Thread: Monthly Free Doggie Playgroup

Monthly Free Doggie Playgroup

Yesterday was time for our monthly free doggie playgroup meeting. It wasn't as crowded as last month, but there were still plenty of bichons!

Stephanie is standing, in the red shirt. I think that is Mattie in the center, and Pekoe behind the young boy. Mattie is 19 months, Pekoe is 10 months. They had such a terrific time playing chase! My Ozzy is on the far right, walking away from the camera. See the wee terrier in front of the trash bin? Silly boy wandered over and pee'd on my Dad's shoes, not once, but TWICE! We know Stephanie and her Pekoe from a bichon forum; and Mattie from Agility; I do believe I have posted some of Mattie's "runs" on here; or should I say, her BLITZ!

Stephanie had to teach Pekoe some of the rules! :laughing:

He really had a terrific time! He was playing and chasing about the entire hour and half. I had to wait to get a chance to pet him, until he was a bit tired; he couldn't keep still! He has that soft, soft puppy coat. OOooooh, wonderful!

My Marlin

My Lacey was sitting on the sidelines watching all the activity, and these 2 came over to say hello! (After that, Lacey went up into Dad's lap and refused to come down.) I think that is Mattie (front) and Pekoe, again.

Some of the other dogs. These 2 chi's, one is "standard," one is teacup.

Beautiful sheltie!

A daschund puppy!

Lily is a gorgeous silver Pekingese. She just got her summer lion cut to keep cool!

But she wouldn't look at me, te hee.

My Dad with Sugar.

See the slide? I put Sugar and Lacey down it, they both were surprised and slid, he hee. Marlin is a bit large, and Ozzy, well, ya know, it just wouldn't be right to do that to him. I watched a lot of folks try their dogs, some walked / ran down, others did a nice slide ride. So fun!
    It was wonderful to meet Stephanie and Pekoe. And she shared the news that Pekoe had passed his CGC earlier in the day. :woohoo:
    Last edited by Freedom; 05-18-2008 at 04:46 PM.

Looks like a good time. It's nice that you have a facility that will let the dogs play inside. Nothing like that around here. You have to pay for doggie day care, or you can go for classes, but no indoor place so we can play in any weather.

Excellent decision, Lacey! Bypass the activity and hang out with Dad! Sugar, Marlin, Ozzy, I'm glad you had a good time with the play group! smooch smooch smooch smooch
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Wow, that would be great to have a place to take the dogs somewhere to play indoors and meet other puppers. All of yours seem to be having a good time meeting others. Such cute babies!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Thanks for the nice comments! We really enjoy it. I think it is especially great in the winter, and if it should ever rain on a MeetUp date.