Thread: Growth on eyelid

Growth on eyelid

I just noticed a couple days ago that Kodie has a small growth on his right eyelid. Not really sure what it could be but I'm going to be checking it often. I'm kind of worried about it so if it doesn't go down I'll get my mom to make him a vet appointment.

Any growth on an eyelid should be checked by a vet. Those bumps could simply be cysts or tumours. Not worth taking a chance with. Even if it is a tumor, early detection and/or removal makes a big difference. If it's a cyst the vet can lance it and relieve the pressure.

Basically any bump should be checked by a vet. I've sadly seen too many cases every day of pets who's owners 'watched' bumps for weeks or months before they finally brought them in to find out later they were tumors and some had already spread.

Keep us updated on the vets report.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Thanks for the advice.
    Both Kodie & Lucy have to get there shots soon so I think there both going in next week. If I could, I would take him in ASAP but it all depends on my mom. Sadly it's not always my choice.

Roxey has had one for a long time. You can see it in the right eye at the top.

Thank goodness the vet wasn't worried about it.
    Hopefully Kodie's is nothing to worry about either. Let us know what the vet say.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Quote Originally Posted by sammy101 View Post
    Thanks for the advice.
    Both Kodie & Lucy have to get there shots soon so I think there both going in next week. If I could, I would take him in ASAP but it all depends on my mom. Sadly it's not always my choice.
    Yup, unfortunately when it's the parents decision it's sometimes difficult to convince them some things should be seen right away.

Hopefully Kodie can get in to see the vet next week and that the bump is just a harmless cyst.

Please keep us updated on what the vet says.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Looks like a myleobian gland cyst. Bandit gets them fairly regularly. Not life-threatening but can be uncomfortable for the dog. I have Bandit's surgically removed.

Hope that's all it is for your boy.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Thanks for the replies. My mom is going to make an appointment so I'll let you guys know what it turns out to be.

His growth is benign and he will be having it removed soon. I'll let you guys know when I know.

Very glad to hear the bump is nothing serious! Thank you for keeping us updated, and let us know when the surgery is and how things go.

Thankyou! I will definitely keep you updated.

Pawsitive thoughts for Kodie. Good to hear it's not serious.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla