Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Miss Hoppy Has Died

Miss Hoppy Has Died

Miss Hoppy, the best bunny in the whole wide world, has passed away just a little while ago. We had been worried, but she was just sleeping more and more and more, and had some trouble moving, and had not eaten much at all in the past day. She never appeared to be in any pain, and for that we are grateful. She was lively enough, early today when I was holding her for a snuggle, to move her head away when Paul was cleaning her nose. So we had a nice snuggle then, and she had plenty of petting today.

She was not only the best bunny in the whole world, but loved by many, including all of you, the neighborhood children (and adults), and many others who got to meet her. Her regular vet called her "The Miracle Bunny" ever since her survival from the treatment of the thymoma last fall, and remarked just last week what an intelligent and spirited rabbit she was.

We are sure it wasn't a return of the thymoma, as her heartbeat was normal (I could always feel it when I held her), and her eyes weren't bulging, and she could breathe just fine, none of which were true before the treatment this fall.

She had turned 11 sometime this week - we never knew exactly what her birthday was, but guessed because she was around 8 weeks old when we got her for my birthday in July. And, as all the books when we got her said rabbits live 5-7 or maybe 8 years, we were fortunate to have her as long as we did, and she never even acted like an "old" rabbit until the past few days.

We will miss her, I had wanted a bunny of my very own for as long as I can remember, and she was that wish come true! She taught us so much about rabbits, how smart they can be, how the proper way to pet a bunny is, how great raisins are, and countless other little things. I am sure I will see her out of the corner of my eye for years to come.

She was the smartest, best bunny in the whole wide world, and maybe the most beloved.

Run free at The Rainbow Bridge, Miss Hoppy - I am sure the fields are full of dandelion flowers and clover blossoms and all sorts of yummy grass.

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

Karen and Paul
    I've Been Frosted

Karen and Paul,

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Miss Hoppy I know she's been having some difficulties lately but was not prepared (if ever we are) for this news. What a sad, sad day.

Thankfully you had some special time with her today and she left this world knowing she was the best loved bunny in the universe. It's just so tough knowing how very much you will miss her in all ways.

Rest in Peace dear Miss Hoppy and please let your mommy and daddy know you're okay. Have fun in the clover little one and play nice with all the other bunnies.

Hugs, Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

ooooo.....Karen I am so sad to hear of Miss Hoppy's passing!! But you must be so blessed to have had her as long as you have. We have all been blessed, she sure was a one of a kind bunny! RIP miss hoppy!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

OH no!!... I´m so sorry!!!!... I can´t even think of what to say......

please be sure you´ll all be in our thoughts... and you are sure she was a bunny loved by many....even by those like me that never got a chance to met her...

may that fuzzy tail of yours hop and hop along the RB.... you will be greatly missed and I bet you´ll be honoured at this years PT meeting....

R.I.P. Miss Hoppy.... the best bunny and our proud PT founder pet
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Karen & Paul, I am so sorry such sad news.

RIP, dearest Miss Hoppy. You were probably the most loved bunny on the planet, with tons of admirers!!!

Your spirit will live on forever!

Oh sweet Miss Hoppy, may you have your fill of dandelions and muchies at the Bridge. You will be missed by many, and we are richly blessed that your Mommy and Daddy shared you with us for the short time you were here.

Godspeed Miss Hoppy.

Much love and hugs to you, Karen and Paul, at this difficult time. And Thank you so much for enriching our lives by sharing Miss Hoppy with all of us.

Oh, Karen, I am so, so, sorry.

Oh no, I was just checking back to see how Miss Hoppy was doing and saw her thread was locked. I'm so sorry Karen and Paul. Miss Hoppy was such a pretty bunny and I loved hearing how popular she was with the neighborhood children. She will surely be missed here and I'm sure both of your hearts are broken. Miss Hoppy will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. {{{hugs}}}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am so very sorry for your loss. It just does not seem like it could be real, that little Miss Hoppy has passed on. But she certainly lives on in the hearts of people all over the world. Rest well, beautiful Miss Hoppy. You will be so very missed.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Karen and Paul, I'm so sorry to read about Miss Hoppy's passing. It's never a good time to lose a pet, but please remember the good times.

Dear Karen and Paul,
    I am so sorry to hear about Miss Hoppy. I know how deeply you will miss her. However she had such a good life. I think that every bun should be as lucky as she was.
    Play hard sweet angle.

I'm very sorry about Miss Hoppy. She truly was special. You were so kind to share her with us, and let us grow to love her too.

Run and hop freely now, Miss Hoppy. See my Jessie and my BunBun. They've been there for many years and will surely show you around.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Hugs to you two...it doesn't seem like the same PT without Miss Hoppy - but she will always be part of it.

You gave her love and the care last fall that gave her a lot more really good time. I love the stories you would tell about her feisty attitude.

She was the bestest bunny with the bestest bunny parents ever.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Karen and Paul, I am so sorry to read this. She was with you a long time and with all of us here at Pet Talk a long time. For many of us, it was the first bunny we ever "knew." Karen, I wish I could write a lovely poem like you often have done for so many here when they have lost a loved pet, but unfortunately I do not have that talent. Please just know that our hearts are with you at this very sad time. (((hugs)))

Oh my.

Karen, Paul I'm so very sorry. Words fail me now but you're in my thoughts and prayers.

With teary eyes and a heavy heart,
    Zip