Thread: Update on Tiger Ranch TRIAL in news...

Update on Tiger Ranch TRIAL in news...

Just was emailed this from another rescuer.

Tiger Ranch Charges/Trial Update

Maybe she'll get more than a slap on the wrist.

Those poor cats. The more I hear/read, the more horrific it becomes.

I could only watch one of the many videos because I became too upset. If that was her attorney who spoke, then he's just as culpable as she is. To say that people should be able to do what they want w/their animals is just beyond stupid. And that SEG that she had on her face is maddening. All one has to do is look at the photos of those poor, suffering cats and that alone should speak for itself. If a cat is sick, you get it taken care of by a vet. If you can't do that for whatever reason, you don't take the cat. Sigh. I wish I hadn't viewed that video. It made me sick to my stomach. Thanx for posting this, though, Jenn. We need to stay informed and I certainly want justice for those sweet cats.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

To medusa

I can understand your feelings and see your side, but let's wait to see everything....there may be more to the story than we know. Only time can tell.

Unfortunately, when it comes to animals, the law just hasn't been tough enough on abusers and negligent pet owners and so-called sanctuaries. I've seen too many cases of sick and dying animals or pets that have been abused and the perpetrators have received only a slap on the wrist. If over one hundred dead cats doesn't speak volumes to the courts, nothing will. I don't wish to start this debate again because, as I've said, I'm no person's judge or jury. But someone MUST speak up for these animals who have no voice.
    Blessings,
    Mary

wow.
    It is so difficult to look at that and after seeing it, I'm so thankful that the hell they survived is over. I can only hope that some of these poor souls get adopted, just as they were meant to in the first place. It breaks my heart to think of a cat being sent there by someone with the intention of it finding a future home at some point and that seems to be the last thing a cat there would ever get. The reporter states that only 7 cats were adopted out of the 700?!?
    I guess the most maddening part of it is that so many people would have sought other avenues for cats that they were taking to Tiger Ranch if they had known what was really going on. I don't know why they didn't know, maybe they didn't have access to the horrors that were going on behind closed doors. And why would it be concealed from people if it was? If she wasn't aware that it was neglectful, why would she conceal this from people?
    It seems like she must be dealing with some kind of mental problem if she was unable to figure out that these cats were suffering. The videos and pictures so clearly show their torture. What I don't understand is that if this is the case, a mental problem of some sort, how is it that all of her supporters and friends that she talks about in the video, didn't see the suffering, didn't stop the suffering. Was everybody suffering the same mental disorder?!?
    It would appear that these cats would have had a better shot at life if they had just been left homeless or in whatever prior situations they were in and would have at least had a chance to fend for themselves rather than being locked up in such a horrific environment.
    Thankfully, someone brought it to the attention of the authorities so the madness could stop. Thank God for them. I shudder to think how many other Tiger Ranches are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldgreen
    wow.
    I guess the most maddening part of it is that so many people would have sought other avenues for cats that they were taking to Tiger Ranch if they had known what was really going on. I don't know why they didn't know, maybe they didn't have access to the horrors that were going on behind closed doors. And why would it be concealed from people if it was? If she wasn't aware that it was neglectful, why would she conceal this from people?
    It seems like she must be dealing with some kind of mental problem if she was unable to figure out that these cats were suffering. The videos and pictures so clearly show their torture. What I don't understand is that if this is the case, a mental problem of some sort, how is it that all of her supporters and friends that she talks about in the video, didn't see the suffering, didn't stop the suffering. Was everybody suffering the same mental disorder?!?
    It would appear that these cats would have had a better shot at life if they had just been left homeless or in whatever prior situations they were in and would have at least had a chance to fend for themselves rather than being locked up in such a horrific environment.
    Thankfully, someone brought it to the attention of the authorities so the madness could stop. Thank God for them. I shudder to think how many other Tiger Ranches are out there.
    All excellent points, Emeraldgreen, and ones that, I'm sure, the prosecutor will bring out. Picture this: when my dog, Charmin, of 18 1/2 years died of a heart attack, my son and I buried her on the back of our property after he got home from work at midnight. It was dark and raining, we had 5 acres of land and we buried her waaay in the back of the property, downhill and out of sight from the road and houses. My neighbor had the same amount of property and STILL she saw us bury my dog. Granted, we didn't do anything illegal or immoral but my point is that we were noticed. No one can ever convince me that those dead cats went unnoticed. People discard animals every day and, although I'm not saying that all the people who took their cats to Tiger Ranch just wanted to be rid of them, it's evident to me that many of them felt "out of sight, out of mind". And, if Lin has a mental illness, then your point is well taken; then the others who HAD TO KNOW ABOUT THE CONDITIONS AT TIGER RANCH had the same mental illness. No. Not in the real world. Perfect world: cats should be able to live outdoors unharmed and free. That is no longer the case. However, these poor cats would have stood a better chance had they been left to their own devices. Tiger Ranch was NOT a no-kill shelter. Those cats were killed slowly. And THAT is a crime in my book, whether or not the law sees it that way. Even if she is not prosecuted, what goes around comes around. I, for one, would not want to see what's waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge, if I were she. No, y'know what? I take that back. Animals are so forgiving; I'm sure they've forgiven her already. Let's hope that the courts don't. Otherwise, justice will not have been served.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Pictures of the recovering cats that were spayed

Hi everyone. The cats are doing great. Here is a picture of each of them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	recovering 009.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	39089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	recovering 003.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	39090   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	recovering 008.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	39091  

That's wonderful and I'm glad that the cats are doing so well but methinks it doesn't have anything to do w/this thread. Perhaps you posted it in the wrong place?
    Blessings,
    Mary