. she is my giant baby..now this pup is so spoilt. I have a Boston Great Dane Male that is awesome. 195 lbs and 1 1/2 years old. Yes I love the great giants..

Big dogs are great. We currently own a 68 lb greyhound and a 55 lb mutt (she's short but was supposed to be bigger). We were looking at getting an Irish Wolfhound, but were afraid they'd be too much for our daughter. In a few years when our daughter is bigger we'll probably get one.

I love my rottie max, he's about 180 pounds & a big lap puppy.... I don't like small dogs the smallest dog I have is a Pointer/Pit bull mix.

big dogs are the BEST!!
    my baby, Mouse, is a Weimaraner the first weim I have ever had and he is the most awesome dog I have ever had. He wandered up to my house 2 days after I moved in and has not left LOL not that I mind him staying at all. When he first came up he was full of ticks and fleas and weighted only 48 lbs he was nothign but skin and bones I could count his ribs from 10 paces away. However, one look into those golden eyes and I was hooked for life. He I am a college student struggling to keep food on my own table but I would give anything for my weim, and I learned a few days ago he would do the same for me. I was walking to the post office and he was following me as par ussual, but ussually he stops at the edge of the field near my house and turns back but this day he followed me further. Well the post office is a 2 mile walk down the hyway and I was just walking minding my own buisness when this car swerved from the other side of the road onto the shoulder where I was and this really grundgy looking man jumped out and grabed at me. I did not even have time to scream before Mouse tackled the guy. he got a few good bites in before the guy got away and jumped in his car. Another car stoped and helped me but I am sure the guy would have hurt me if Mouse had not been there. He is my hero and I will love and adore him till the day I die. Weimaraners RULE!!

I think big dogs are the best. I have a 6 stone(40 kg) long haired German Shepherd who is a big teddy bear.

Add one more to the big dog column. Growing up the smallest dog we had was a beagle--who are big dogs trapped in small bodies!--but the rest were boxers, huskies and my baby, a Lab/Irish Setter/Shepherd/Husky mix who looked like a huge black Irish Setter with muscles. Actually, she looked a lot like a Flat Coat Retriver, but more feathery and pretty like a setter. She broke my heart and passed away in May 99 at the age of 12. My dad was so lost that I went with him doen to the shelter and picked him out a black lab/pit mix who he named Sammy and is just a doll. They guessed he was about 7 months old but that it was hard to really tell because he was so malnourished. That little scrawny 32 pounder had become a big, strong 80 pounder after a year of love anbd kindness.

As soon as my husband and I get a house--knock on wood next fall--our first order of business is adopting a big slobbery dog of our own.

I'm a big dog person. I own a GSD and a Rottie. But, I think I could go with a small dog. All dogs are special!