Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two short videos of my cats

Two short videos of my cats

Just a few short videos of my meowsers. The first one is of Sneakers as she parades herself around in front of the cats that are in the enclosure. The reason that Sneaks is allowed to run free is because she showed up at our door as a stray and was always outside and eventually started coming in. And she hates all of the other cats and they feel quite the same about her. We only let her out when we are in the garden too and if I see an eagle around I quickly scoop her up and put her inside.
    Needless to say, the 'others' who already hate her, do not enjoy the site of her when they are in the enclosure. Sneakers has even been rude enough to walk on top of their enclosure and hiss at them.
    Towards the end of the video 'Tiny' expresses how mad she is by trying to knock the camera out of my hand.

This other video is of my cat Jimmy drinking water with his paw. I think I posted him doing this before but I had the camera today and he was doing it again so I got a short clip of him.

How cute! My RB Peeka used to drink water the same way. Wonder why.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Morgan is here next to me sleeping, his usual spot when we're watching NASCAR. His ears shot up and his eyes flew open when Sneakers started talking in the first video. Very cute!

Great videos. Sneakers sure is a gorgeous cat and is quite the chatty one. The enclosure you have is a great idea.

Jimmy's paw dipping sure is cute and I've heard of other cats doing this but none of mine do it.

Thanks guys! Sneakers actually never stops talking. She is especially chatty in the kitchen when she thinks there might be deli meat for her. I've never had a cat that talked so much!

Jimmy used to live on the street and was in rough shape when he was taken to the SPCA. A few years ago I had a reading done for him and the animal communicator said that Jimmy used to have to drink out of some yucky puddles that had suspect water in them and he likes to 'make sure' his water is clean. Sounds reasonable! LOL

I'll certainly tell Miss Sneakers that Morgan was interested in her. She can't get enough attention!

The cats really do enjoy the enclosure. Our place is for sale though so we're going to have to re-build it at the next house. This next time though we'll build it closer to the house so we don't have to carry them so far.

I LOVE a verbal cat!! The more verbal they are, the better I like it. Samantha is the most verbal one I have and she has that deep meezer voice... I LOVE the sound of her voice. Sometime. I will touch her just to hear her voice.

Amy will give me that really pitiful "mew, mew" when I go to bed and have the gate up and she can't get into the room. She sounds just like a little kitten when she does that.... but she only does that when she wants me to feel sorry for her.

Squeeks sure is a beautiful girl with all that beauiful fur she has and if that wasn't enough, to hear how verbal she is.. She has WON me over to her fan club!

I thought that was adoreable how Tiny was right up at the camera! You just don't get those kinds of close ups on a cat... usually it is the other end the camera gets as they walk away, dis-interested...

And Jimmy! Now that is so darn CUTE!!!! Tap, tap, slurp! Slurp! WHAT A BOY!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

How big is your enclosure?! It looks huge! The cats sure seem to love it!

By the way, I'm coming up to catnap Sneakers!!! OMG!! She's gorgeous, and so talky! I love that!

My goodness, Sneakers is beautiful! When that sunlight hit her, her coloring exploded...

Toby drinks his water like that, too. He started by only drinking ice water out of cups but now he's done it this way for several years, lol. I think it's cute until he starts eyeing my water! I don't want "poopy toes" in my water but he's never too concerned with my wants, lol.

("poopy toes" is just what we call their feet after a trip to the potty box, this in no way is meant to imply that my cats walk around on poopy feet, lol)

What beautiful surroundings you have there! Squekers certainly have a wonderful life. I think I hear a bit of purring too. Tiny is gorgeous too!

It's so cute that Jimmy is drinking from his paw.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    I LOVE a verbal cat!! The more verbal they are, the better I like it. Samantha is the most verbal one I have and she has that deep meezer voice... I LOVE the sound of her voice. Sometime. I will touch her just to hear her voice.

I will have to share this with my husband so he can have a different perspective! She never stops and my husband can often be heard saying "Shut it Sneakers!"

I don't want "poopy toes" in my water but he's never too concerned with my wants, lol.

("poopy toes" is just what we call their feet after a trip to the potty box, this in no way is meant to imply that my cats walk around on poopy feet, lol)
    LOL!! That is so true and so funny!

Tiny is gorgeous too!
    Thanks for that! Little Tiny usually doesn't get noticed but I think she has the funniest little face and I just love her.

