Thread: Tiger Ranch and Lin Marie

Tiger Ranch and Lin Marie

I was not sure where to put my post; therefore, I made a new post. I was contacted by a lady who is interested in Lin Marie's charges at Tiger Ranch. This is what she said to me "The reason I am contacting you is that I am assisting with the ongoing investigation of Lin Marie.
    I am trying to gather information from people who have sent cats to Tiger Ranch.
    It would be greatly appreciated if you could tell me the date/dates that the cats were sent to TR, any vetting that was done prior to drop off, microchip yes/no and if your cats were healthy when Tiger Ranch received them.
    Anything that you can tell me would be great.
    The reason we need these testimonies is that Lin Marie and her attorney are going to say that these cats were brought to her in these horrible conditions. Which is not true. Many of the cats that died and that were sick, were brought to her fully vetted and healthy.

Thank you so much for your time.
    I'm so sorry that you were lied to by this woman and I'm sorry that the cats had to suffer at her hands.
    Please know that we will use your testimony to the best of our ability to make sure she does not hurt another animal ever again." I replied, "I appreciate your love for animals and you wanting to stop the behaviors that led up to Lin Marie's arrest. At this time, I am not a good witness for either side. When I called Lin Marie, she gave me a number to someone who could pick up my cats that I no longer could care for. I gave her a pregnant cat of mine with her babies. I also gave her a couple other homeless cats that had come to my home. They were not dying, but they also were not in the best of health. They were not spayed or neutered. They did not have their shots. I could not take care of them and Lin Marie seemed to be my only hope. Two weeks before she was arrested, I was going to give her another six cats. I am also like Lin Marie, I love animals and I don't know how to say no. Because I went on Pet Talk, I have been given enough money to get three cats spayed and another three cats spayed next month. I am so grateful for the help I have been given. I truly believe that Lin marie was trying to help, but in the end it was too much. I don't think that she ever set out to hurt so many cats. I think that maybe she really loved cats and wanted to help. Maybe she was mentally ill and did not realize what she was doing. I wish that you could see both ways. I truly feel sorry for every cat that was abused at Tiger Ranch. And believe me, I am sad. I sent my cat with kittens and I still have the mother of that one cat at my home. Her name is Vanessa and we called her daughter Vanessa Junior. I will always hate myself for sending her away, but I thought I was doing the right thing at that time. I will never send my cats anywhere again. I am just so happy that people are helping me. People say that Lin should have asked for help. I am doing exactly what everyone said she should do and I am getting help. I am still short 100 dollars or so, but I believe that the people on PT will find a way to help me. I hope that I have helped you someway. My cats were not close to death when I sent them, but they were not being taken care of properly; otherwise, I would have not sent them to Tiger Ranch. I also believe that many cats came to Lin Marie sick and dying. Everyone took their cats to Lin. That is why she had a problem. She tried her best. Love Rebecca

I just want to keep everyone updated on the Tiger Ranch situation. I know that we all have our mixed feeling about Tiger Ranch. I don't want to get into a controversy over the Tiger Ranch thing. I am just showing everyone the message I got and how I replied. I am neutral in this area.

Well, it won't help the cats who suffered and/or died but if she's prosecuted, it may be a deterrent to those who are committing a similar crime and to those who think all they need to do is hang out a shingle that says "cat rescue". I do hope you'll keep us posted on the outcome.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Tiger Ranch and lin Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa
    Well, it won't help the cats who suffered and/or died but if she's prosecuted, it may be a deterrent to those who are committing a similar crime and to those who think all they need to do is hang out a shingle that says "cat rescue". I do hope you'll keep us posted on the outcome.
    I will definitely keep everyone posted on everything.

To rebecca

Rebecca,
    i would be careful as to getting involved in the case...because we've only had occassional contacts with Lin, we may not know the whole story. I believe you're very kind hearted and try to do the right things, but I don't want to see that you would also be questioned. It's just such a touchy issue that personally, myself, I would not get involved in...but it is completely up to you. I'm suprised they haven't called me since I use to volunteer and have also taken cats to her to get spayed, but I took them back the next day and brought them back to the farms they came from. I just wanted to stop the cats from remultiplying since I knew people don't take adult cats...people only want kittens. I'll let ya know if they contact me also though. I've been watching the news and keeping an eye on the case. I just pray for the best outcome of the situation and put it in God's hands. Take care.
    Nic

Sprinter's Mommy is right. I'd be VERY hesitant in speaking with anyone about the case. How do you know WHO you are talking to???? I could call you and say I'm Shlomo from the prosecutor's office and you wouldn't know.

Please be careful.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Donna and Sprinter's Mommy are right... be careful who you talk to. I'd be wary about giving info to anyone. They may come back to you and want to prosecute for giving up cats to her. I know you believe in the best of her, but her lawyer will want to spare her however he can, and if that means blaming others, that might be what they try to do.

To Jenn

I didn't even think of that Jenn...about the lawyer. Actually, the day after the raid, I called Clarion humane society and offered to help and told them I use to be a volunteer for Tiger Ranch...they took my number and name and said "I'm not sure how they're handling volunteers, but I'll have them give you a call" The news said they were asking for volunteers, but they never called me...I wonder if they were hesitant because I use to help her....I'm just waiting for them to call me as a witness, but I don't want to be in that situation so I'm hoping not. What a mess this is! C U Later.
    Nic