Thread: A dog with dreams?

A dog with dreams?

my dog "Chunky" make noises while he sleeps, like old bear noises and sometimes he even bark while still sleeping, then I am wondering if dogs really have dreams..what do you think?

My dog does the same. He has a funny little whimper-bark he only does in his sleep. Dogs do dream. http://www.petplace.com/dogs/do-dogs-dream/page1.aspx

Niño & Eliza

I'm not sure if it has been scientifically proven whether they do indeed dream or not, but what else can explain it, right? I like to believe they do They're always chasin' that rabbit across the field and never quite catching him!

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy View Post
    My dog does the same. He has a funny little whimper-bark he only does in his sleep. Dogs do dream. http://www.petplace.com/dogs/do-dogs-dream/page1.aspx
    Thanks so much for link, I start to belive they dream like we do.

our almost 12 year old black lab mix, Rocky "dreams" the same thing every night I think because he makes the same little puppy barking sounds. He's been doing that all his life. the others just snore.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Zoee does the "chasing rabbits" thing sometimes. But my brothers RB doggie, Digger, did it ALL the time. He would be in the other room and it would wake me up in the middle of the night. Partly from the wimpering (barking in his sleep) and bumping the wall of the closet (he preferred to sleep in my nieces closet) when he was trying to get that wascally wabbit.
    I absolutely think dogs (and cats) dream.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Honestly, what else would explain it? I know dogs are wired differently than us, but I'm sure our basic structures and functions are the same in a sense. I believe they dream.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I think they do dream, why not, we dream. Probably dream of chasing rabbits...lol.

Mickey sleeps on the bed w/me and she frequently gives me a quick, soft kick now and then w/a soft whimper or whine so I have to suppose she is chasing that ever elusive squirrel in our front yard.

I wish Lady would limit it to a SOFT kick while she's dreaming. The other night was really funny. She was sleeping on the couch next to me, and her feet started twitching, then her hind legs went into a full blown sleep run. She beat the heck out of my thigh! I looked at her, and all four feet were going, and her ears were perked up, scanning.........and she was stone asleep!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    I wish Lady would limit it to a SOFT kick while she's dreaming. The other night was really funny. She was sleeping on the couch next to me, and her feet started twitching, then her hind legs went into a full blown sleep run. She beat the heck out of my thigh! I looked at her, and all four feet were going, and her ears were perked up, scanning.........and she was stone asleep!
    OMG!! this is so funny, but it can be dangerouos too for both, owner and dog.

My two often have the old twitching paws.......
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk