Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: gas prices in your area?

Gas prices in Pittsburgh average around the $3.97 range. I've seen two stations at $4.05, but just two so far. I still get gas at my favorite station for $3.92!

$4.19 this morning in Dexter, MI.

Thank goodness for my new car that is getting 28 - 30 mpg for around town driving.

I thought US gas prices were worse, but they aren't. There is about 4 litres in 1 gallon. It's about $1.30 a litre here... that would be $5.20 a gallon in Canada.

I was in Grand Forks last weekend doing a rescue transport and it was $1.14 CAD a litre!!!! I haven't seen a price like that around for a long time.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

$3.85 - $3.95 and up.

Apparently, Tennessee's supposed to be one of the cheaper areas right now :/
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by BC_MoM View Post
    I thought US gas prices were worse, but they aren't. There is about 4 litres in 1 gallon. It's about $1.30 a litre here... that would be $5.20 a gallon in Canada.

I was in Grand Forks last weekend doing a rescue transport and it was $1.14 CAD a litre!!!! I haven't seen a price like that around for a long time.
    Wow, $1.30. You are lucky. On the way in to work this morning it was $1.49 and most definately be over $1.50 for July 1st. It now costs over $80 to fill up my tank.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    Wow, $1.30. You are lucky. On the way in to work this morning it was $1.49 and most definately be over $1.50 for July 1st. It now costs over $80 to fill up my tank.
    It's actually at the point where it's cheaper to make the trek out to the border and fill up. I think I may do that tomorrow.

It cost $40 to fill up my little Corolla a couple months ago.. well over $60 now.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I saw on TV that a trip that used to cost $25 in gas four years ago now would cost $100.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I got $4.21 today. Cheapest in town. Sunday, I saw $4.09 the next county over, I freaked out because it was the cheapest I've seen in a long while, but I was in my mom's car so I couldn't fill up.

Niño & Eliza

With gas prices in Vancouver flirting with $1.50 a litre, much of the attention has been on the 2.4 cent a litre provincial carbon tax that kicks in tomorrow. However, provincial tax cuts also coming into effect tomorrow mean your pay cheque should be bigger as well.
    Victoria has promised the carbon tax will be 'revenue neutral' because it will be offset by cuts to provincial income and business taxes. Provincial income taxes drop 2% effective tomorrow, but because the cut is applied to your income for the entire year, the reduction you'll see on your pay slip will be 4%.
    The BC government is playing games with us, but then that's nothing new. I have to fill up my gas tank on the way home tonight and I can only imagine how long the lineup is going to be. The Carbon Tax kicks in at midnight tonight. The above is a quote from our local news website. Oh yes, and I did receive my $100 cheque (dubbed the Climate Change Rebate Cheque) from our beloved government that is urging us to use it for things like eco friendly light bulbs, put towards the purchase of a bike or something that's "green". I wonder how many people actually used it for that purpose? Mine was put towards bills. They giveth, and they taketh away twofold.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I bought gas yesterday for $3.19! I used my discover card, so I will get 5% back from the total purchas as well. I had gone shopping in the next town southwest of me. Here it is $3.52. Quite a savings I thought!

The gas station that I normally use is down to $3.99 and I'm hoping that it'll soon go down further.

The price of gas in Pittsburgh is 3.63 a gallon. I hope it continues to go DOWN!

I bought gas at the local Stop N Shop, and I paid $2.98 a gal. with our discount. Unfortunately, they are ending their gas discount program in a week. (I think the pump price was about 3.69)

Isn't it pathetic that we think paying $3 a gallon is a deal now?

I just moved to an area where the cost of living is much less than where I used to live, and it's around $3.49- $3.59 here. Where I moved from had some of the highest tax on everything in the country. (food, property, etc.)

Niño & Eliza

I've seen $3.51 at a bunch of places here in Allentown. Other places I've seen $3.55.

Not too bad. Hope it keeps going down!