How big is your enclosure?! It looks huge! The cats sure seem to love it!
    The enclosure is about 70 feet aby 20 feet. We borrowed one end of the dog run to make it for the cats. It's got chicken coop fencing across the top so they don't escape and don't become eagle bait. We're hoping to make the next one taller so we can walk inside. We end up with really sore backs going in and out of there throughout the day.

By the way, I'm coming up to catnap Sneakers!!! OMG!! She's gorgeous, and so talky! I love that!
    Thanks! I'll let my husband know you're coming and he'll get Sneakers all packed up for you. LOL! Just kidding, we love her and her incessant conversations.

LOL! Well, if your hubby ever gets tired of her chatter, I'll definitely take her!

I thought Teeny and Tiny were adorable too... what cat isn't adorable though?! I love them all!

EAGLE BAIT?! Are you serious?!

WOW WOULD WE LOVE TO HAVE THAT ENCLOSURE HERE FOR THE FOUND CATS TO PLAY AND ROAM AROUND THE BACK YARD IN.
    AND THE PET VISITORS AND PET ANGELS ALL GOT A KICK OUT OF SNAEKERS TALKING AWAY, AND ITS GREAT TO SEE THAT SNAEKERS LOVES TO COMMUNICATE WITH HIS GUARDIANS SO MUCH.
    THATS TRULY THE SIGN OF A HAPPY CAT.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Such wonderful videos!

I loved seeing Sneakers 'sneakers,' m her feet stand out so well against her darker coloring. And I agree with the other comment, when the sun hit her coat, such beautiful tones! Hearing her chatter was grand! I think she has a lovely life with you.

Dear Tiny, batting at the camera, wanted to check it out, the curiosity factor, ya know?

Jimmy made me laugh! It must take a while to get enough that way, but I understand why he feels it is necessary. I wonder if you put some chicken broth in there, would he still do the dainty tasting, or lap it right up!

It is so nice that you have the land to build that size enclosure for them. Wow! And now you get to make the 'new and improved' version, once you move. Higher top, closer to the house, etc. Heck, maybe you can link it to a cat door right AT the house so they can enter and exit themselves with no carrying!

You must have to take this one down once the Buyer is committed, huh? There may be a time with NO enclosure, before the new one at the new house gets installed. I don't think your sweet spoiled cats are going to enjoy that!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    EAGLE BAIT?! Are you serious?!
    Oh yes, we have lot's of eagles around here and they have been known to take cats. Sneakers only gets to go out for short outings (half hour or so) and maybe 4 or 5 times a day. I've seen them circling above our house and it makes me very nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Jimmy made me laugh! It must take a while to get enough that way, but I understand why he feels it is necessary. I wonder if you put some chicken broth in there, would he still do the dainty tasting, or lap it right up!

It is so nice that you have the land to build that size enclosure for them. Wow! And now you get to make the 'new and improved' version, once you move. Higher top, closer to the house, etc. Heck, maybe you can link it to a cat door right AT the house so they can enter and exit themselves with no carrying!

You must have to take this one down once the Buyer is committed, huh? There may be a time with NO enclosure, before the new one at the new house gets installed. I don't think your sweet spoiled cats are going to enjoy that!
    Jimmy starts out using his paw for the first few minutes and then when he's decided it is adequate to drink, he uses his mouth.
    Do cats like chicken broth? That might be a good idea for me to try and sneak Tiger's meds into him. I could sprinkle the capsule into the broth and warm it up a bit. I'll give it a try!

We'll be leaving the catrun as is and whoever buys the place can do what they like with it. We've suggested that it would make a good garden area (if they took off the top part) or a good area for chickens or rabbits. But you're right, there will be a time in between that they will be without an enclosure but when we get to where we're going (haven't figured that part out yet) we'll build the animal runs first so hopefully it won't be more than a few weeks once we move.

catmandu WOW WOULD WE LOVE TO HAVE THAT ENCLOSURE HERE FOR THE FOUND CATS TO PLAY AND ROAM AROUND THE BACK YARD IN.
    Maybe you could get some volunteers to pitch in to help build it? It wasn't too hard to build and now that we know what we're doing, we're looking forward to building the next one. The worst part was digging the holes for the posts. We have alot of rocks in our soil and had to dig down
    18 inches. We used agricultural fencing but with fairly small openings so they couldn't escape. You can buy it in rolls at Home Depot. We used those fencepost poles that look like giant pencils and spaced them about 6 feet apart and then covered the top with chicken coop fencing that you can also buy by the roll at Home Depot. We made a little gate with some leftover fencing and used some wood to frame the door and there is a latch at the top and a hook and an eye at the bottom to make sure no one sneaks out.