Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please pray for Pattycake's kitten and her and the entire litter!

C'mon little baby! You wanna live and Momma Kim is gonna help you!

so GREAT that Pattycake is NEGATIVE!

I think we should name him - BraveHeart Jr? Because he is hanging in there....Jen, if you read this, what do you think?

HUGS
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

We are not only thankful for Momma's god test results, but that you all made it safely to the vet and back, even with "the boot" on your ankle. Keep us updated, does he have a name yet, or are you waiting to see if he survives?
    I've Been Frosted

Karen, I decided last night that his name will be Trooper since he has fought hard and long! He is really trying so very hard to get his strength back. He just lifts his wobbly head and tries so hard to get up on his feet but he just can't muster the strength.

After I got home I discovered that at least one of his littermates now has some diarrhea as well so I called my vet back. He never really addressed the diarrhea during our visit, I guess because at the time we thought that only little Trooper was having it. Then, to make matters worse, I discovered that someone (s) in Shadow's (oldest kittens) litter has diarrhea as well. All of the litters have been kept completely separated in their own kennels. I have been extremely careful not to intermingle / share litterboxes, dirty bedding, food or water bowls and wash my hands in between handling any of them! So, I don't know if it's coincidence or not. I do know that I've battled diarrhea MANY times with kittens through the years.

So anyway, my vet gave me a full bottle of Albon so I can treat everyone with symptoms. Please pray that no one else gets as down as little Trooper does!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Prayers of gratitude for Mom's negative test results, and prayers of healing and comfort for the baby and for all the others (including you, Kim)!

Love, {{{{{HUGS}}}}}, and ~~~~~PURRS~~~~~,
    Pat and the cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

"Failure to Thrive" is a very difficult thing to treat. I pray for Pattycake's kitten. You're doing all the right things, so it's up to the man upstairs.

Hugs and prayers to Pattycake AND her precious baby.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thank goodness for Pattycakes test report. Hooray, and thank you, goD!
    (Hope She is listening)

Prayers for Trooper. Keep on handsome, Momma Kim and Momma Pattycake are all helping you.

I hope Trooper will pull through, but the sad truth is that I know first hand how fragile kittens are. And some will simply not make it. Been there all too often.

Albon will be great to use on all the babies. And Nemex liquid too. They can start Nemex (for round worms) at 2 weeks of age.

My vet prefers goat milk to KMR. She swears KMR gives diarrhea. So if you are supplimenting any of the kittnes with diarrhea, try a little goat's milk.

Are they on any antibiotics? Te combination that saved Rain and later, Dr. Bellows wa Clindamycin AND clavamox. My vet told me I could use that for any kitten who seems to be failing.

Also, keep Karo syrup on hand to give that sugar boost, as needed.

You have much experience with cats/kittens. You WILL do the best you can.....the rest is in God's hand.

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach View Post
    I hope Trooper will pull through, but the sad truth is that I know first hand how fragile kittens are. And some will simply not make it. Been there all too often.

Albon will be great to use on all the babies. And Nemex liquid too. They can start Nemex (for round worms) at 2 weeks of age.

My vet prefers goat milk to KMR. She swears KMR gives diarrhea. So if you are supplimenting any of the kittnes with diarrhea, try a little goat's milk.

Are they on any antibiotics? Te combination that saved Rain and later, Dr. Bellows wa Clindamycin AND clavamox. My vet told me I could use that for any kitten who seems to be failing.

Also, keep Karo syrup on hand to give that sugar boost, as needed.

You have much experience with cats/kittens. You WILL do the best you can.....the rest is in God's hand.
    Jen, I do have some Antirobe ... I think that IS Clindamycin ... will go check my bottle in a minute! I also have some Clavamox pills ... that might be hard for this baby but maybe I could grind it down with some water. Doc gave me some oral glucose but it is already getting low ... I will pick up some Karo ... I forgot about that! I usually keep Nutri-cal on hand but cannot seem to find mine anywhere, that's why I desperately tried the L-lysine since it has a maple syrup type ingredient in it. Goat milk? That's interesting ... and where in the world would I get that? LOL! I'm assuming our local Tractor Supply Company might carry that? Does it come in cans? Oh... and I did dose the kittens with Strongid today as well. Thanks for helping me cover all the bases! It's been so long since I had the teeny weeny ones! Unfortunately I am remembering the fading kitten syndrome and how quickly they can turn for the worse.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Petsmart has goats milk, in the DOG section.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2751740

Some supermarkets (food stores) will have it with canned milk.

Looks like tractor supply would have it also

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/...g=true&cFlag=1

That's wonderful news about Pattycake!!!! The news must have been great to hear. Poor little Trooper. Many prayers are already being prayed that this precious little baby will gain strength and pull through. Please keep us up on his progress?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

oh kim...prayers indeed are on the way.poor trooper.I know your doing the best that anyone could possibly do.and thank goodness they are all at your house and NOT outside!

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Thank you God for the great report on Pattycake. Prayers are continuing for Trooper. Kim what you are doing for these moms and babies..........there are not words to thank you for what you are doing. God Bless You.

Did the vet say anything about the other litter mates? Hoping for the very best for all the kitties! No matter how many you have that are doing well, it is always heart renching to have even one sick guy.

I'm just now seeing this. The Fur Posse and I will be sure to say plenty of prayers for Momma and her litter. Bless you for taking such good care of everybody especially when you've got some issues of your own w/the boot and all. Looking forward to an even better update.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Great news about mama Pattycake!
    I will pray for mini Troops! I can only imagine how it must have pulled on your heart strings when he looked up at you and blinked his little eyes when you thought he was too far gone. It does seem like he was letting you know that he's not giving up. He sounds like a very special guy. Thank you for taking such good care of him.