Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Miss Hoppy Has Died

May Miss Hoppy rest in Peace

I guess the Rainbow Bridge just got a celebrity - Miss Hoppy - -

Karen & Paul:

We are so sorry to hear of Miss Hoppy's passing, but know she is playing hard at the Bridge.

You must have done something right for her to live 11 years! That in itself is amazing. I am sure she is at peace now.

Bunny & Kitties
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Karen & Paul, I'm so sorry the PT mascot Miss Hoppy has gone to the fields of clover and dandelion greens. You gave her a wonderful happy life that so many other bunnies never get to have. She was a family member instead of sitting lonely in a cage outside all year. I'm sure you'll both miss those tickly bunny whiskered kisses.
    RIP pretty Miss Hoppy.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

We're so sorry for your Miss Hoppy's passing
    Rest In Peace Dear Sweet Miss Hoppy!
    So sorry Karen and Paul for your loss.
    Know she was very loved,and forever greatful.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

I remember waking up and before I opened my eyes feeling something creepy all around my mouth. All I could image was an enormous daddy longlegs spider on my face. When I opened my eyes, I was relieved to find Miss Hoppy resting on my chest with her head right next to my face with her numerous whiskers surrounding my mouth. With all my attention drawn to her whiskers I never felt her slight weight on my chest. The second time it happened it was also startling.

I remember waking up when Hoppy was at the other end of the bed when she suddenly began to thump alerting us to danger. I saw my hand moving under the covers toward my head which looked like a creature heading toward me. When Miss Hoppy was young she always ran at the slightest sign of danger often thumping a warning to us while running. Except for this time when she did not think she was in any danger but she thought I was. She was a caring friend.

Once I was sick with a temperature resting in bed. Hoppy must of also known this because she frantically tried to help me by combing my skin for imperfections and repeatedly tying to pull them out with her teeth. After three or four pulls without success she would move on to another area. This did not hurt but it was very annoying, of course, I knew Hoppy was doing the best she could to help me.

I miss Hoppy. It's lonely without her.

I read this sad announcement last night and just couldn't find the words to post anything. I haven't been around here very long in comparison to others, but I had read the entire thread about Miss Hoppy and her ordeal. I looked forward to seeing the pictures that were posted of her and her white patch of fur. I'd read in the gathering thread of her recent decline in health and had hoped for a recovery as I am sure you did as well. I had a dear bunny as a pet as a child. I had other pets also, but it is only one kitty that I lost 2 years ago and that sweet bunny that I still dream about. They really touch our lives deeply. You'll feel this loss for many years to come, even though time will help ease the pain. I do hope that you get comfort from the comments here and support from others that knew Miss Hoppy. It is wonderful to remember and recount the nice memories. Feel free to continue to post some of these small activities with us. Please accept my sincerest sympathies.

I also wanted to mention how moved I was to see not only that the Pet of the Day websites were updated, but even more than that, I noticed that Karen took the time to welcome a new poster last night. I realize that you have it set where you have to approve new members and posts won't show up until that is done. But I was really touched that Karen took the time to welcome that new member despite going through the loss of you baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I remember waking up and before I opened my eyes feeling something creepy all around my mouth. All I could image was an enormous daddy longlegs spider on my face. When I opened my eyes, I was relieved to find Miss Hoppy resting on my chest with her head right next to my face with her numerous whiskers surrounding my mouth. With all my attention drawn to her whiskers I never felt her slight weight on my chest. The second time it happened it was also startling.

I remember waking up when Hoppy was at the other end of the bed when she suddenly began to thump alerting us to danger. I saw my hand moving under the covers toward my head which looked like a creature heading toward me. When Miss Hoppy was young she always ran at the slightest sign of danger often thumping a warning to us while running. Except for this time when she did not think she was in any danger but she thought I was. She was a caring friend.

Once I was sick with a temperature resting in bed. Hoppy must of also known this because she frantically tried to help me by combing my skin for imperfections and repeatedly tying to pull them out with her teeth. After three or four pulls without success she would move on to another area. This did not hurt but it was very annoying, of course, I knew Hoppy was doing the best she could to help me.

I miss Hoppy. It's lonely without her.

LES.............

it is SO hard to loose a loved one.........I know you will treasure those moments, and all the others.

Please accept our sympathies.

Miss Hoppy may be gone, but she will never leave your heart
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

I'm so sorry

Dear Karen and Paul, please accept my sincere condolences at the passing of Miss Hoppy to enjoy everything at the Rainbow Bridge. I know how very sad her passing is for you and Paul. I felt the same way when my beloved Thai went to the Bridge. I still have the stuffed rabbit you sent me when I had my knee replaced and when I look at it I think of Miss Hoppy.

I am so sorry to hear about Miss Hoppy. I know her memories will bring you comfort in time.

Hugs to you and Paul.

I am so sorry to hear about Miss Hoppy, my heart is breaking for you and Paul.

Rest in Peace sweet Hoppy bunny, we still love you dear heart.

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Sending you hugs from the left coast.

The most wonderful thing about our pets is that they never leave our hearts.

Give the neighborhood kids a hug too!

My heartfelt condolences.

She was the first bunny mascot I met and truly inspiring. I'm sure Sisi welcomed her at the RB bridge with a bouquet of parsley and dandelions.

Farewell to the Best Bunny ever!

I was so saddened to hear of Miss Hoppy leaving - I know she lived a long and happy life because she had you, Karen and Paul.
    Grasshopper is now a part of me, no more sadness or aching - and Spencer has not filled the void she left but taken his own rightful place in my life.

We will all mourn and miss Miss Hoppy as she inspired this best of places to come to. How appropriate that she will be remembered on Memorial Day from now on. And when you least expect it - someone will run or hop into your life . . . .

May your hearts find comfort - much love to you two from Kohala and Spencer and Dadcat

And many,many thanks to Isabel for her email.
    Spencer's Mom

Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat
    August 14, 1986 - June 15 2004
    Thank you so much for the siggies, PCB & Kfamr

* * I've Been Frosted * *

I became a huge bunny lover, thanks to Miss Hoppy. I'm so saddened by her passing. Karen and Paul, wish I could hug you in person. The resident "Bridge Watcher" will make our sweet girl welcomed and loved.

I've been Boooo'd!

Karen and Paul,

I am so terribly sorry for your loss of Miss Hoppy. I have no doubt in my mind that she was loved from ear to toe and that she knew it whole heartedly. She was very blessed to have you as her little bunny parents.

My sincerest condolences go out to you very wonderful people.

God speed to the bridge sweet little one. I'm sorry I never got the opportunity to meet you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

Dear Karen and Paul,

I'm so sorry to read that Miss Hoppy has gone to the Bridge. You gave her a wonderful life filled with love. Farewell, sweet little bunny.

Karlene