Thread: Pictures that mean something to you

Pictures that mean something to you

I came across a picture that I hadn't seen in a while and it kind of hit a nerve, so I thought it would be neat to see what pictures mean a lot to other people, and why!

So here's mine:

This picture means a lot to me because of all the memories it brings back. I started playing hockey when I was about 8. There were some great times playing hockey and by the time I was 13 I was playing with my own age group, the 17-18 year olds, and 21+ divisions. I mostly played roller hockey and played for the first traveling tournament team from my city, and played for my high school team. One season in specific stands out because I was separated from my team in a random lottery draft and picked up by the worst team in the league. That season we only won 2 out of 20 games as a team, but I took top goalie honors in the division with more than 300 shots against than the next closest goalie and the highest save percentage with lowest goals against. When I was 19 I moved to San Diego and met up with a team that needed a goalie and played one season before my knee completely blew out from lots of older injuries. After surgery I didn't play much until this picture was taken. This team consisted of a bunch of old school tournament players that hadn't played together, never practiced together, and some of us hadn't played in a couple of years, myself included. We went on to win the cup for the season taking out 3 teams in the playoffs that had been together for years. I only played a handful of games as a fill in goalie after this picture, but man does it wrap up a huge chunk of my life growing up. My parents always joked that I was more comfortable in hockey skates than I was in my own shoes, and I don't think they were wrong.

Great topic idea .

Mine is off my best friend from High School and of my 'puppy' Clover. Heather has just become a Mum for the first time, and Clover will be 10 years old in October. I love this photo and it brings back good memories of when we were younger.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Here's mine

Kuhio (kitty) refused to be left behind. We took a nice bike ride on a cool Spring day. She was such a good girl and I miss her very much.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    Here's mine

Kuhio (kitty) refused to be left behind. We took a nice bike ride on a cool Spring day. She was such a good girl and I miss her very much.
    How so Cute & Sweet.. Just Love this pic..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I was JUST looking at older photos right before I got on Pet Talk today. Here is one of my Soni.

I still miss him very much every day. He was great.

Don't mind, I'd like to share a bunch.. I love sharing pictures and explain why they mean so much to me.

Me at the OSU football game, posing with Brutus Buckeye. My most favorite moment during my first fall quarter at Ohio State two years ago.

Me at my first OSU vs. Michigan football game in 06' where I got to witness this scene after the game was over!

First picture with Mike, after our first date, so he says.. this picture just means a lot to me. I have it in a frame here in my room. Mike also has his own too!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

This is my favorite of YarYar.. She states Paw up on TGIF..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Great thread idea, I've really enjoyed the photos and stories.

This is the first picture that popped into my mind.

It's a completely dorky photo of when I was a kid (especially the bow ) but I sure miss Smokey and Reggie. They were my other "siblings" that I grew up with, they made me love dogs as much as I do today.
    When I was looking for that photo, I found this one, and it just cracked me up so I took a pic of it too. You have to love the California Raisins shirt LOL.

This is the very first picture I took of Nebo

This isn't the first picture I took, but it was her first night home

Actually there's a lot of photos I could think of, I love photos in general so many of them have meaning to me...but I'll stop for now.

Here's me at 'my' Field Museum. I LOVE that place. I chose it to spend my 18th birthday.

This is my favorite picture of Niņo, he was probably about 2.

Niņo & Eliza

What a nice thread. I love seeing older pictures
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Here's a few more since I found them:

Benny, my first dog, who I miss every day.

My Grandma Jean, who I miss so much - I think she is the one who sent Mike to me.

One of my mom's favorite pictures of me when I was little..

I hope Amy does not mind! One of the good pictures of us together when I visited her in 2004.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Here are some pictures of people and dogs I miss a lot.

My daddy, who passed away in February.

My son, who has been away at a state boarding school since October.

Rosie, our EBD who died last summer.

Queenie, our ACD who died last spring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wedding103.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	39197   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DylanFish2.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	39198   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rosie27.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	517.9 KB 
ID:	39199   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Queenie3.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	39200  
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

My favorite from our wedding day, nine years ago today(May 15). We eloped. I wore purple. It was perfect.

The day after our wedding, still my favorite pic ever of us together. I still wear that leather coat all the time. It's beat up beyond belief now. I "borrowed" it from Stuart on one of our first dates and he's never worn it since!

The bond between a man and his best friend.

The only picture I have of me and the original three. Earle and Hoodoo were just yearlings. Earle turns nine in June and I still miss Hoodoo every day.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving