Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: gas prices in your area?

Did anyone else notice, or is it only in the Chicago area that prices went up? The Shell station nearest to my house went from $2.84 to $3.09 in one day. I'm not sure why.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    We're running somewhere in the $2.50's last I noticed and when I got gas last week. I guess it hasn't gone up, since the gas at Sam's was $2.40 something this a.m. when I went by, and they run a little less than others.

Elyse - Shell is always the highest of anybody in this area.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Prices right now for regular are $2.61 (cheapest) per gallon for regular unleaded. I boycott BP gas stations which are $2.79/gallon.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

$2.69 for regular in my area.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oil, gasoline up on US crude pipeline leak
    By CHRIS KAHN (AP) – 2 hours ago

NEW YORK — Retail gasoline prices increased Monday as crews continued to work on a broken Midwest pipeline that transports a quarter of the oil imported from Canada to the U.S.

In its weekly report on gasoline pump prices, the Energy Department's Energy Information Administration said Monday that the national average for a gallon of unleaded regular was $2.721, up about 4 cents from a week ago. The Midwest showed the biggest jump in regional prices, up 10.4 cents from a week ago to $2.778 a gallon. The average pump price in Chicago was $3.018, up almost 16 cents from a week ago.

The broken Enbridge Energy crude oil pipeline is in Romeoville, Ill., about 30 miles from Chicago. It is part of a system that transports oil from western Canada to U.S. refiners. Marathon Oil Corp., which operates a refinery in Robinson, Ill., about 225 miles south of Chicago, would not comment on whether it faced shortages because of the pipeline shutdown. On its website, Marathon says the refinery produces gasoline and diesel fuel. It has a capacity of 206,000 barrels per day.

Tom Kloza, publisher and chief oil analyst at Oil Price Information Service, said the pipeline helped push wholesale gas prices in the Midwest about 30 cents per gallon higher than the West Coast and 15 to 20 cents per gallon higher than the East Coast.

The jump in prices is "based mostly on perception," Kloza said, as the U.S. continues to sit on the largest supply of oil and petroleum-based fuels on record. Fuel supplies may be tighter in the Midwest as farmers harvest crops and push diesel demand higher, but refineries are still receiving oil despite the pipeline problem, he said.

"In the meantime, if you're someone who needs to buy 100,000 barrels of gasoline or diesel by the end of this month, there's probably a little bit of panic setting in," Kloza said. The price of oil and gasoline have surged on spot markets as doubts linger about when Enbridge can get the pipeline back up and running.

That's pushed gasoline and diesel prices higher, Kloza said.

According to the Oil Price Information Service, motorists in Warren, Ind., have been stung with the biggest price hikes. Pump prices there have soared 34.7 cents per gallon since Sept. 1.

Boyd, Ky., saw an increase of 34.3 cents per gallon in the same time, and Hillsdale, Mich. saw prices jump 32.4 cents per gallon.

Enbridge, based in Houston, wouldn't say when the pipeline would be operating again. An estimated 6,100 barrels of crude oil were spilled last week after the pipeline broke.

The futures contract for benchmark crude also increased Monday, rising above $77 a barrel. Prices followed the stock market higher as investors cheered reports that Chinese industrial production was accelerating. China said over the weekend that manufacturing rose 13.9 percent in August from a year ago, faster than the 13.4 percent growth pace in July.

A weaker dollar also contributed to rising oil prices by making crude cheaper for investors holding other currencies.

Benchmark crude for October delivery added 74 cents to settle at $77.19 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. In London, Brent crude rose 87 cents to settle at $79.03 a barrel on the ICE Futures exchange.

In other Nymex trading in October contracts, heating oil rose 1.83 cents to settle at $2.1227 a gallon and gasoline added less than a penny to settle at $1.9806 a gallon. Natural gas gained 5.5 cents to settle at $3.938 per 1,000 cubic feet.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

I had been noticing that prices were going down around here. I think the lowest is still 2.99 for regular unleaded though.

The closest filling station to me just raised their price to $3.94. I hope it'll come down soon.

Blog Entries
    It is $3.49 here.

I paid $3.37 yesterday. I have been letting my tank getting to nearly E lately because I'm so p/o'ed at these gas prices and I just wind up paying more to fill it up anyway. My car takes about 13 gallons and costs me over $30 to fill it up. I'm just glad that it has wonderful gas mileage!

Yesterday it was the equivalent of 4.64 a gallon in my part of Ontario!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Most stations right in this area are running between $3.50 and $3.56 from what I saw when I was out today. Thank goodness I drive a small car that's good on gas, and don't do much driving anyway. That's one of the perks of retirement! Sometimes a tank of gas can last me for 3 weeks or longer, depending on how much running I do, or don't do.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

$3.65 here, today. That's SE Michigan.

Another retiree here who doesn't do a lot of driving, and gets good mileage.

The cheapest place right now for regular is $4.01 but it may have gone up yet again. Luckily I live close to work and I don't drive too much. I usually fill up when my tank it's still half full and this is usually every 2 weeks or so.

I'm gave up my car to live here at Concordia, so I don't buy gas anymore. However up here in western Pennsylvania, (in Butler), gas prices are hovering between $3.60 & $3.65 a gallon.

What are you whining about! Look at the gasoline prices in Europe! These are pr. liter.

http://www.trafikken.dk/wimpdoc.asp?...nt&objno=14758

According to this link above, a gallon would cost just over $9 in Denmark.
    Last edited by Randi; 04-04-2011 at 07:49 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.