Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rapper DMX arrested on animal cruelty charges

Rapper DMX arrested on animal cruelty charges

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/media/story/2...l-charges.html

Last Updated: Sunday, May 11, 2008 | 9:58 AM ET

CBC News

Rapper DMX, seen her in 2006, was first indicted on animal cruelty charges after a raid last August.Rapper DMX, seen her in 2006, was first indicted on animal cruelty charges after a raid last August. (Louis Lanzano/Associated Press)

Rap star DMX has been arrested on animal cruelty and drug possession charges after a standoff at his house near Phoenix, Ariz.

Police say the rapper barricaded himself in the early hours of Friday morning after they arrived to arrest him following two searches of his home that turned up drugs, weapons, dog carcasses and abused pit bulls.

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office said DMX, whose real name is Earl Simmons, eventually gave himself up.

Police first raided the 37-year-old musician's home in the Cave Creek community near Phoenix last August. They discovered 12 pit bulls and three dead animals partially buried on the property.

An indictment was issued on seven counts of animal cruelty after the August raid.

This time, police say when they went to the house they also found illegal drugs and five more pit bull puppies.

"With all his money and fame, [DMX] has no excuse for not providing proper care for his animals," said Sheriff Joe Arpaio on Saturday.

The rapper, who has sold more than 20 million albums, has also acted in several movies including Romeo Must Die and Exit Wounds.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/arts/media/story/2...l-charges.html

Last Updated: Sunday, May 11, 2008 | 9:58 AM ET

CBC News

Rapper DMX, seen her in 2006, was first indicted on animal cruelty charges after a raid last August.Rapper DMX, seen her in 2006, was first indicted on animal cruelty charges after a raid last August. (Louis Lanzano/Associated Press)
    he's just living up to the stereotype
    but whose
    her
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

"her"...CBC typo, I guess (I copied and pasted that, so who knows?) Canada's public broadcaster...

With all the stories around, it seems clear that animal abusers come in both genders, and all shapes, sizes and colours.

It just seems to be the celebrities that really attract notice. Paris Hilton, if I recall, was told be Ellen Degeneres to get all her dogs spayed.

In another story on DMX's charges, several 'partially buried' corpses had been found in his yard as well.

Why he would barricade himself in his house baffles me.

Just another dirtbag doing what they do best, flipping off the law and laughing.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I liked ABC's coverage of this arrest because it included a few more
    details. Especially the Sheriff who led the raid on the property. I really
    like the way this Sheriff thinks.

Excerpt from the article:

"Sheriff Joe Arpaio has made stopping animal cruelty a major issue. He converted one of the county's air-conditioned jails into an animal shelter and moved the inmates into tents.

"A guy like this DMX character with all his money and fame has no excuse for not providing proper care for his animals," the sheriff said in a statement."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCenter...4824123&page=1
    Last edited by lizbud; 05-11-2008 at 12:35 PM. Reason: spelling
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Why he would barricade himself in his house baffles me.
    He can't party in jail?

Eff him, It only lends to his 'street cred'-which which equates to more sales of all the crap he produces and markets.

I guess that's another hallmark of a 'rap star' up to no good-a house out in the boonies.

Jail is too nice...he deserves the same fate as the partially buried dogs.

And my kids at school think he's a fine upstanding member of the community...just like Michael Vick.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Quote Originally Posted by mugsy View Post
    And my kids at school think he's a fine upstanding member of the community...just like Michael Vick.

Upstandin', front of the judge....

I've never heard of the loser but I hope he sees jail time.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

You would think after Michael Vick, he'd be smarter. I've got no sympathy for him. My sympathy goes where it belongs, to the animals. I thought that as I got older, I'd get less upset about things and they wouldn't bother me as much. Not so. Not so at all.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

[quote=Catty1;2010420]Rap star DMX has been arrested on animal cruelty and drug possession charges after a standoff at his house near Phoenix, Ariz.

Don't you just love the way TV and newspapers spin things??!!

Um, there was NO standoff, they did go to his house at like 3 am, and yes he did lock himself in the bathroom, to get dressed.

I am in no way supporting what he has done, or is doing but it wouldn't have been such a great story if they told it the way it actually happened.

If someone pounded at your door at 3am, wouldn't you be alarmed?

Our Sherrif is doing a great job, but he does love to have his face on TV. And the reporters just love to spin things...........

****So this is a good lesson - in journalsim only - don't believe everything you see or read!

The actual reason they went to his house is because of a traffice ticket back in January where he was going 100 mph on a freeway. This raid really had nothing to do with the dog fiasco. But for some reason they all tied this together. What a great story though, huh?
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

Nevermind....

Are things that boring in the desert?

Quote Originally Posted by Catsnclay View Post
    Rap star DMX has been arrested on animal cruelty and drug possession charges after a standoff at his house near Phoenix, Ariz.

Don't you just love the way TV and newspapers spin things??!!

****So this is a good lesson - in journalsim only - don't believe everything you see or read!

The actual reason they went to his house is because of a traffice ticket back in January where he was going 100 mph on a freeway. This raid really had nothing to do with the dog fiasco. But for some reason they all tied this together. What a great story though, huh?
    good point especially seeings that the CBC can't even spell "HERE"
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    good point especially seeings that the CBC can't even spell "HERE"
    Hey, CBC is Canadian, eh??? Are you blasting my station, eh??? **chuckles**
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Well, at least the CBC webmaster...LOL....yes, that's our tax dollars at work!