Thread: RIP Hidey Fish! *Cause of Death Found! Post #4*

Unhappy RIP Hidey Fish! *Cause of Death Found! Post #4*

I am so sad today. My 8yr old Pleco, named Hidey fish(picked out by my kids) Has passed away. He was such a great fish, and we have had him since he was about an Inch long. The last time I measured him, a few months ago, he was just over 12 inches. He has been in our family so long, It is just so hard to take in. I cried when I saw him in an un-natural position in the tank today, when I came home from work. RIP big guy!! You will be greatly missed. You lived a long and great life. Swim hard baby!

Here is a pic of him, and his Baby Brother, they liked to hang out together.
    Last edited by critter crazy; 03-13-2008 at 12:59 PM.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Oh no, I'm so sorry. Rest in Peace Hidey Fish.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

What a big handsome guy he was (I just adore plecos)... RIP Mr. Hidey. We'll miss seeing you!

Cause of Death

Well unfortunately we found out what happened to my sweet Hidey fish. It seems that My MIL's Cat Nemo, got to him!! We caught him trying to get the Smaller one last night! So hubby went and Placed a screen over the 3 inch opening in the back of the tank where the filters go, so hopefully this wont happen again. Hubby thought it was odd, that Hidey fish was found dead, and the marks on his body looked odd, but I just thought the other fish in the tank attacked him after he passed. But hubby thinks it was the cat! Especially since he came very close to getting The smaller one! Hubby said Nemo sat on the back of the tank, just staring in the iopening, and when the smaller Pleco, came within sight, he would Thrust his paw in the water, and Grab at him. Hubby said if he hadnt seen it himself, he would have never believed it!

Thankfully Nemo goes back home next month!! I love him dearly, but Gosh, he is trying my patience!! Between clawing everything in the house, getting on counters, tearing open any bag he finds, opening cuboards, stealing the fish food containers, opeing them and eating all the fish food, and now trying to catch my fish. it think it is time to go back to the In-Laws!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I am so sorry. I just saw this. I love Pleco's and Hidey fish was so cute and beautiful!

Aww it's ok I have a pleco and I will Think of him every time I see my pleco!

_My Condolences
    RIP You will always be in my heart

hidey fish

sorry to hear that your fish died
    he sounds so cute
    rip

Exclamation R I P

poor pleco i have one too and soon ill now how you feel

my pleco hangs out with 8 goldfish so it will kind of be like baby brothers and sisters